Options

How long should a port take over Christmas

onephatonephat Posts: 898
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi
I gave EE a pac code from 3 on Christmas Eve. Just wondering what are your guys thoughts, should be number transfer tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday. No body at either EE or Three can give me an answer due to the Christmas break causing an issue. Why this isn't life threatening id just like an idea so I'm not swapping SIM cards every 3 seconds.

Comments

• Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    You don't need to swap sim cards every 3 seconds.

Just wait till your Three sim stops working, then take it out and pop the new EE sim in.

Have you got a text from EE to confirm your number transfer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry the swapping bit is mainly down to my own love of finally experiencing 4g. No text but it was done over the phone. 150 have a record of it but apparently it just shows them as processing.
  • Options
    One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I requested my number to be ported from Three to EE on the 22nd December, but I didn't receive a text message from them to confirm that it had gone through. I called EE on Xmas Eve to ask if it had processed but the customer service rep seemed a bit clueless, and just said that it would take another 24 hours to go through and offered me £10 off my pay monthly bill as a goodwill gesture.

On Xmas Day, I put my EE SIM card back in to see if there were any changes and a text message popped up to confirm that my number would be ported on Tuesday. I was planning on going to an EE store today but receiving that text message saved me the trouble.

Maybe try filling in the online form again, and if you still don't receive a text from them, try calling them or going into one of the EE stores. That's if you have one nearby.
  • Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the EE website:

How long will it take?

If you submit the form before 17.30 on a working day your number will be transferred the next working day; after 17.30 or if your request is made on Saturday or Sunday and it will take two working days to transfer.

Please be aware number transfers are not processed on Bank Holidays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks One United. I thought it might end up being Tuesday.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    You don't need to swap sim cards every 3 seconds.

Just wait till your Three sim stops working, then take it out and pop the new EE sim in.

Have you got a text from EE to confirm your number transfer?

A of the time it isn't as simple as that. Number porting in this country is a bit bizarre, when the PAC is given it is actually a redirection request sent to the original network from whence it was issued. Broadly speaking it should be seemless, however if the original provider has a network faultit will have a knock on effect to the ported out numbers.

OFCOM was mooted to be setting up a centralised system to prevent situations like aforementioned occuring. A kick up from Vodafone and others put the kybosh on that as they threatened to also delay introduction of faster number porting and get it bogged down in legal mire.

However in response to the OP, generally depending on what the network has told it usually ports between 10am - 6pm or 11am - 5pm. Changing your sim cards on the phone is certainly one way of expiditing the process to some degree, its probably more help to follow what Jabba has said, if you have a spare phone then shove the new or old sim card in that. Have them both running throughout the day eventually a restart in the evening whether airplane mode or switching off then on usually completes it. You may find friends and family are not able to contact you for a lot of the day.

In addition seeing as you gave EE your PAC on xmas eve the port will complete on the next available business day....which in your case will be tomorrow Monday 29th December 2014 (for the avoidance of doubt)
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    onephat wrote: »
    Thanks One United. I thought it might end up being Tuesday.

It'll be Tuesday, but you should have received a text to confirm, I suggest you call 150 again tomorrow and if needed get them to process it again.