Options

Cecil the Lion murdered by a USA dentist

HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
Forum Member
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/28/killer-of-cecil-the-lion-was-american-zimbabwe-officials-claim
Lured out of the safety of his park .:(

The hunt took place around 6 July. “They went hunting at night with a spotlight and they spotted Cecil,” Rodrigues said. “They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park and they scented an area about half a kilometre from the park.”

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read the story the other day and it makes me so angry and sad. These people are despicable >:(

Hunting should be outlawed

Poor Cecil :(
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they found out who did this. Rumour around Facebook was that it was a member of Spanish royalty.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I hope they lock him away for good. What a vile individual and as for those who lured the lion out of the park, put them in an arena full of lions.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "He is a big-game hunter; he hunts the world over.”

I'd like to see him bloody well hunted for the rest of his days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody willing to waste 50k on killing a beautiful animal is immoral and disgusting >:(
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to rely on other humans' innovation by using mechanised weapons. Is that brave?

Brave would be trying to survive an encounter with this magnificent beast unarmed. Hope a flesh-eating bug chows down on his nethers. <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they lock him away for good. What a vile individual and as for those who lured the lion out of the park, put them in an arena full of lions.

I've never been able to understand the mentality of anyone getting enjoyment from killing. Look at his smile in those pics, 2 magnificent animals dead and he's smiling :confused:
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought he killed it with a bow and arrow?
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the story the other day and it makes me so angry and sad. These people are despicable >:(

Hunting should be outlawed

Poor Cecil :(

Or we let them hunt, but the rules are you do so only with your bare hands. See how many volunteer. ********s.

RIP Cecil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"The hunter first shot at Cecil with a bow and arrow but failed to kill the lion. “They tracked him down and found him 40 hours later when they shot him with a gun,” "
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If as he says he had the correct legal permits why was he hunting at night with spotlights and how did he not know that those permits were illegal ? if as he says he hunts all over the world he will surely check the legality of his locations and will know that hunting in the Hwange National Park is illegal.

I do not have a problem with people who genuinely hunt for food, those who kill vermin etc but people who hunt to pose in a pic with the corpse of animals , often animals that are endangered and then take parts home to hang on their wall really do just disgust me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I've never been able to understand the mentality of anyone getting enjoyment from killing. Look at his smile in those pics, 2 magnificent animals dead and he's smiling :confused:

The money they spend to shoot them usually pays for anti-poaching and conservation.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No, the arrow didn't kill him, they hunted him down 40 hours later and then shot him.:cry::(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The money they spend to shoot them usually pays for anti-poaching and conservation.

:o:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused: I'm talking about the enjoyment some seem to get from killing, never mentioned money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must have had an idea it was bit dodgy, but these things happen in Africa.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It breaks my heart.:cry:
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The hunter first shot at Cecil with a bow and arrow but failed to kill the lion. “They tracked him down and found him 40 hours later when they shot him with a gun,” "

It's ****ing disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: I'm talking about the enjoyment some seem to get from killing.

What you mean like thousands of anglers do up and down the country when they catch a big fish?
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    "He is a big-game hunter; he hunts the world over.”

I'd like to see him bloody well hunted for the rest of his days.

His teeth should be removed one by one without any pain relief.

At least his name is out there now - I hope he is punished for the killing and I hope his reputation suffers back home.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Barbaric, what can you say about these kind of people? :(

I'd wish a lifetime of misery and pain on these sons of bitches.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't stand people who do this, they're nothing but scum. I'm not clicking on the link, I don't wanna see the pictures. Bastards. >:(

RIP Cecil :(
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tried to be hard, failed miserably. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dear me, wishing bad things on his kids - that's OTT :(