The Daily Show coming back to the UK..

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Will this ever be shown on Comedy Central's main channel? I've just had to downgrade my Virgin Media package due to financial constraints and while I get Comedy Central, for some strange reason I don't get CC Extra.

I'm a regular viewer of TDS and I'm going to miss it like crazy now I no longer have CCE. Also, will they ever show The Colbert Report? That's a lot funnier than TDS but to just show one of the shows without the other kind of messes up what they're about. You get the slightly more serious show with Jon Stewart and his liberal take on things and then you get the more ridiculous and funny Stephen Colbert show after with his somewhat exaggerated version of the right. They go together like chalk and a blackboard!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brush wrote: »
    I'm a regular viewer of TDS and I'm going to miss it like crazy now I no longer have CCE. Also, will they ever show The Colbert Report? That's a lot funnier than TDS but to just show one of the shows without the other kind of messes up what they're about. You get the slightly more serious show with Jon Stewart and his liberal take on things and then you get the more ridiculous and funny Stephen Colbert show after with his somewhat exaggerated version of the right. They go together like chalk and a blackboard!

I recommend (if your PC is not a works one) adjusting your computer settings so you can watch both on their respective web pages. See here:

http://xtremisreaction.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/how-to-watch-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-in-the-uk/

It's very good, and once it's done, you can toggle it on and off, so it won't affect, for example, watching Channel 4 stuff from the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Thanks very much for that link Gulftastic. Works brilliantly.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem to rate well at all on CCE, Wonder if moving it the main CC would make a difference?

Probably speaks as to why More4 dropped it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Bloody typical, you get the credit Gulf when it was me who wrote the instructions for watching The Daily Show.
    Mind you, you did say they were very good so I'll thank you too for helping to spread the word.
    Anyway, since I think I'm among friends here, you may all want to know about a new blog post of mine.
    It's yet another method to watch Mr Stewart and Mr Colbert but that's just gravy really.
    It's actually a very simple way to crack Hulu, not to mention CBS.com (ie Letterman and Craig Ferguson) with just a different browser add on.
    So if I have got your curiosity, go here...

http://xtremisreaction.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/how-to-watch-hulu-and-us-television-in-the-uk/

And if you want to, you can decide for yourself where to add some thanks.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to download TDS when it was off-air over here and stick it on a USB stick to watch on my TV. Never really liked the idea of sitting in front of the PC to watch things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is it back on?
  • hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is it back on?

Tonight 11pm on Comedy Central Xtra - it's a good 'un:) I just watched some clips online.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to post this at the time - but did anyone notice that Comedy Central showed the election special completely uncensored? It was quite amusing to hear the team in full sweary mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to post this at the time - but did anyone notice that Comedy Central showed the election special completely uncensored? It was quite amusing to hear the team in full sweary mode.

hhhmm . can't remember that one .. i probably did watch it, but i suppose i didn't notice.

do people still watch the whole show if the guest is someone they haven't heard of ?

it's like tonight's guest is General Stanley McChrystal, who i've never heard of, who'll likely promoting a book i've zero interest in so i'll just skip it.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Global Edition on a Monday night is usually uncensored, so plenty of F bombs in that.

It seems that the daily episodes are taken directly off of US broadcast, although it must be a ‘graphically clean’ version as there is no onscreen DOG. More4 used to do this, in fact in the early days they used to blur out the onscreen Comedy Central DOG. But the Global Edition, as it doesn’t air on US television and isn’t subject to censorship, is generally uncensored.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite censorship when it was on More 4 was when the show had 'CLUSTERF%*K TO THE WHITEHOUSE' as a banner, and they still felt the need to blur the last four letters of 'CLUSTERF%*K'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the piece on gun control last night was absolutely inspired.
    “Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present. We can’t even begin to address 30,000 gun deaths that are actually in reality happening in this country every year because a few of us must remain vigilant against the rise of imaginary Hitler.”