Your G.O.T.Y (Game of the Year) 2012

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Black ops 2! No but seriously its a toss between mass effect 3 or assassins creed 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Rage was brilliant a bit under rated by some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Thought Rage was brilliant a bit under rated by some.

2011?

I dunno, nothing massively excited me this year, no skyrim, bf3, fallout, arkham asylum etc. Dishonored came close, so I guess that would be my GOTY. But there were a lot of good games released, so a pretty good year in all.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    GOTY: The Walking Dead

Runners up:
    Far Cry 3
    Dishonoured
    X-com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Haven't bought any 2012 games yet, boys have with LBPV and UC:GA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mistake didn't realise rage was that old only got around to picking it up a few months ago. 2012 has to be Forza Horizon picked it up recently and thought it is everything I want from a racing game.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    bob2005 wrote: »
    My mistake didn't realise rage was that old only got around to picking it up a few months ago. 2012 has to be Forza Horizon picked it up recently and thought it is everything I want from a racing game.

The Rage DLC 'The Scorchers' came out today so I guess you could technically choose that. :)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be Borderlands 2 for me. Lots of fun and almost infinite replayability in solo or co-op. Waiting for the level-cap increase to continue with my 5 lvl 50's.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to love how the Sun, just this week, was having a good moan about violent games then today does a top 10 GOTY list full of violent games :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4709601/Games-of-the-year-the-top-10-titles-from-the-last-12-months.html
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    This is a hard decision as there's a few games this year that have proved worthy, for various reasons.

Tops games for me were:-

Dishonored - Loved the stealth and the fact that the environment wasn't too crazy, i.e. no aliens etc. A bit of old, and new era mixed up.

Hitman - Good long game with great stealth elements (can you see a pattern?).

Assassin's Creed 3 - Good lengthy game with great game play and graphics (mostly).

There's Sleeping Dogs and Far Cry 3 that could be great contenders for the title, just haven't bought them yet.

The Walking Dead - Fab game that the characters draw you into. Great voice acting and storyline, just wish it could have been longer.

My final vote is between dishonored and The Walking Dead.... hard decision arghhh.. but if I could only play one other game, I guess it goes to The Walking Dead.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FarCry3

Without question. Its the only game in 2012 I've played and really enjoyed every minute, and we're talking a lot of minutes.

Even considering playing through a second time but on the Xbox.

:)
    Forum Member
    Haven't played enough this year, only new ones I have played are Journey and Killzone HD, too busy on KZ3 multiplayer
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dishonoured or Borderlands 2

Mists of Pandaria is only an expansion but it's really great too.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleeping Dogs.
  • ThrombosisThrombosis Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walking Dead, Guildwars 2 for me.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult; it's been a good year to be a gamer!

Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, X-Com...

...and not forgetting Hotline Miami, which is ab absolute must-play and only costs a few quid.

Only played the first two episodes of Walking Dead so far, but I've loved the hell out of that as well.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okami HD, sleeping dogs, far cry 3, Lego LotR and dishonored.
    Forum Member

Playing Journey, Unfinished Swan, Golden Abyss, and Dishonoured.

Journey is excellent, enjoying Dishonoured and Uncharted GA
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a damned good year. Lots of very good and variance. But "Dishonored", I say, without hesitation.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borderlands 2 or Dishonoured.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kid Icarus: Uprising.
    Hotline Miami.