Graham Norton Show Series 16 begins 26 September 2014

Comments

• Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Dame Shirley is an absolute legend, greatest living British Singer without question, its a shame they didn't let her perform for Annie Lennox (who is a little worthy to say the least) I did laugh at Shirley's little shrug when Annie was on about isn't it funny we both have an album out, and her reaction was like 'well duh, why else am I here' (She had clearly had a few of those Champagnes by then though)

Richard Ayodoye is so up his own backside its painful though, the whole reading from his book made me want to punch him the face, apart from that, so much better than last week, nice atmosphere, guests seemed to gel, even David Walliams cracked a couple of funnies, I do much prefer the British shows, they just get it in a way the Hollywood A Listers could never hope to
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show tonight
    I'm not anti-American (famous last words) but it's a slightly different kind of show when the guests are British, GN doesn't have to tip toe around them in the quite the same way

The audience participation segments always used to be really good, not sure why they've dropped them

Disappointed Catherine Tate isn't on tv more
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Dame Shirley is an absolute legend, greatest living British Singer without question, its a shame they didn't let her perform for Annie Lennox (who is a little worthy to say the least) I did laugh at Shirley's little shrug when Annie was on about isn't it funny we both have an album out, and her reaction was like 'well duh, why else am I here' (She had clearly had a few of those Champagnes by then though)

Richard Ayodoye is so up his own backside its painful though, the whole reading from his book made me want to punch him the face, apart from that, so much better than last week, nice atmosphere, guests seemed to gel, even David Walliams cracked a couple of funnies, I do much prefer the British shows, they just get it in a way the Hollywood A Listers could never hope to

I think Annie meant to say funny that we both have albums out where we perform our favourite songs but it came out wrong.

I thought Annie's performance was great. She has still got her voice and hasn't lost it thankfully although I found her performance style a little jerky.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good episode, i think i prefer it without the big American stars and i am glad Annie lennox bought some new clothes instead of wearing that bloody t shirt she always has on
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the exception of Catharine Tate who I can't stand, last night was surprisingly good

The episode on 21st November sounds excellent
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »

I was very pleasantly surprised to enjoy the show because I always sit on tenter hooks whenever Walliams is on TV. for once he was actually very interesting and didn't flog the old gay persona and there was no smut from him. The other guests were great IMO, Richard Ayodoye is fascinating and I really like his gadjetman tv show. Do agree with another poster about the lack of audience interaction, I loved it when GN used to nip into the audience.....why has this stopped
    I wonder?
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has GN got some sort of tattoo on his neck?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    I spotted that
    I think Annie meant to say funny that we both have albums out where we perform our favourite songs but it came out wrong.

I thought Annie's performance was great. She has still got her voice and hasn't lost it thankfully although I found her performance style a little jerky.
    Yes, I thought it was quite a rude reply considering Lennox was trying to get that point across.

Can't really stand Walliams or Tate and although I get and like Ayoado's style it really doesn't make him a good guest for a show like this.
    I also don't care much about Bassey so all in all this episode was one of the worst for a while. Or at least on a par with last weeks.

Hope the show improves a bit.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,376
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »

They looked like tattooed diamonds on his neck. Has anyone found out yet what it's all about:confused:
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They looked like tattooed diamonds on his neck. Has anyone found out yet what it's all about:confused:

The confetti stuff that they let off at the start?
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,376
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    The confetti stuff that they let off at the start?

Never thought of that thanks as I missed the start as I had recorded it and my OH went past the start straight to GN standing at the front. If it was that bet it got a bit itchy.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never liked David Walliams. I don't care either way about Catherine Tate or Richard Ayoade. Shirley Bassey's music isn't really my thing, but I sometimes find her amusing. Annie Lennox annoys me. I think she likes the sound of her own voice far too much and comes across as smug. In my opinion, she's given far too much praise. She's spent nearly half of her solo career releasing cover albums. Her new album, Nostalgia, is incredibly bland and pedestrian.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quixotic wrote: »
    Annie Lennox annoys me. I think she likes the sound of her own voice far too much and comes across as smug. In my opinion, she's given far too much praise. She's spent nearly half of her solo career releasing cover albums. Her new album, Nostalgia, is incredibly bland and pedestrian.

So it's not just me then? There's always been something about her that I don't like which I couldn't quite put my finger on, but you seem to have hit the nail on it's head.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back tonight with Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Judi Dench and Olly Murs.

HughBon is on next week which I'm surprised at after last time:D
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    Back tonight with Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Judi Dench and Olly Murs.

Should be a decent show tonight. Judi Dench is always excellent, and Olly Murs is often good value as a guest in terms of the err..."less famous" celebrities that often appear.

First time appearances for Aniston and Bateman too, so hopefully they're cool.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Should be a decent show tonight. Judi Dench is always excellent, and Olly Murs is often good value as a guest in terms of the err..."less famous" celebrities that often appear.

First time appearances for Aniston and Bateman too, so hopefully they're cool.

Judi is not on til the 2nd half.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Current upcoming guest list for The Graham Norton Show until the End of the year:
    Tonight: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Judi Dench, Dustin Hoffman and Olly murs (taped last week)
    November 28: Nicole Kidman, Julie Walters, hugh bonneville and Take That (taping next week)
    December 5: Michael Keaton, Jamie Oliver, ?, and One Direction
    December 12: Jim Carrey, Jude Law, Tamsin Greig and Nicole Scherzinger (taped yesterday)
    December 19: Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais, Rebel Wilson and Usher.

Does anybody know what the rest of the schedule for series 16 looks like? Some tvsites say 13 episodes which mean that it may end at the end of the year, but the official site says 22 episodes.
    After this week's taping , there are 4 tape dates left in 2014 but 3 confirmed shows up to now and the first 2015 show is taping on 15 January according to SROAudiences. The episode on 19 December is dubbed "bumper episode", so i'm wondering if that is the Xmas episode.

My current thought is that the "bumper episode" will be the Xmas episode then we'll get a "Best of 2014" show for New Year's and a pre taped episode for the First 2015 episode
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    Current upcoming guest list for The Graham Norton Show until the End of the year:
    Tonight: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Judi Dench, Dustin Hoffman and Olly murs (taped last week)
    November 28: Nicole Kidman, Julie Walters, hugh bonneville and Take That (taping next week)
    December 5: Michael Keaton, Jamie Oliver, ?, and One Direction
    December 12: Jim Carrey, Jude Law, Tamsin Greig and Nicole Scherzinger (taped yesterday)
    December 19: Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais, Rebel Wilson and Usher.

Please let these episodes be hilarious! Especially the Jim Carrey one. I've not seen Carrey on UK tv in YEARS!!!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    According to the intro before Not going out it is possibly the best episode ever tonight.....A lot to live up to
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Oh for god's sake, they think we want to see Olly Murs more than Dame Judi and Dustin Hoffman.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer's hardly changed if you see her from a distance.

Why is Olly Murs sitting on the sofa? I thought singers come on at the end.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    If Jen has had plastic surgery then she needs to give every other 40 plus actress her doctors number because they've done a great job in making her seem forever Rachel.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that the sole purpose of booking Olly Murs, was to embarrass the poor lad.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the guests.

Olly gets booked to be embarrassed. It happens EVERY time :p
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Loving the guests.

Olly gets booked to be embarrassed. It happens EVERY time :p
    He seems like quite a nice fella tbh and i'm not too bothered here or there about him