Which song(s) would you like to see banished to Room 101?

Comments

• Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I will go with that! The only Floyd song I really like is Another Brick In The Wall. Hate all the rest!

Granted.. 'ABITW',was okay as it was their biggest UK hit back in 1979,so I'd sneak that tune back out of Room 101,but like MGVSmith said they're an acquired taste.My dad's one of the old skool prog-rockers (big fan of Yes & early Genesis) and he didn't 'get' Pink Floyd either.But each to their own as they say. :)
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Bohemian Rhapsody - a pompous, pretentious, self indulgent heap of gibberish. That'll stir it up now :D

I'll second that. I can't stand it.

In fact, I never liked Queen, even back in the day.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I'll second that. I can't stand it.

In fact, I never liked Queen, even back in the day.

thirded .
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll stir the pot a bit too...

"Jump Around" by House of Pain. I just don't like this song whatsoever.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll raise you..

The entire Pink Floyd back catalogue !!

I've never understood their appeal.
    'Noise for pot-smokin' 50-something men'.

i wouldnt go that far, i like their 60's material, tracks like ' heart of the sun', 'see emily play, ' arnold layne' were great.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bohemian Rhapsody!
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by Abba. If I never hear one of their songs again it will be too soon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »

SNAP!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »

anything?.... i can understand 'dancing queen' 'mama mia' stuff like that but they produced some fantastic tracks besides twee pop ones.
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the stuff by the Beatles
    any Stone Roses
    Most of Oasis' songs as well
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    anything?.... i can understand 'dancing queen' 'mama mia' stuff like that but they produced some fantastic tracks besides twee pop ones.

Dancing Queen needs to be banished to Room 101. It's played far too much at parties and weddings and even some radio stations probably think it was the only song ABBA ever did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancing Queen needs to be banished to Room 101. It's played far too much at parties and weddings and even some radio stations probably think it was the only song ABBA ever did.

yeah, im happy for dancing queen to be 101'd
    Forum Member
    yeah, im happy for dancing queen to be 101'd

That and Come On Eileen, which seems to be another party/wedding staple :yawn:
  • Dex_BracewellDex_Bracewell Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Scream and Shout - Will.i.mac and Britney Spears - Scream and Shout.

Shouldn't this kind of stuff go to Room 101 instead of ABBA?
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Timewarp - no, let's not ever do it again.
    Cha Cha Slide
    Walking On Sunshine.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Hi ho bloody silver lining by Jeff Beck, NEVER has a song irritated me so much!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have said on many occasions, the dreary Mull of Kintyre. Dreadful song, badly sung. And while you're at it put Hey Jude in there too!
  • 36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything by the following bands:

Coldplay
    Oasis
    Radiohead
  • Gunner DLGunner DL Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Williams: Candy. I just can't bear it.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Young - Light my fire (light my fire light my fire) In Room 101 it goes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    As I have said on many occasions, the dreary Mull of Kintyre. Dreadful song, badly sung.

^ This x infinity!
    I'm originally from that area so I have a special hatred for that song as I'm constantly being told how great it is.
    No it bloody isn't, even if your auld Uncle Archie is in the video.

I'd like to add American Pie too please, another dreary dirge with far too much praise heaped upon it.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Ralph McTell's Streets of London. I used to do voluntary work and whenever we had a training weekend there would also be some muesli-munching, whale-saving, Guardian reader with a guitar covered in CND stickers who would insist on playing this dirge.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Scream and Shout - Will.i.mac and Britney Spears - Scream and Shout.

Shouldn't this kind of stuff go to Room 101 instead of ABBA?

Thing is the atrocity of Scream and Shout will be forgotten in a year or less where as ABBA will still be being played at parties in 20 years. I like ABBA but if a person doesn't like them I can see how it would be annoying for them to hear Dancing Queen at every wedding, party etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Mull of Kintyre
    And also:
    Chris DeBurgh - Lady in Red
    Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You

I could add a load more like these as I'm not a fan of sickly sweet ballads, but these are the two worst offenders in my book.
    Forum Member
    Thing is the atrocity of Scream and Shout will be forgotten in a year or less where as ABBA will still be being played at parties in 20 years. I like ABBA but if a person doesn't like them I can see how it would be annoying for them to hear Dancing Queen at every wedding, party etc

I like ABBA but as I mentioned earlier even I find it annoying that Dancing Queen is played at parties all the time.