Catchphrase - ITV

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
Forum Member
edited 08/03/23 - 17:59 in UK TV Shows #1
The new series starts on Sunday 7th April and runs for 9 weeks - presented by Stephen Mulhern.

Details here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week15/catchphrase

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The clues on the screen what does it mean" ::o:o:o

Three contestants :confused:

Everyone stick with the old version on Challenge weekends 5pm
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Just why??!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Each episode of the new series will last 45 minutes (Celeb show is 60 minutes)."

WHY?!!! :mad:
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
    Forum Member
    At least it's not completely a celebrity series.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    aw... i'm looking forward to this.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it that every ITV gameshow has to have some kind of elimination round these days? 3 contestants doesn't make any sense for this show!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    What next -- Celebrity Take Your Pick with Vernon Kay? :sleep:

Show is nothing without Roy.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Mr Chips be in it?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What next -- Celebrity Take Your Pick with Vernon Kay? :sleep:

Show is nothing without Roy.

Bloody hell, don't go giving them ideas.

Also, agreed.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Stephen Mulhearn so I,m quite looking forward to this
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Will Mr Chips be in it?

I am sure I heard his not in it :(

Edit: Have just looked and I think he is :D Sorry cannot do the link :o
  • IC89IC89 Posts: 1,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will definitely not be watching this. Childhood memories will not be washed away with a second-rate comeback.

Then again, could they butcher a classic more than they have with ALL-STAR FAMILY FORTUNES? I dunno.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Roy Walker years ago outside Edinburgh Playhouse, he was in Russ Abbot's Madhouse tour. Roy had a white tuxedo, bow tie, strides, the works. Still haunts me to this day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why mess with a winning formula?
    Roy is still very much alive, why not get him back, no need for £50,000 money pots, just keep it small decent amounts.

Seeing things like this, F-Fortunes & Mr & Mrs makes me kind of pleased they've not ressurected & ruined the memory of Bullseye!
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy is still very much alive, why not get him back, no need for £50,000 money pots, just keep it small decent amounts.

Reminds me of the episodes in the final series of Catchphrase when Roy Walker would give the winner of the Super Catchphrase an extra few thousand pounds for no reason other than to make the winnings total a bit more impressive. :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Each episode of the new series will last 45 minutes (Celeb show is 60 minutes)."

WHY?!!! :mad:
    So they can fit more ad breaks and reminders of the viewer competition in of course!

A stupidly easy question and a £1.50 per entry phone number means these episodes will probably pay for themselves in competition entries alone.
    Forum Member
    Give it an episode or two before making a judgement :D

You never know, you may be pleasantly surprised ;)
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading here why is there THREE contestants?? in original format and as posted on Challenge it was only TWO .... or is this to give it an "edge" .... that Mr Chips character (caught the ad for it) looks like the dustbin from 3,2,1 (dustybin) so similar don't you think? Also do the "screens" with the graphics swivel or are they plastered on screen? :D .... yes bring back the 30 min format no need to drag it out for an extra 15-30 mins it'll be like watching the x factor all over again or whats that other show Red or Black.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why mess with a winning formula?

Seeing things like this, F-Fortunes & Mr & Mrs makes me kind of pleased they've not ressurected & ruined the memory of Bullseye!

They did resurrect Bullseye for a few series on Challenge not long ago, hosted by Dave Spikey. Never watched it so I can't vouch for whether they ruined it or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    The new series starts on Sunday 7th April and runs for 9 weeks - presented by Stephen Mulhern.

Details here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week15/catchphrase

Rubbish. Id rather watch roy walker repeats.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and big surprise, the "celebrities" they have on are all ITV stalwarts. No doubt the extra time is also now to chat to them about their upcoming programme they have on ITV and give them a bit of extra promotion. Yawn.

ITV seem to have their look sorted, now they need to sort their programming and style out.
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one can replace roy walker and his infectious laugh and especially this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtM0-ZFwiNo
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this new catchphrase recorded in front of an audience or is it a "canned" audience .... sound on the STV ad for it sounds like its "canned" than a "live" audience anyone know? (curious)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is a success. Putting it on at this time on a Sunday is a show of faith from ITV. I would love game shows to be in that slot all the time, just like the old days with Bullseye etc.

I'm really glad the whole series isn't celebrities and that there's big money up for grabs. That's made it worth making. I honestly can't wait to see what it's like.
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    Is this new catchphrase recorded in front of an audience or is it a "canned" audience .... sound on the STV ad for it sounds like its "canned" than a "live" audience anyone know? (curious)

I think people have mentioned that they attended a recording. Besides, why would they used the "canned" audience anyway? It would take away all the excitement.
This discussion has been closed.