Options

EE - Sharon's muff!

FlibbertigibbitFlibbertigibbit Posts: 7
Forum Member
Why was Sharon trying to seduce Phil in red lippy, heels, stockings, short skirt.....her usual jacket, a furry headband and a furry muff (hand warmer ;))......... What an odd choice..... Am I missing something? Does he have a prostitute/ice skater/business woman fantasy?!

Comments

• Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord only knows it did seem very out of place and gross
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Phil seemed to like it :D
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Lord only knows it did seem very out of place and gross

It was horrendous! Maybe she's self conscious of her tummy in such a skimpy outfit and wanted something in front of it? The sight of Phil with lipstick all over his face was ridiculous. It was such a stupid scene :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Philth's got a bit of a Father (or Mother) Christmas fantasy going on ;-)

Those red stockings were funny lol :-)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Maybe Philth's got a bit of a Father (or Mother) Christmas fantasy going on ;-)

Those red stockings were funny lol :-)

Maybe he has a fantasy about getting lipstick all over his face too? ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Maybe he has a fantasy about getting lipstick all over his face too? ;-)

Wouldn't be surprised if he did - there was a lot of red lipstick there, yes. Went quite well with his own red face, too :-)

Not surprising if he has some kind of weird fantasy (or several of them lol), as he looked like he was loving it.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has great legs though, so she was doing well to show them off
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,402
    Forum Member
    Well it seems they still have an active sex life and Shirley is forgotten about. That's great but can we please see more of the old Sharon?
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about the song 'Santa Baby' anymore.....:o
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I must have missed that bit. Phil clearly still an omnipotent sex God. Women flash him in the arches and dress up as saucy elves for him. :o
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    She has great legs though, so she was doing well to show them off

I was so shocked, her legs are so slim.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    What a stupid, pointless scene that was? Why oh why......

Phil and Sharon worked brilliantly when she was with Grant, but now it's vomit inducing.

It's a bit strange considering they're close in age yet she acts like he's much older than her and she's his young bit of fluff etc. Don't get it.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,511
    Forum Member
    cas1977 wrote: »

Phil and Sharon worked brilliantly when she was with Grant, but now it's vomit inducing.

It's a bit strange considering they're close in age yet she acts like he's much older than her and she's his young bit of fluff etc. Don't get it.
    Phil and Sharon are married so they are allowed to enjoy some "alone time" lol.. I was surprised eastenders actually showed that scene.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Presumably to show that they're 'over' all their issues, but considering they never resolved them in any meaningful way it just feels disconnected. Who would forgive someone like Phil's actions so quickly??? Also the writing was much better when they first got together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Phil and Sharon are married so they are allowed to enjoy some "alone time" lol.. I was surprised eastenders actually showed that scene.
    Why were you surprised about the scene? I mean, it was suggestive, but wasn't particularly rude, just imo a bit pointless.

I know they're married, and they're showing they're having a sex life etc, but it doesn't feel very natural to me, just very false and contrived.
  • Options
    kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's nearly 9 years younger than him, that's not close in age. She has a princess complex anyway thanks to mummy and daddy, which he enabled and explains why she acts like a bit of fluff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Presumably to show that they're 'over' all their issues, but considering they never resolved them in any meaningful way it just feels disconnected. Who would forgive someone like Phil's actions so quickly??? Also the writing was much better when they first got together.
    Exactly....

All the "issues" they had on the day of their wedding seem to have disappeared without trace, and the grudge she held towards him regards to Dennis has all been forgotten etc.

And all the Marcus Cristie stuff! She was preparing to bankrupt him, and after one episode of Phil looking brooding, everything was fine again.

For me, Sharons best years were with Grant. Her and Phil are just as bad as when she was with Jack Branning....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    king**** wrote: »
    She's nearly 9 years younger than him, that's not close in age. She has a princess complex anyway thanks to mummy and daddy, which he enabled and explains why she acts like a bit of fluff.
    9 years not close in age! :confused:

It's not exactly an age gap relationship though is it?

But I agree with you about her "princess complexión", although the part would have played better had she been in her 20s....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really bought Dennis either. I thought it was pervy and weird and that it was all really about Den and Sharon than Dennis. Den's only redeeming feature was that he genuinely loved his daughter - she was the only person he ever truly loved, but the writers decided to sully that for some reason. The only believable relationships were with Wicksy (as a teenage thing) and Grant (as an adult). Can see why the affair with Phil happened but not them together long term. Next time she leaves, I hope it's with Grant and for neither if them ever to return and get further ruined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9 years not close in age! :confused:

It's not exactly an age gap relationship though is it?

But I agree with you about her "princess complexión", although the part would have played better had she been in her 20s....

Ha ha no not a massive age gap, but not close either! I agree she's too old for that nonsense but they've got nowhere else to go with her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never really bought Dennis either. I thought it was pervy and weird and that it was all really about Den and Sharon than Dennis. Den's only redeeming feature was that he genuinely loved his daughter - she was the only person he ever truly loved, but the writers decided to sully that for some reason. The only believable relationships were with Wicksy (as a teenage thing) and Grant (as an adult). Can see why the affair with Phil happened but not them together long term. Next time she leaves, I hope it's with Grant and for neither if them ever to return and get further ruined.
    True. She was fantastic when she was with Grant. As much as she loved him, and was wary of him and a bit vulnerable of him at times, she was still ballsy, and independent. In short, a fabulous soap character!

I think people love Sharon for the character she was not for the character she is now.
    Do you remember when she nearly humilated Grant in the pub, pretending that she was getting back with him only for it to a pretence, and then she got in the cab afterwards, and it ended with a close up of his face? Truly brilliant.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which episode was this in? It wasn't in Thursday's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha no not a massive age gap, but not close either! I agree she's too old for that nonsense but they've got nowhere else to go with her!
    Can you think of the number of times she's had any scenes in The Albert?!

Very few! I thought that place was going to become a lot more integral to the show, and have her at least working there etc.

I don't think it's worked out with the hipsters has it? :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Which episode was this in? It wasn't in Thursday's
    I think it was last nights episode