MyPhoneExplorer - how to synchronize with Outlook

susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just downloaded MyPhoneExplorer to synchronise my K850i with my computer, since the Sony-Ericsson phone suite is rubbish - it clashes with ActiveSync, which I use with my PDA, and after a quick trial last night, it took me 2 hours to get ActiveSync to work properly again! The promotion for MPE makes a lot of the direct synchronization with Outlook, which would be great, but I can't find any information on how to do it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Otherwise I'll have to enter all my calendar entries twice, once in Outlook and again in MPE, which is a bit of a pain.

Comments

• len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie4964 wrote: »
    I've just downloaded MyPhoneExplorer to synchronise my K850i with my computer, since the Sony-Ericsson phone suite is rubbish - it clashes with ActiveSync, which I use with my PDA, and after a quick trial last night, it took me 2 hours to get ActiveSync to work properly again! The promotion for MPE makes a lot of the direct synchronization with Outlook, which would be great, but I can't find any information on how to do it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Otherwise I'll have to enter all my calendar entries twice, once in Outlook and again in MPE, which is a bit of a pain.

You have to go into options then select the sync option then select outook , it's pretty easy
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    You have to go into options then select the sync option then select outook , it's pretty easy

DOOH!! Obviously too late at night when I installed it and brain not in gear. Thanks for your help, I knew it had to be something stupid!
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synchronisation works perfectly, and program doesn't upset ActiveSync at all. Makes you wonder why Sony Ericsson can't seem to manage that with their Phone Suite! The wretched thing seems to take over all the COM ports and sit on them, so that nothing else can use them. Thanks for your help, wish everything else was as easy to fix!