Options

Brian McFadden - New solo material

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
Forum Member
Brian McFadden's finally uploaded some of his new material to his MySpace website - www.myspace.com/brianmcfadden

In my opinion, some of the best material Brian's done. 'Like only a woman can' is stunning, and 'Alice in Wonderland' is good.

Press Release:
April 20th marks the release of the new single from Ireland’s most controversial pop star, Brian McFadden.

Having spent much of the past year in the dark of the studio, but never far from the limelight, Brian’s self-penned song is the first track from his second solo album.

“Like Only A Woman Can” is an open and frank love-song to someone who has helped the writer find redemption. ‘It is a song about Delta’, explains Brian, ‘but equally it’s me admitting the mistakes of my past, while looking forward to the future’.

In recent months Brian has collaborated with numerous luminaries including Paul Barry (Enrique Inglesias/Cher) and Phil Thornalley (Natalie Imruglia/The Cure). The net result is a more mature artist than we have previously known. Brian claims that he has never been happier and more focussed. “Right now is the best place I’ve been in my life. I’m really enjoying writing and recording the album and personally things have never been better!”

Apart from his success as a recording artist McFadden can feel justifiably proud of his achievements as a songwriter. With solo records reaching Number 1 in UK, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Holland Belgium and Australia, he has also been critically recognised with his song ‘Demons’ being featured in the U.S. TV series ‘Lost’. In addition, Brian has also written songs for artists as diverse as Il Divo and Girls Aloud, as well as the theme for the Theme for the Commonwealth Games.

Future projects include further writing with Delta Goodrem, a collaboration with Westlife’s Mark Feehily as well as the completion of the new solo album and the development of the BMF label internationally. “I admire artists like George Michael who had the guts to establish their own identity in the business and that’s what I aspire to do”.

Although McFadden’s name appears on over 50 million CDs throughout the world, he stresses that this release means most to him. “I am proud of my past, but I’m really excited about my future”.

----

Also rather excited about the tracks with Delta and Mark!

www.myspace.com/brianmcfadden

Comments

• Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's weird, there's an article on him in this weeks Heat magazine, a picture of looking bloated and overweight, it says he's depressed because he's been dropped by his record label. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he Ireland's most controversial pop star?

What's he done?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this :)
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he Ireland's most controversial pop star?

What's he done?
    Married Kerry Katona.

......That's pretty controversial.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has been in the news a bit, but controversial is pushing it. It's not like he's Pete Doherty is it ?

New single is okay but it's not a major hit methinks. Especially if he's on an indie label now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,203
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that link kirst_mccormack. I've always been a big fan of Brian, from Westlife and after. I really enjoyed his first solo album, still have every song on my mp3 player. Can't wait for the next one now.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame really as it's been announced today that he's been dropped by his record label!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a44218/brian-mcfadden-dropped-by-record-label.html
  • Options
    Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real shocker him getting dropped......NOT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    YAY! that's good news that he has been dropped...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Emma Bunton quitting and Brian McFadden being dropped, all in two days?

Cool :cool:
  • Options
    Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma Bunton quitting and Brian McFadden being dropped, all in two days?

Cool :cool:
    Seems like the music industry is trying to turn itself round. And start promtog real artists with talent. And have a public other than teens buy the material.