Shooting Stars- New Series

Comments

• hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When this first was on TV I was too young to really *get it* so I'm glad it's been remade again as I find it hilarious!! Great night of comedy last night following Mitchell & Webb then after to Russell Howard.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    Tonight's show was like a convention of Celebrity Big Brother winners. Pity Alex Reid is such a plank.

Three out of the 9 people on stage doesn't really make a 'convention', does it?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Penny Smith is still a very sexy woman.
  • capehorncapehorn Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    What's the deal with the pound coin Vic keeps giving to guests?
  • J_PeasmouldJ_Peasmould Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Penny Smith is still a very sexy woman.

Agreed!!:D
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Watching the England game today, Angelos (Dan Renton Skinner) is the dead spit of James Milner:

http://i33.tinypic.com/whe1oo.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    The most hilarious piece of T.V i've seen in a LONG time! They HAVE to make more! I actually think this is better than the original run!

You've gotta be kidding. The original was innovative, this is a rehash and the guests are not as good. Look at Series 1 and 2
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    aardvark85 wrote: »
    You've gotta be kidding. The original was innovative, this is a rehash and the guests are not as good. Look at Series 1 and 2

I've seen them thanks.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    This series has been absolutely hilarious - so many classic moments

The stuffed dog moving slowly behind the contestants :D:D

That was my highlight, normally its the electronic trousers that walk through the shot that no-one ever mentions that get me guffawing, but the dog was even funnier than that!

This show can make me laugh like no other, even random things like the way that Bob and Vic throw to each other "Seated next to me should be my colleague Mr Vic Reeves...there he is!" really make me laugh.

Also I've taken to the fact Vic puts oversized false teeth in for the final round that makes him talk a bit funny....

Well, I can't keep going on about the highlights, its all one big highlight of my week for me! :)
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    aardvark85 wrote: »

If you're watching this show for the guest input, you're watching the wrong show ;)

It's all about Vic and Bob being unleashed on them, rather than anything to do with what they offer

Also just thought of one bad thing about the show, Alex Reid shouting "Get this Peter Andre" during his round...
    Who apart from his terrible ego actually gives a shit about his rivalry with Peter Andre....again, wrong show for that type of crap fella...:rolleyes:
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to the stuffed dog, I thought that one of the funniest things about it was that no-one reacts to it , but Tim Lovejoy turned round and looked at it !
    Bob to Tim " Do you live alone, or with your mum and dad, or do you live with strangers ?" :D
    I'm sure Bob asked Tim if he is a homo....a homeowner !!
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was my highlight, normally its the electronic trousers that walk through the shot that no-one ever mentions that get me guffawing,

I thought they must be "robotic" at first, but sometimes you can see little lines coming from the shoes, presumably fishing line pulling them across the stage, so presumably they are just weighted shoes with some sort of armatures for the legs.
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this episode, second only to the first in this series.
    The best bits were:
    -finding out Vic's club song was the Neighbours theme
    -when Penny fell off her chair
    -the portal/hoop thing
    - anything Angelos says :D
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half an hour of absolute stupidity.

I love it.

The portal hoop was just brilliantly funny.

Many years ago I was in the same train carriage as Bob. My boyfriend and I could not resist saying hello and shook his hand then left him alone.

Half an hour later he was in the queue behind us when we ordered a couple of beers. He leant forward and asked for the same and paid for ours too. Genuinely nice man.
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's that Smell?
    It's Reeves and Mortimer.
    Sorry lads.
    I've moved on. Maybe you should too.

Note to Bob. Ditch the Dummy for Allah's sake
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is so stupid and it doesn't make sense.

Brilliant, isn't it? :) I loved Bob's portal into another world.

My OH and I have been Vic & Bob fans since Big Night Out and they still leave us speechless with their bizarre comedy occasionally. Where else on TV can you see a steroid-pumped knob end punching his way through a garden shed, jumping over a toy dog and crushing a currant bun through a toy hoop?

Am I right in thinking the "Tiny Hands" song is an old one? I'm sure they've done it before.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the "Tiny Hands" song is an old one? I'm sure they've done it before.

I thought that, but wasn't it 'Tiny Eyes' before?

Anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1FnT52dW2s
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I thought that, but wasn't it 'Tiny Eyes' before?
    Indeed it was. Same tune but different words, and Vic was a little more demented:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9UYWa0zZf0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this new series more and more, shame it's the last episode on Tue.

Old episodes are show every Saturday on Virgin1 at 9pm, if anybody is interested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last episode of the series in 10(ish) minutes, BBC2.

Tune In :)
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this series has been a real return to great form ... but unfortunately the final episode wasn't quite up to the standards of the previous five.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree i thought the final episode was dissapointing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best ever series of Shooting Stars.

Angelos fits in like a glove.

I already want more.
  • super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barack Obama, Barack Obama
    Barack Obama's bubble car .... :D