council house estate

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    true and that is what makes us special we have our feet on the ground unlike wanger.

you can take the girl out of the rough but you can't take the rough out of the girl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live on a council estate. And I'm on the benefits system. And I couldn't give two sh*ts what anyone thinks or says about me with regards to that. But I DON'T go around shouting my mouth off at anyone who has a problem with that, because then I'm just sinking to their level. Clearly Wagner's language barrier caused his comments to be misconstrued in the press, as he did explain himself, but for Cheryl to call him out on it like she did just made her look like a complete idiot. Here is a woman who supposedly does not read the papers and believes 90% of the stories written about her are lies getting irate over a flippant comment that some poor sod with even poorer English 'supposedly' said! Not to mention the blatent hypocrisy...Cher and Katie are forever being 'quoted' in the press as saying this that and the next thing about so-and-so and have yet to even have offscreen telling off, yet Wagner is subjected to all out public humilation? Wish Cheryl would pull her head out of her arse since her mouth is clearly clogged up with sh*te :mad:

Stop wasting tax-payers' money on all those socks. It's not funny and it's not clever.
  • BeanyBeanBeanyBean Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    He explained quite clearly that a journalist had deliberately taken his comments out of context. Journalists do that you know.

...and just as often they get the quote absolutely right. It's your call. My money's on the fact he said exactly what he's been accused of and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a taped recording appears next week.

Wagner's a fool if he believes he can take on the XFactor machine and that the fact that he's still on the show mean's he's got any talent. He's being used and his rants behind the scenes suggests he knows this.
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honolulula wrote: »
    you can take the girl out of the rough but you can't take the rough out of the girl

does it matter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop wasting tax-payers' money on all those socks. It's not funny and it's not clever.

Alright don't get your knickers in a twist love :P
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeanyBean wrote: »
    ...and just as often they get the quote absolutely right. It's your call. My money's on the fact he said exactly what he's been accused of and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a taped recording appears next week.

Wagner's a fool if he believes he can take on the XFactor machine and that the fact that he's still on the show mean's he's got any talent. He's being used and his rants behind the scenes suggests he knows this.
    The X Factor machine and the tabloids are working hand in hand. That is obvious. All the publicity around the contestants is scripted and false.

So why do you trust the tabloids on this particular occasion? The journalists are playing to the script.
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Cheryl was entitled to be annoyed, but she should have talked to him in private. She made herself look foolish.

To be honest she perpetuated the image she was trying to distance herself from. That chip on the shoulder when anything near to what she thinks they are saying is taken umbridge to.
    Wonder what the cloakroom attendent said:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I live on a council estate. And I'm on the benefits system. And I couldn't give two sh*ts what anyone thinks or says about me with regards to that. But I DON'T go around shouting my mouth off at anyone who has a problem with that, because then I'm just sinking to their level. Clearly Wagner's language barrier caused his comments to be misconstrued in the press, as he did explain himself, but for Cheryl to call him out on it like she did just made her look like a complete idiot. Here is a woman who supposedly does not read the papers and believes 90% of the stories written about her are lies getting irate over a flippant comment that some poor sod with even poorer English 'supposedly' said! Not to mention the blatent hypocrisy...Cher and Katie are forever being 'quoted' in the press as saying this that and the next thing about so-and-so and have yet to even have offscreen telling off, yet Wagner is subjected to all out public humilation? Wish Cheryl would pull her head out of her arse since her mouth is clearly clogged up with sh*te :mad:

Well Said
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honolulula wrote: »
    you can take the girl out of the council estate, but you can't take the council estate out of the girl
    She showed herself up to be exactly where she came from. To take it up on TV is showing just how classy she is - NOT!
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear Wagner, where did you start out in Brazil?

You are on our benefits system whilst Cheryl is a millionaire who will never need to go on benefits like you.

Even millionaires can go bust, then go for state handouts, so Cheryl isn't immune.

The point Wagner was making that she has done very well coming from a poor background, as not many who live in Council Estates have the same luck as Cheryl. I reckon she should remember that too.
  • pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny how she has not said a word about julien macdonald and what he said to her. she really should not have called wagner on that one and i liked the fact that he explained himself to her. she did not expect that.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't think there was any language barrier and he simply has fallen for the hype. He should not be on the show but love the dolly dancer tilla gals.:D

If Wagner shouldn't be on the show, then neither should Cheryl be called a judge, and be allowed to judge others, as her own talent is very limited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    If Wagner shouldn't be on the show, then neither should Cheryl be called a judge, and be allowed to judge others, as her own talent is very limited.

she has number one cd and album and that proves she is viable as a pop singer, like it or not. Wagner who cannot sing a note in tune or dance and is on welfare benefit when not on the show for a damaged shoulder is not going to have the same success so Chezza has justified her position on the show and she won a place into Girl's aloud she should be there. Wagner should not.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she has number one cd and album and that proves she is viable as a pop singer, like it or not. Wagner who cannot sing a note in tune or dance and is on welfare benefit when not on the show for a damaged shoulder is not going to have the same success so Chezza has justified her position on the show and she won a place into Girl's aloud she should be there. Wagner should not.

wagner should have given her the mic to sing live ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    wagner should have given her the mic to sing live ..

she did so perfectly last night when she opened Children in Need and gave a powerful performance. Wanger can only dream of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeanyBean wrote: »

If Wagner is really taking on XF, I'll give him a hand, as it's time Simon and Co were taken to task.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member

Bit harsh don't you think? Wagner can sing in tune, he may not be the strongest singer but neither is Cheryl. Cheryl got into Girls Aloud on her looks, and her solo career was launched on the back of X Factor. If anyone is lucky, she is.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    A Cher fan who lives on a council estate shocker :eek::eek:

:p

hang on, I am a Cher fan and I do not, and have never lived on a Council estate. I own my own house fully paid for. What does that make me?

I have friends who have lived on Council estates and they are great people....nothing wrong with living on a Council estate. There are plenty of rotters living in stately piles.

Boo to Wagner living off our benefits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't really agree with your assessment of Cheryl's singing prowess, as I heard and saw her perform a few times, and she hasn't a good singing voice, and has to rely on her dancing, and miming to get her through.

She is only one in Girl's Aloud, and when she sang with them that time on TV, her voice wasn't heard, which doesn't say that much for the Group either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate snobs, the people on this site who call Cheryl or Cher chavs are pathetic. Those girls have made something of themselves despite not having all the opportunities handed to them on a silver platter. Calling them chavs is just a way for sad people to feel better about themselves.
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see all the stuff in the press that Wagner is supposed to have said so all I can go on is what was said in tonights show.

I can't see what was wrong in what Wagner said :confused:
    Wasn't what he said true? Cheryl started off on a council estate and has managed to change her life totally. A great example to everyone that with hard work and a bit of luck anything is possible in the country we live in.

I started off on a council estate and I am proud that through the same things, hard work and luck, I am able to give my kids so much more than I had at their age. I don't hide where I started, I'm not ashamed of it and I don't think there is anything wrong with living on a council estate.

Cheryl came across tonight as being a bit of a snob and also totally unprofessional. Everything she had to say to Wagner could have been done discreetly behind the scenes rather thab in front of god knows how many million people.
  • LTTLTT Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Cheryl actually for real? All she bleats on about is how bad the press are and how anything is twisted, yet she then challenges Wagner? Unbelievable, words fail me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she did so perfectly last night when she opened Children in Need and gave a powerful performance. Wanger can only dream of that.

:confused:She wasn't singing live....she couldn't have danced as vigorously as she did and had a perfect vocal, sorry, not possible. She was out of breath when she was talking to Terry after the performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Can't really agree with your assessment of Cheryl's singing prowess, as I heard and saw her perform a few times, and she hasn't a good singing voice, and has to rely on her dancing, and miming to get her through.

She is only one in Girl's Aloud, and when she sang with them that time on TV, her voice wasn't heard, which doesn't say that much for the Group either.

I have not said anything about Cheryl's singing prowess I was making the point that it is not all about having a powerful vocal like Nadine it is a mix of good catchy song, excellent production and she carried it off. It is a great well executed number, something sad wagner can only dream of.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    He was quoted out of context which is probably common practice because it suited their angle. Cheryl should know better than to attack him live on air - she looked like an idiot when he explained himself.

And I don't even like Wagner.