HELP WANTED - Regarding recordings of Michael Barrymore

2»

Comments

• sillygirl123sillygirl123 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I'd love to take that off your hands, how much are you looking for? I'll give you a good price.

Make me an offer and it's all yours!
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Barrymore was terrifying
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never ever understood the popularity of this man. He seemed like an overgrown child ranting and shouting with nothing amusing to say. His thing used to be just abusing old people from what I could gather and any talentless half wit can do that. I used to cringe when he turned up for award ceremonies, completely trashed and hijacking it in a totally embarassing way.
    I pray he never re-appears on our screens.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Never liked the man and never met anyone who did.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked barrymore I went off him on come dine with me when he acted childish and yes I believe he's gay.
    And did date a woman recently but is currently single.
    He's also given up his stage name and gone back to being michael parker have no idea why his career is over.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could say the same of Hitler in Germany!:D

As to your quoted thing, your are right. But also, more recently, wasn't Jimmy Savile also "ADORED" and to quote the BBC 2a national treasure".

Mwhaha, Barrymore really did himself a favor running of to Brazil in order to avoid any charges if they came about. Not at all suspicious, only Ronnie Biggs and Nazi War generals do that sort of thing haha.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pure unadulterated comedy genius of the man himself.

In 1984.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKnL54cBjbA

And having a 'smashing' time on Come Dine (6 minute mark).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IOzXUzde1U
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got any footage at all? One particular one that I wouldn't mind seeing is his rendition of Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) which was brilliant, it appeared on My Kind of Music circa 1997.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    He was definitely a big star at the time - I was trying to remember the name of the show he used to do on ITV at the weekends where he had warm up acts that were shown, one of which was Freddie Star. I'm thinking early to mid 90s at the latest...anyone any idea what it was called? I'm thinking it might have been on a Sunday evening (like before or after Heartbeat :D) and there was alot of audience participation and I remember a really long sketch with Barrymore (or/and maybe a dance troupe or something?) involving some zany song to do with moles lol which isn't much to go on but I was fairly young at the time and ended up in fits of giggles - thats all I can remember(!). It was either that or Russ Abbot but im pretty sure it was Barrymore, Abbot was on a Monday evening wasn't he? :confused::o

I remember watching a few episodes of whichever show that was but I don't have any recordings, sorry... (don't mind me(!)).

Barrymore was on the Russ Abbott Madhouse I think. I have a vague memory of a Russ Abbott Madhouse sketch,Something to do with a gameshow called Get Set Go. It had Russ, Les Dennis and Dustin Gee and Barrymore all doing an impression of Basil Fawlty presenting the show. I think then the real John Cleese came on and shouted at them.

It was a long time ago and I cant really remember exactly but its stuck in my brain all these years.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got any footage at all? One particular one that I wouldn't mind seeing is his rendition of Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) which was brilliant, it appeared on My Kind of Music circa 1997.

I think that was shown on Awfully Good a 3 part Channel 4 show presented by David Walliams, it was on a couple of years ago, try 4 od.