Carol McGiffin exits Loose Women

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a509725/carol-mcgiffin-quits-loose-women.html

I am absolutely gutted about her departure. She was by far my favourite panellist and one of the main reasons I occasionally tuned in. I loved how she wasn't afraid to speak her mind - even if it was against the majority opinion. She will be sorely missed by the viewers, I always found her hilarious and refreshingly honest. I'm afraid I'll be tuning out now! Jane McDonald is the only other panellist I like these days.

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Carol. :( Maybe when she's feeling 'refreshed' she'll return.
  • NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall not be watching again now. The show is over
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    How bizarre I was only thinking what dramatic news she would announce to justify her appearance on CBB, I guess her boyfriend is safe then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow,,there be lots going on to talk about when the show returns

Denise Welsh and her marriage and whatever else in the news
    Linda Bellingham cancer :(
    and now Carol leaving
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No loss. Take the rest of them away while you're at it. Even repeats of Cilla Black are more watchable. But there again, maybe that's going too far!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Could spell the end of LW. That leaves JSP as the resident panel Rottweiler, unless she's gone too.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, my OH only asked me yesterday if she had left, and I said no of course not! I don't watch often as I'm usually in work but when I do watch, she's the reason for watching. The others are pretty boring (with the exception of Jane who is just lovely!)
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And with that, something that's already quite shit becomes slightly more shit.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, no more MARK stories!!!! Will they ever get married? Must be the longest Engagement in celeb land. I like Carol, I thought she was one of the few women on the Panel who actually spoke her mind, regardless of PC etc. I just do not watch Loose Women much anymore as they talk about their boyfriends, their marriages and their men. Nothing else!! It seems you get a Group of men together and they will take about what is Happening in the world but women seem to only want to talk about sex, dieting and men. (OR so Loose Women Producers would have us believe)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carol was the only one worth listening to. She spoke her mind and didn't care if she was the lone voice on the panel.

Maybe she'll return after a break ... like Jane McDonald did.

I wonder how much time off her CBB fee will cover. ;)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember her saying how she wouldn't go on these kind of reality shows like CBB.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I seem to remember her saying how she wouldn't go on these kind of reality shows like CBB.

Yes, she did say that ... or was it the Jungle specifically? I can't remember which.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it was the jungle, DOI and Strictly she said 'no' to. Hope she does eventually return to LW.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, no more MARK stories!!!! Will they ever get married? Must be the longest Engagement in celeb land. I like Carol, I thought she was one of the few women on the Panel who actually spoke her mind, regardless of PC etc. I just do not watch Loose Women much anymore as they talk about their boyfriends, their marriages and their men. Nothing else!! It seems you get a Group of men together and they will take about what is Happening in the world but women seem to only want to talk about sex, dieting and men. (OR so Loose Women Producers would have us believe)

Indeed. It really is quite revolting these days. Should be retitled 'Desperate Women'.

Carol was the only one who could speak a crumb of sense from time to time, although she prattles a little too much about that Mark and what must be the longest 'engagement' in the world.
    Forum Member
    Did she jump ship, rather than go down with it?

There was a rumour Loose Women was to be axed, McGiffin is doing CBB, Street-Porter is doing Masterchef and Jane MacDonald is doing a makeover show. Do they know something we don't?
    Forum Member
    Janet's Show is great. I happened to catch it the other day when I was home. She is great with the guests and I hope this Programme gets another series. NIce idea. Janet is great as a TV presenter, lovely warm personality. Much prefer this Programme to Loose Women!!!
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Think it was the jungle, DOI and Strictly she said 'no' to. He pe she does eventually return to LW.

Wonder why she said no to SCD???? I can understand Dancing on Ice as it is dying off now and quite dangerous really for the celebs but Strictly would have been fun and Carol would have been a riot on the Show! Cannot understand why she did CBB!! YUCK
    Forum Member
    Wonder why she said no to SCD???? I can understand Dancing on Ice as it is dying off now and quite dangerous really for the celebs but Strictly would have been fun and Carol would have been a riot on the Show! Cannot understand why she did CBB!! YUCK

Timing?

Executive Producer of Loose Women had a long assoctiation with Big Brother.

Her drinking buddy suggested she do it?

Needed some time away from Mark?

Needs the money?
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring on Samantha Brick and Liz Jones :D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Bring on Samantha Brick and Liz Jones :D

Katie Hopkins too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Sad to hear Carol is leaving the show, she is the by far the most entertaining, a funny intelligent women and never scared to voice her opinion, I think the show will suffer greatly by her departure. I wish her luck and happiness in whatever she does in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know...I think I recall her saying something on LW about bing hopeless at dancing but she'd have had the chance to learn something. Going on CBB is by far a more risky thing to do, if you don't want to be humiliated, I think.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. Idiotic woman.
    I am still hoping for a show featuring predominantly women that will showcase intelligent, thought provoking debate.
    I hoped for that with Janet Street Porter and Carol Vordeman. Instead it just proved that you can give a woman a degree and they will still be a bitchy harlot with nothing but shallow gossip and trash to add to the world, who melts into a gibbering heap of oestrogen when some bloke from a soap opera appears.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet's Show is great. I happened to catch it the other day when I was home. She is great with the guests and I hope this Programme gets another series. NIce idea. Janet is great as a TV presenter, lovely warm personality. Much prefer this Programme to Loose Women!!!

Do you mean Jane McDonald and not Janet S.Porter. JMcD is doing a make-over lunch time show which IMO is dire. Go to a factory and get some people to make-up, dress up and feed. Only their friends and family could watch it - watched it once and that was it.
    Jane McDonald is a lovely lady and I have met her a few times (I come from Wakefield) and she is ok on that show but not every day on TV - find her something better than that.

Back on topic - read in Bella mag Holly Willoughby is going to be the saviour of Loose Women after Christmas.:eek::eek:

I would like Carole to come back with Ruth Langford - Janet Street Porter - Fern Britton - Jane McDonald - Linda Bellingham etc - ladies of a certain age who will take Loose Women back what it used to be.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Do you mean Jane McDonald and not Janet S.Porter. JMcD is doing a make-over lunch time show which IMO is dire. Go to a factory and get some people to make-up, dress up and feed. Only their friends and family could watch it - watched it once and that was it.
    Jane McDonald is a lovely lady and I have met her a few times (I come from Wakefield) and she is ok on that show but not every day on TV - find her something better than that.

Back on topic - read in Bella mag Holly Willoughby is going to be the saviour of Loose Women after Christmas.:eek::eek:

I would like Carole to come back with Ruth Langford - Janet Street Porter - Fern Britton - Jane McDonald - Linda Bellingham etc - ladies of a certain age who will take Loose Women back what it used to be.
    That can't be true. It would be complete over kill for her to be on both This Morning and Loose Women and This Morning is a way better deal.