Options

Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss (Album Thread)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
Forum Member
Carly has announced the release of her debut album, titled "Kiss". She has worked with max martin,toby gad and other hit-producers and it will be released september 18th.

Source:
http://m.billboard.com/news/carly-rae-jepsen-s-kiss-album-due-sept-18-1007772352.story

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if it will contain anything from her first album and the curiosity EP or whether it will be all new material shall be interesting to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I wonder if it will contain anything from her first album and the curiosity EP or whether it will be all new material shall be interesting to see.

I think curiosity will definately be on there, I have no idea though. I love how quickly and out of the blue this announcement has come. Its caught me off guard and made me really excited! We'll get a new single, album cover and tracklist soon and knowing it'll all be coming soon is so much better than waiting around for ages not knowing any information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think curiosity will definately be on there, I have no idea though. I love how quickly and out of the blue this announcement has come. Its caught me off guard and made me really excited! We'll get a new single, album cover and tracklist soon and knowing it'll all be coming soon is so much better than waiting around for ages not knowing any information.

Same i have been intrigued for ages as to what she would do Whether entire new album, Re-release the EP maybe with extra tracks akin more to the length of The Fame Monster or a full studio.

I reckon she may give an international release of her debut at some point like Taylor Swift did if the album is successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same i have been intrigued for ages as to what she would do Whether entire new album, Re-release the EP maybe with extra tracks akin more to the length of The Fame Monster or a full studio.

I reckon she may give an international release of her debut at some point like Taylor Swift did if the album is successful.

I'm looking forward to hearing Guitar String, the live version sounded promising.

I am really looking forward to this, I just know it's gunna be full of catchy bubblegum pop tunes ready to smash the charts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to hearing Guitar String, the live version sounded promising.

I am really looking forward to this, I just know it's gunna be full of catchy bubblegum pop tunes ready to smash the charts!

Haven't heard anything apart from the three singles she has released and it all sounds good.

She has definite promise Katy Perry with Teenage Dream has pushed Bubblegum/Teen Pop back into the mainstream in a big way and i think Carly can definitely ride that wave hopefully with her age though she can add a little maturity to her music perhaps which is the only issue i can see arising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't heard anything apart from the three singles she has released and it all sounds good.

She has definite promise Katy Perry with Teenage Dream has pushed Bubblegum/Teen Pop back into the mainstream in a big way and i think Carly can definitely ride that wave hopefully with her age though she can add a little maturity to her music perhaps which is the only issue i can see arising.

Yeah the age thing creeps me out, she always seems so young but she's 26 and I just find that weird :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the age thing creeps me out, she always seems so young but she's 26 and I just find that weird :p

I know it is rather odd its probably a marketing thing but she needs to drop it like you said 26 not 16.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Album cover has been revealed:
    https://p.twimg.com/A0TYOv-CYAE4I5s.jpg
  • Options
    lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Is Call Me Maybe going to make an appearance? Really wish Curiosity was more popular, it's a great song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lmddawson wrote: »
    Is Call Me Maybe going to make an appearance? Really wish Curiosity was more popular, it's a great song

Call me maybe and good times are the tracks confirmed so far, but curiosity is rumoured to appear too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1. Tiny Little Bows
    2. This Kiss
    3. Call Me Maybe
    4. Curiosity
    5. Good Time (feat. Owl City)
    6. More Than A Memory
    7. Turn Me Up
    8. Hurt So Good
    9. Beautiful (feat. Justin Bieber)
    10. Tonight I'm Getting Over You
    11. Guitar String/Wedding Ring
    12. Your Heart Is A Muscle

DELUXE BONUS TRACKS:
    13. Drive
    14. Wrong Feels So Right
    15. Sweetie
    16. Almost Said It

JAPANESE BONUS TRACKS:
    17. I Know You Have A Girlfriend
    18. Melt With You

Tonight I'm Getting Over You is produced by Max Martin and is rumoured to be the next single.

So what do you guys think of the titles?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am starting to like her at the moment. She may be just a great antidote while Katy Perry is on a break. I will happily check out her album.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has the potential to bring pop back to it's former self. She's everything the charts need, very talented, writes her own stuff and it's all good. I hope she catches on properly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she gets this right, she will be a star. If she doesn't.. Uh Oh. I see she is a fan of lengthy song titles :p
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiss will be probably do well worldwide. It won't be #1 here or #1 in the US because the competition during when she is releasing. Definitely top ten though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope it's great and that she does well. Call Me Maybe deserved every bit of success it got. It stood out amidst the generic dance pop from all the same producers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the album. Its not to bad, 7/10 pretty good for an international debut.

Track 16 & 17 are swapped around though.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually really surprised at how much I'm loving this!! Just pure, catchy, fun bubblegum pop, and there is very little filler for 16 tracks. Well done Carly :)

The best way I can sum up this album is that I'm gutted that this wasn't the soundtrack to my 7th birthday party :o:D Although Hurts So Good constantly reminds me of Swear It Again by Westlife!

Best tracks: Tiny Little Bows, Curiosity, More Than a Memory, Turn Me Up, Your Heart is a Muscle, Drive and Sweetie.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's total crap. But nonetheless, i'm crushing on her big time. :o
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this album to be one of the worst albums of this year and one of the worst pop albums i have ever had. No other great songs apart from Call me maybe and they are not fantastically well produced at all.

Fingers crossed, this flops, she gets dropped and disappears.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I love this album! This Kiss, Call Me Maybe and many more are just great!

Some average of course bgut the majority is really good IMO
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this album to be one of the worst albums of this year and one of the worst pop albums i have ever had. No other great songs apart from Call me maybe and they are not fantastically well produced at all.

Fingers crossed, this flops, she gets dropped and disappears.

To me, her sound, and songs, are just as generic and crap as Lady Gaga and the new Madonna stuff.

I don't know how you pop fans tell the good from the bad. Cos it all sounds the bloody same.

Still would though.