Options

Melanie C - I Want Candy

BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
Forum Member
I just heard it on one of the music channels. It's weird. I don't know what to think of it.

I thought she was trying to move away from a pop sound and into a more indie/rock sound.

The video also kind of reminds of Rachel Stevens 'So Good'. Maybe it was just the outfit she was wearing...

Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just heard it on one of the music channels. It's weird. I don't know what to think of it.

I thought she was trying to move away from a pop sound and into a more indie/rock sound.

The video also kind of reminds of Rachel Stevens 'So Good'. Maybe it was just the outfit she was wearing...

Any opinions?

Not heard it but is it the old 80's Bow Wow Wow song?
  • Options
    MasqueradeMasquerade Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's the Bow Wow WOw cover and it's rubbish.regarding the video,no matter how much you writhe around in a catsuit Mel you ain't sexy.Give it up.
    Funny how she started out as this rock chick.Her first album was quite good,what went wrong?
  • Options
    buddysfenderbuddysfender Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I like it and its nice to see the Bo Diddly beat still being used over 50 years on.
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL The video is hilariously awful. Camp it up, Baby!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does she want me???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Aaron Carter also covered this song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which makes it even worse!
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    oh my god the video is awful what is this woman up to? The song is terrible. Well she was always seen as the credible one from the spice girls lol not anymore
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    What in ****ing gay hell?...Mel, no, just no....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the trailer for the film it comes from - looks quite funny.

The song though is a bit dodgy. What's with her fringe in the video?
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Its a right load of old tosh!! :mad: :D
  • Options
    xpletivexpletive Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her on the Al Murray show - Christ she looked old. But I guess she must actually be 35 ish?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Her birthday is on 12th Jan 1974 so she is actually 33! A good guess lol. I heard somewhere else that she is doing well in Asia. Aargh she is so annoying why wont she shut up singing this tosh and reunite with the Spice Girls its the best she is going to get at the moment IMHO!
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    xpletive wrote:
    Saw her on the Al Murray show - Christ she looked old. But I guess she must actually be 35 ish?
    33 :)
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    And to think we are being denied a Spice Girls reunion for this tosh... *sighs* :(
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    if that's the crap they are favouring thank god there isn't a spice girls reunion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Bow Wow Wow version and haven't seen or heard Mel C's version yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    This is the link to watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZN1ZIHaSEQ&eurl=

By the awy this is a song that they asked her to sing...it's the soundtrack of a comedy movie...it's meant to be funny and camp! Later melanies's releases will be different for sure!

Personally I absolutely adore this video! she looks so good, styled up (finally!) and the video editing, the choreography, the dancers... absolutely fabulous! probably one of her best videos ever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    candycane wrote:
    Why does she want me???
    Because you're irresistable... :D Gis'a kiss!
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually worse than Geri Halliwell's dire "Ride It". And Mel C thinks her solo career is too good for the Spice Girls? I saw this video last night and couldn't stop laughing. Terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,123
    Forum Member
    I really like this song, it is really catchy. Also I really like the video, it's nice to see her do some dancing and it's brightly coloured- it looks wicked.
    Melanie does have a good career, she is very big in Europe and has a lot of fans in the UK as well.
  • Options
    Jamie181Jamie181 Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I like it. But that's more to do with it being a good song than Mel C making a particularly good job of it.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's chosen the easy option of a cover song, but even then it still isn't that great. I don't think her solo 'career' is as big as she believes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Yes she has had success in Europe last year with her 3rd solo album Beautiful Intentions... Especially with the #1 hit First Day Of My Life which sold an excess of 400K copies only in Germany...

here are more videos...

FIRST DAY OF MY LIFE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-PK7xRAoY
    HOME Live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK8KuiMZZEk
    HERE IT COMES AGAIN - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhpbcDzGOk
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she's big in Germany? Perhaps she should do a concert with David Hasselhoff.