The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It was fun for a while but then I just got annoyed. Some people on there are just so extra. :sleep:

I know, I've noticed it's mostly females who criticise Alex on twitter and they usually have a dig at Alex's looks...and the ironic thing is they're all ugly, there's no nicer way of putting it to be fair and I can see that it's slightly hypocritical but they are actually ugly, most of the girls look like drag queens.:eek: :rolleyes:
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    :yawn:

Typical fanbot can dish it out but can't take it. If JLS fans want to act like classless idiots doesn't mean you have to get in gutter with them.

Ur the one acting like a classless idiot ... If you only here to insult us, then go find yourself a life please
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    :yawn:

Typical fanbot can dish it out but can't take it. If JLS fans want to act like classless idiots doesn't mean you have to get in gutter with them.

:sleep:

You know what...whoever you are....I really can't be bothered to entertain your ignorance. And quoting random text to give the illusion that I said it is not smart either.

I'm nowhere near the gutter so maybe you should get yourself out from under it before attacking me....thanks so much! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I know, I've noticed it's mostly females who criticise Alex on twitter and they usually have a dig at Alex's looks...and the ironic thing is they're all ugly, there's no nicer way of putting it to be fair and I can see that it's slightly hypocritical but they are actually ugly, most of the girls look like drag queens.:eek: :rolleyes:

You just reminded me of Shoed and that 'cancer survivor' loooooooool.....'I'm the hairdresser who f*ked up your fringe' omg....:eek::D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    You just reminded me of Shoed and that 'cancer survivor' loooooooool.....'I'm the hairdresser who f*ked up your fringe' omg....:eek::D:D:D:D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :eek::D:D:D
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was hilarious :D:D
    Forum Member
    I think Alex is back from her holiday next week :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much bitterness about her on the music forum. Even people who I thought liked her have been berating her and slamming her to big up other artists. Quite shocking really. She needs to be internationally successful more than ever now tbh.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't particularly mind people not liking Alex, but what I do get annoyed at is people trying to claim she isn't a great singer because she used auto-tune on one song, and even after they are provided plenty of videos to show she is an amazing live singer they still won't accept she can sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I don't particularly mind people not liking Alex, but what I do get annoyed at is people trying to claim she isn't a great singer because she used auto-tune on one song, and even after they are provided plenty of videos to show she is an amazing live singer they still won't accept she can sing.

It really annoys me that she is branded and named in the same bracket as Rihanna, Cheryl, Katy etc just for using auto-tune on ONE song, where it suited the sound any imo...the argument that she is using auto-tune because she can't sing is completely nonsensical tbh.
    Forum Member
    1.683.568 views ^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Awww Alex is in love!!! I'm super excited to hear single two!! Hoping for urban undertones n lots of swag n her showing off her vocals.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see the album cover, name and tracklisting. :eek::cool:
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    21,618 sales of Elephant this week.

Total so far- 64,005
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    21,618 sales of Elephant this week.

Total so far- 64,005

It'll easily get 100k now. Before joining i was browsing and some said it would be lucky to get those sales. They are really easy sales. One thing has just sold over 100k now.
    Forum Member
    It's nor falling as hard as i expected it to, i quess the R1 support is helping her
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    It's nor falling as hard as i expected it to, i quess the R1 support is helping her

Same I expected it to drop loads and it hasn't dropped as much as I expected
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »

i thought it'd fall to to 30 in week 3, but that ain't happening :D
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »

I didn't. I have faith in Ms Burke :D
    Forum Member
    El último wrote: »
    I didn't. I have faith in Ms Burke :D

Welcome to the forum! :D

It would be great if Elephant stayed in the top 20 for a couple of weeks :)
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum! :D

It would be great if Elephant stayed in the top 20 for a couple of weeks :)

Thanks! It will be. I still think it can smash globally, if they properly promote it. I think she'll be off to Europe in May for the album launch in early July, and the US in June for a late August launch. I hope so anyway. People are so quick to put her down, but it hasn't bombed, and it shows there's still a market for her (it hasn't really disappeared). Part of Me hit#1 in the US and in 3 weeks it was at #11 on US itunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On twitter

"Joka's!UpShut! Ha!"@MrDavidBurke:You tell her Drake.oops I mean Jay!.. RT@jrevell1: @alexandramusic here's the motivation PROMO isn't over!""
    Forum Member
    On twitter

"Joka's!UpShut! Ha!"@MrDavidBurke:You tell her Drake.oops I mean Jay!.. RT@jrevell1: @alexandramusic here's the motivation PROMO isn't over!""

LOL....maybe Drake is on her next/3rd single! I know the choreographer looks like Drake but still....we never know. He would be perfect for her US launch.
    Forum Member
    El último wrote: »
    LOL....maybe Drake is on her next/3rd single! I know the choreographer looks like Drake but still....we never know. He would be perfect for her US launch.

I think they should really get Elephant sent to European radios now, it's the best way for it to take off. Once European radio are on board, the song will start to sell and then Alex should definitely start to promote it across Europe for a month. I definitely think Elephant fairs a better chance in the European market, it has that Ibiza sort of feel sound that they crave for...:p:)

And Yes realistically a David Guetta, Drake or Chris Brown feature would help her take off in America. It would be better if she started off featuring on their album, build up the hype...before releasing her debut single over there. :p
    Forum Member
    I think they should really get Elephant sent to European radios now, it's the best way for it to take off. Once European radio are on board, the song will start to sell and then Alex should definitely start to promote it across Europe for a month. I definitely think Elephant fairs a better chance in the European market, it has that Ibiza sort of feel sound that they crave for...:p:)

And Yes realistically a David Guetta, Drake or Chris Brown feature would help her take off in America. It would be better if she started off featuring on their album, build up the hype...before releasing her debut single over there. :p

It's the dance music, which Europe loves atm. It doesn't sound like the Inna's, Elena's and Alexandra's from eastern europe Dance Music which seems to be in our chart alot. It's something different from what is in the chart right now in Holland at least.

Also i think Elephant sounds very European, just like On The Floor did, but this didn;t stop JLO from getting a top 3 hit over there.

Also that David GUetta collab :eek: if that happens my world wqill be complete! The ammount of screaming, jumping and running around my house i'd do.. you wouldn;t know
This discussion has been closed.