Options

Illness..

Hey,

i had a dog a while ago, i had to give him up. The new owners have notified me that he had to be put down yesterday, due to an illness, she dident tell me what it was called because apparently she didnt know.. he was only a young dog, but apparently he had a drastic loss of weight, and was having trouble keeping any food down but thats all she could tell me.. Anyone had experience of this with young dogs and know what it could be? He was just 2.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add he was a cavalier king charles spaniel
  • Options
    newto thisnewto this Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Aww poor dog, so young too. :cry:

It could be any number of things that was wrong.

You could ask the owner for the tel no. of the vets that treated him?

Have a browse of the cavalier health forum below to see if there's anything similar.

http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/index.php
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newto this wrote: »
    Aww poor dog, so young too. :cry:

It could be any number of things that was wrong.

You could ask the owner for the tel no. of the vets that treated him?

Have a browse of the cavalier health forum below to see if there's anything similar.

http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/forums/index.php

Due to client confidentiality rules the owner would also have to give the vet permission to tell you.
    Could have been all sorts of things from what you describe, cancer, GIT problems, liver and kidney problems creating toxicity, diabeties, megaoesophagus etc etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't edit before as the curse of the phantom post struck or I would have deleted the megaoesophagus suggestion when I reviewed what you had posted as it would be highly unlikely in a cav as its more a large breed thing and it would usually be apparent very much earlier than 2 but none the less there are various possibilites from the limited information you have available so it's difficult to narrow it down much :(.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Turns out it was kidney problems.. Poor little mutt, He was full of life, well a little to much life at times!.. but apparently the problem would have always been there, it just decided to rear its head now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little dog. Thank you for letting us know and at least you can hopefully console yourself a little knowing there was nothing anyone could have done :(