Options

I challenge anyone to read this and NOT cry!!! Sad Story....

Comments

• Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read it, didn't cry. Although I couldn't care less about dogs, cats or any form of animal slavery also known as "keeping a pet".

So where is my prize or is this like an ITV/BBC telephone scam where the winner has already been picked? :p
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Read it, didn't cry. Although I couldn't care less about dogs, cats or any form of animal slavery also known as "keeping a pet".

So where is my prize or is this like an ITV/BBC telephone scam where the winner has already been picked? :p

Animal slavery??? :eek:
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Animal slavery??? :eek:
    It's a myth. No matter how many animals you can enslave there's no way the lazy ****ers will build you a pyramid, believe me.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real sad animal stories, sure. But made-up rubbish is just made-up rubbish.

Sad stories about animals tends to resonate with (real) feelings I have. I haven't read this one beause I know that it doesn't take much to bother me.

I even have to turn over Watership Down if it's on the telly.

Just the way I am.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    I don't believe in the after life either, but it got to me when my dog went missing I can tell you.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    Sad stories about animals tends to resonate with (real) feelings I have. I haven't read this one beause I know that it doesn't take much to bother me.

Just the way I am.

:D

I'm like that with Steel Magnolias, every bloody time.

For a Zombie Queen, you're an old softie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    It's a myth. No matter how many animals you can enslave there's no way the lazy ****ers will build you a pyramid, believe me.

Coffee/keyboard moment - thanks.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

I'm like that with Steel Magnolias, every bloody time.

For a Zombie Queen, you're an old softie.

Luckily the zombies don't know that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could understand people crying at this, especially if they have a dog themselves.

I didn't read it - it all seems a bit unecessary and OTT. The aborted foetus version is even more ludicrous.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

You don't get a prize. I read it and didn't cry first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what a load of sexist tripe as well, I notice it was the new girlfriend who caused the dog's downfall. It's always the woman's fault!! :mad:

Thanks for the summary. I kinda glazed over :yawn: I'm surprised you had time to read all that guff. Sent your ironing out? :p:D
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amateur writing contest....FAIL.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have its stuff?
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I have its stuff?

Do you want it's stuff, or want it stuffed?:D:D:o
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just the way I am.

I'm the same way..when I was a child I even used to watch Lassie from behind the sofa incase he got hurt :o

I won't read or watch any sad things about animals because they upset me too much
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I challenge anyone not to cry at this. It is the very emotional story of a boy and his goldfish.

When I was the smallest of the fry you loved me. You gazed with wonder as I swam around the bowl. We were separated by glass but together as one. My golden colour reflect of you green eyes filling the air with a rainbow of friendship.Three years later you flushed me down the toilet.

Anyone who is not crying right now! has no heart:mad:
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    The only bit missing in the dead dog's story is when he was carrying his master through times of trouble and they looked back and guess what? - only one set of footprints in the sand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    That did actually make me sad :o
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like this at all and found it sickly.

Last Friday I took my dog Monty to be put to sleep.which was heartbreaking but the time was right for him, you just know when it is.

On Sunday we went to the local dogs home and chose another dog, if you have been to one and seen all the hope in their eyes that would make you cry as it did me.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you are so hard-hearted. :D
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, yes (although as I said I havent read it, just glanced and got the gist).

Sad animal stories/imagery do it to me every time. As I had my dog put to sleep recently I'm even more susceptible at the moment.

Well we may be in a minority, jas, but it brought tears to my eyes as well. Even though I am fully aware that most people find this sort of post, nauseatingly self indulgent.

What the OP says is totally true through the eyes of a pet. In dark times, they may have been your one true loyal friend, but you eventually cast them aside like an old used rag, when everything else has gone your way, and you no longer need them.

I would never forget that loyalty, and could never in a million years abandon a pet to that kind of fate. Whatever the circumstances, provision would be made. I wouldn't be moving to a place where my pet was unwelcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well we may be in a minority, jas, but it brought tears to my eyes as well. Even though I am fully aware that most people find this sort of post, nauseatingly self indulgent.

What the OP says is totally true through the eyes of a pet. In dark times, they may have been your one true loyal friend, but you eventually cast them aside like an old used rag, when everything else has gone your way, and you no longer need them.

I would never forget that loyalty, and could never in a million years abandon a pet to that kind of fate. Whatever the circumstances, provision would be made. I wouldn't be moving to a place where my pet was unwelcome.

I completely agree blueblade, and if I am to be in a minority (which I quite prefer on the whole, actually) I'm glad to have such good company.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »

Don't get me wrong it was very sad, but it just didn't make me cry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    Well I have to say that I agree with the posters who found it sad. I think we have to forget that it is written in the eyes of the dog for a minute here and look at it from the prospective that this does happen in real life. There are thousands and thousands of dogs who are taken to shelters etc because there they are no longer wanted. Who can honestly say that they don't feel like the OP has written? Obviously not like a human would feel, as is written, but they are going to feel bewildered and confused and lonely when they are taken away from their home. Anyone one of us who has had a dog know that they love us unconditionally and it is up to us humans to care for them. Unfortunately for me I am really, really soppy and did read it through the dogs eye, hence the upset. I found it really sad. :cry:
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree blueblade, and if I am to be in a minority (which I quite prefer on the whole, actually) I'm glad to have such good company.

Thanks Jas. My attitude is "they were there for me, I'll be there for them" :)
    Don't get me wrong it was very sad, but it just didn't make me cry.

That's fair enough. I'm not normally emotional. But animals suffering is my weak spot.
    Zigesa wrote: »
    Well I have to say that I agree with the posters who found it sad. I think we have to forget that it is written in the eyes of the dog for a minute here and look at it from the prospective that this does happen in real life. There are thousands and thousands of dogs who are taken to shelters etc because there they are no longer wanted. Who can honestly say that they don't feel like the OP has written? Obviously not like a human would feel, as is written, but they are going to feel bewildered and confused and lonely when they are taken away from their home. Anyone one of us who has had a dog know that they love us unconditionally and it is up to us humans to care for them. Unfortunately for me I am really, really soppy and did read it through the dogs eye, hence the upset. I found it really sad. :cry:

Excellent post.