cat neutered about 6 months ago, now very fat

Phylan78Phylan78 Posts: 519
Forum Member
✭✭
Is this common? . It appears that rather than get pregnant she's now just as big but the weight is fat.
Regards
A

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I would ask your vet for advice.

Ovarian hysterectomies can make them fat. You need to exercise her more with fun games and feed her smaller meals.

Every day we have a game of cat ball and she cheats. It is more fun in the summer as we can run up and down the garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat went the same after she was neutered she doesnt eat a great deal of food anyway but she is massive compared to what she use to be.
  • 83ray183ray1 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally speaking, If I got neutered, I'd probrly think "crap...whats left to live for" and I'd just eat and watch daytime TV and be depressed and end up obese
  • 83ray183ray1 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, point of my last post. You should have just encouraged her to use condoms

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1173947
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    I've had many cats over the years, male and female, and always had them neutered, and none of them became overweight. Cats become overweight because they don't move enough and consume too many calories - and mostly they only eat what their owner provides, so you can do something about that. If you think your cat is seriously overweight you should consult your vet and he will advise.