Does the pro dancer affect which celeb you support?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can affect who I like but that is usually down to the performance of the partnership that can be influenced by the ability of the pro.

Natalie is my favourite pro but I don't rate Audley's dancing so I wouldn't vote for him just to keep Natalie.

I don't rate Aliona's choreography but I wouldn't not vote for Harry if there were others who didn't perform as well. However, if as a result of her choreography I felt everyone else danced better I wouldn't vote for him.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absoloo. Can't stand peddlers of bullshit like Russell Grant, but he's partnered with Flavia (sigh). Therefore I hope he'll stay in for a couple of weeks more.
  • walnut699walnut699 Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to just generally support the celebrity I like best.

I dont really have a favourite pro anyway.

And I have often had a celebrity I like with a pro I dislike and vice-versa.

Although in saying that, I have generally disliked Erin's partners.....maybe because I dislike her so much but I did like Rory. Same with Natalie, who I cant stand, tho I do generally just dislike Scott Maslen and Audley, and Ricky Whittle was overrated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dancing has to be good or show promise but I have to like the partnershipand for me there has to be real chemistry so that I believe the story. Not something you can contrive.it is either there or it isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobbla wrote: »
    Yes and no.

I support and vote for whoever moves me the most. I would never support/not support a celeb just because i liked or disliked their pro.

Saying that i tend to find that the dances which move me are not based on dance ability alone (although it plays a huge part). Its a combination of dance ability, how good the routine is, song choice, personality, celeb/pro partnership and probably loads of other unquantifiable things.

So i might find that Jason for example has great dance ability, fabulous choreography with good song choices, a great partnership with Kristina but a personality that i just can't relate to so even though i adore Kristina and i'm thrilled thats shes finally got a worthy partner i can't imagine ever voting for them.

With Harry, he has all of the above apart from great routines that move me so technically i suppose his pro partner does have a massive influence over my not supporting/voting for him.

At the moment my vote is going to Chelsee and Pasha, who so far have managed to tick all the boxes.

I agree with this. Chemistry, personalities and good dancing plays important part in the way I vote. I adore Kristina and so happy she can show how good she really is.
  • ormsterormster Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Yes it does...I would never have voted for Audley but have done because of Natalie
  • MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Aliona,:mad: as much as I like both Matt and Harry I won't vote for them because of her. Makes me angry she gets great male dancer celebs. I pray she gets the the poor one next year.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobbla wrote: »
    Yes and no.

I support and vote for whoever moves me the most. I would never support/not support a celeb just because i liked or disliked their pro.

Saying that i tend to find that the dances which move me are not based on dance ability alone (although it plays a huge part). Its a combination of dance ability, how good the routine is, song choice, personality, celeb/pro partnership and probably loads of other unquantifiable things.

So i might find that Jason for example has great dance ability, fabulous choreography with good song choices, a great partnership with Kristina but a personality that i just can't relate to so even though i adore Kristina and i'm thrilled thats shes finally got a worthy partner i can't imagine ever voting for them.

With Harry, he has all of the above apart from great routines that move me so technically i suppose his pro partner does have a massive influence over my not supporting/voting for him.

At the moment my vote is going to Chelsee and Pasha, who so far have managed to tick all the boxes.

Well said:).I really like Kristina and Im pleased that so far she has been able to come with great choreographies .I think Jason is a great dancer but I dont like him.So I cant find myself voting for them.
    I like Harry,;He seems to be a nice guy but I dont like Aliona's choreography so I cant vote for them.
    Well Chelsee and Pasha have the best chemistry, great and memorable routines. I look forward to their dances each week and they are my favourites so :).