Options

food you miss

2»

Comments

• Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Decent sausages- they're not good at all here!
  • Options
    statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. I don't see why cottage pie or chips or sunday dinners can't be cooked in the US anyway.

Ok, I should have said my Mum's home cooking as I guess that's what I really mean. I can access all of that food here in NYC but it's not quite the same.

I can also also get it when I am working in London but it's never the same as Mum's! She is a brilliant cook and I am not very accomplished :)
  • Options
    statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant you have a sunday dinner? Its only roast meat, veg and potatoes.

as a vegetarian I also sometimes miss the taste of that. I have meat substitutes which I find to be way better in the UK!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rolls the local baker and butcher had where I grew up - if you are in Central Scotland think Mortons Rolls and you know what I mean.

A decent Scotch Pie - mutton pie every baker and butcher has their own secret recipe. There was a baker in a neighbouring village a couple of years back and his were pretty good - he's shut up shop now :(

Plain bread - Sometimes spotted in supermarkets where I am but not often.

Every time I visit my wee Mammy I bring a loaf and a dozen rolls and pies home for the Slavettes.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really miss Cross and Blackwell Pasta Choice. It was the only pasta I ate. Sadly no more.