Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is such sad news .
    However she died it is heartbreaking for her family .
    Brings on intense personal sadness for me re a past event .
    Rest in peace Peaches .
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    low life wrote: »
    Paula was around the same age as me, I kind of grew up with her as a figure I read about in the media, I kinda dressed the same so I related to her. I rarely agreed with her opinions, even vehemently disagreed, sometimes the same with Peaches, but I always admired their vivacity and ability to grasp life with both hands. It's one of the reasons this is so sad because both women were so passionate about everything in their lives.

I feel the same. I also seem to remember that back in the day Paula was tee total and in fact was featured in an advert for alcohol free lager. She loved being a mum and wrote books about her idyllic life with her kids. All so horribly sad how things ended up.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of awful horrible coincidences within this family

Paula died on Pixie's birthday, Peaches second son was born on Paula's birthday.
    Bob lost his mother young, as did all his daughters and now his grandsons
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    A lot of awful horrible coincidences within this family

Paula died on Pixie's birthday, Peaches second son was born on Paula's birthday.
    Bob lost his mother young, as did all his daughters and now his grandsons

Then there is her Dads most famous song. I know it has nothing to do with her death. However I will hear it in a different light when I hear him singing those words now,
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Peaches seemed fascinated by religion. She switched her faith several
    times, she was a Scientologist at one point,
    then she dabbled in the equal controversial Thelema / Ordo Templi Orientis :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldof-shows-cult-tattoo-1794488

She was also reported to have converted to Judaism as well. Maybe she was trying
    to find happiness through different belief systems?
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Then there is her Dads most famous song. I know it has nothing to do with her death. However I will hear it in a different light when I hear him singing those words now,

That sprung to my mind too. One of my favourite songs...
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Sad and flabbergasted about Peaches's passing. My thoughts go to Bob and the rest of her family.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very shocking and sad, a young mother, wife, daughter and sister being taken so early in life. I really feel for her family.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I wrong for thinking that it's a bit OTT of the news broadcasters to be doing "looking back at her life" tribute pieces? I know there'll be public interest, but It's not as if she was a major star. Or was she? Maybe I'm out of the loop on these things.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldof-shows-cult-tattoo-1794488

She was also reported to have converted to Judaism as well. Maybe she was trying

Is her husband not Jewish? I'm purely surmising based on his surname (Cohen) but she might have converted to ensure their songs could also be classed as Jewish by birth (as it's inherited via the maternal line.)

She did seem very fascinated by religion. She made a great documentary a few years back whereupon she looked at what life was like as an Islamic teenager.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Bob lost his mother suddenly at the age of 7 - the same fate has now befallen his children and his grandchildren. All left motherless at a young age.

This has really shocked me - their family story is like some Shakespearean tragedy which plays before us - through the media.

May he somehow find the strength to cope with this.

Exactly what I thought, Bob has been through alot; also so very sad for her gorgeous little boys. RIP Peaches.
  • Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member

I was thinking the same thing
  • welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So very very sad to hear this terrible news. Xx
    Forum Member

"I don't like Mondays" is about sudden death, so it is sort of appropriate, alas... :(
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    So... What do you think?

That apathy is the way forward.
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was a Scientologist for at least two years and never said she'd left. Scientologists don't believe in proper treatment for depression and forbid followers to seek any help from the psychiatric profession.

25 is far too young but critics of the cult are sadly used to hearing about tragic and unexplained deaths.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we know that but it is sad when someone who is this young and who we know of through the media dies. It does have an impact especially as the family have suffered a lot already. I do feel sorry for them. I think a lot of people are shocked
    Forum Member
    Is her husband not Jewish? I'm purely surmising based on his surname (Cohen) but she might have converted to ensure their songs could also be classed as Jewish by birth (as it's inherited via the maternal line.)

She did seem very fascinated by religion. She made a great documentary a few years back whereupon she looked at what life was like as an Islamic teenager.
    The Dove wrote: »
    She was a Scientologist for at least two years and never said she'd left. Scientologists don't believe in proper treatment for depression and forbid followers to seek any help from the psychiatric profession.

25 is far too young but critics of the cult are sadly used to hearing about tragic and unexplained deaths.

Bob is an atheist, ( I don't know what Paula's religious beliefs were) so Peaches would
    have encountered lotsa of belief systems through her life.

She did write a lot as well-mainly journalism. Perhaps she might have written
    a full book if she hadn't died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob's head must be well and truly cooked after this one :(
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really, really shocked by this. Couldn't believe it when I saw it pop up. I could not have predicted this at all.

Her kids are so young as well :(

Her last tweet is eerie. I'm sure there's already speculation in this thread and elsewhere about how she died, but I myself can imagine realistically it is one of only three things... and all three are really depressing. I hope it was some strange, unexpected, but natural cause instead for the benefit of the people left behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really, really shocked by this. Couldn't believe it when I saw it pop up. I could not have predicted this at all.

Her kids are so young as well :(

Her last tweet is eerie. I'm sure there's already speculation in this thread and elsewhere about how she died, but I myself can imagine realistically it is one of only three things... and all three are really depressing. I hope it was some strange, unexpected, but natural cause instead for the benefit of the people left behind.

Didn't her youngest (due to be one this month) share his birthday with Paula? Anyway terrible news, Poor family. :(
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Didn't her youngest (due to be one this month) share his birthday with Paula? Anyway terrible news, Poor family. :(

Yes he does...the 24th I believe. Both her babies birthdays are this month.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, this has left me a heavy heart tonight.
    So sad for her family and friends
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I see the media are camped outside her house why on earth do we need to see pictures of the ambulance taking her body away?
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a 'sad' fact that Peaches passing has been sunk from discussion to 'showbiz' , sad, sad, sad, for a young girl/mother to be dismissed as not worthy of discussion.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Shocking news. Wasn't she a troubled girl?

Yes she was, she was the most let's say vibrant of the sisters
    In 2009 she adniited being hooked on heroin for a short while

She had a very dysfunctional childhood but appeared to have settled