Options

Why Not Vote Chris Out To Save Ashleigh?

Comments

• Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    She listens to everybody.
    Far more than anybody else in that house. It's one of the reasons she argues is because she listens.
    The default mode is to go on the defensive, then later takes on board what people say quite often.

I agree to an extent she does listen but then she does the same thing again the next day. She listens but she doesn't seem to take things on board.

He's not a people pleaser, not by a long chalk.
    He pleases himself and is being allowed to get away with it by BB.

Has he ever missed a party?

I'm not following? What does Big a Brother let him get away with and what's the relevance of the party thing?

When I say people pleaser, I don't mean he put others ahead of himself all the time, I mean that he says what he thinks people want to hear. He wants to be liked.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    He hangs around with that group almost more than anybody else.

He's a heavy smoker, by default he is always in the same place.
    Often is the one who goes out with those from that group for a smoke.

Although we don't get much info about the house, why do you think when they show Christopher/Mark, Ashleigh/Danielle they are in empty rooms?
    Everybody else is out with the big group in the smoking bit.

So, guilt by smoking association. ;-)
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    What a silly comment. Chris is deadwood. I want people who are engaged with the rest of the house, I don't want to keep the guy who sits and watches.

I don't think he is deadwood.
    That's not my beef with him.

It's the way he is picking up support by being the most invisible.
    How does that fit into BB?

Viewers want HM that show their "true colours" yet time and again vote for those who don't even bother or can't do that or are never asked to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, if Chris is "deadwood" simply because he's not a camera hugger and a tryhard to please HM...I can only guess those who think Chris is boring must love attention seekers like Mark, or "nice but dumb" types like Winston.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Just last week Chris was telling Helen how interesting he found her and that he really wanted to get to know her better. Seeing how his nomination for eviction caused her to be upset, when none of the others did, it's clear Chris got his wish. Helen was not upset by any of the others being up.

One interesting and amusing thing that may come from Jale being evicted is seeing Chris possibly get closer to Helen :D You're right he DID say that he wanted to get to know her, we all saw and heard that and with the house reducing in numbers there's less places to hide Chris ;-)
    Gosh that's put me on the spot. Off the top of my head I think I recall him saying that she creates an atmosphere every time she had a drink and there was something else about how nice it was when she was in the mortuary.

I recall the mortuary comment but was that him :confused: All of them said something along those lines but Mark was mainly shown saying it. I don't remember the drink comment but will take your word for it however that is just ONE negative against ONE positive :D ;-)

I think there's a lot of investment in HMs goes on here. By keeping a low profile and being generally quiet and non committal when we do see him he has been given the nice HM title who takes on the baddies but he nominated Pauline only after realising the public hated her and it was power he was given rather than fought for and he also nominated and bad mouthed Christopher and was caught out bitching about Jale.

I think it's safe to say we will be seeing his true colours soon enough ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, guilt by smoking association. ;-)

What guilt?

Just pointing out the fallacy of viewers believing he isn't part of the large group. They have chosen to believe that, it suits the Chris narrative and the Chris support.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    I don't want a lovely guy like Cris to go, he brings balance, and Ashleigh has to stay to get under Helen's skin. Therefore that two-face moo Jale will be getting my votes.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just last week Chris was telling Helen how interesting he found her and that he really wanted to get to know her better. Seeing how his nomination for eviction caused her to be upset, when none of the others did, it's clear Chris got his wish. Helen was not upset by any of the others being up.

I think he was playing Helen and it seems to have worked - which to me makes Chris interesting Its clear from things he says that he doesn't like Helen or the way she deals with things. That whole thing during their power task was one big performance imho and as such this is one of the reasons why I think Chris has more to give.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What guilt?

Just pointing out the fallacy of viewers believing he isn't part of the large group. They have chosen to believe that, it suits the Chris narrative and the Chris support.

Hey, im the first to say that Chris is an easy going character, he can get on with anyone, even Helen...I don't think that makes him mates with her.

Im happy Chris isn't alone in the house, but he is closer to Ashleigh and Christopher than any of the others.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether thats true or not (and it's clearly not true) out of the 4 up for eviction it's Jale that likes Helen the most...so if we are going purely on who is mates with Helen then Jale should go.

Although who ever gets evicted shouldn't go simply because Helen once said nice things about them. lol
    clearly it is true. Answer the question, prove your statements! I proved mine with 2 clear examples. I can back up my statement you are the one failing to prove yours. Helen was LIVID that Chris was up. Not my fault if the truth doesn't fit what you want.
    Yeah but its not about what you want. Its a collective and seems to me collectively he's liked.
    yeah it's not about you. Yup still sounds childish when I type it. It is my view, and you are NOT A COLLECTIVE.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a silly comment. Chris is deadwood. I want people who are engaged with the rest of the house, I don't want to keep the guy who sits and watches.

the problem is that its a vote to evict not a vote to save. Even in a vote to save then Chris would be OK imho, however, even if he was "deadwood" (which I don't agree with) he wouldn;t go in a vote to evict. Its always the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, if Chris is "deadwood" simply because he's not a camera hugger and a tryhard to please HM...I can only guess those who think Chris is boring must love attention seekers like Mark, or "nice but dumb" types like Winston.

Camera hoggers and tryhard to please HM are two different things.

The first is appealing to the public.
    The second is appealing to HM to give yourself an easier time in the house.

To some extent they are exclusive to each other.

And I think Chris probably does try quite hard in the diary room to get his opinions on camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, im the first to say that Chris is an easy going character, he can get on with anyone, even Helen...I don't think that makes him mates with her.

Im happy Chris isn't alone in the house, but he is closer to Ashleigh and Christopher than any of the others.
    Ashleigh perhaps but certainly not Christopher. He's been mean to Christopher, putting him up for eviction and then he rubbed salt in that wound by talking meanly about Christopher in the DR. I can't think of one clip where the 2 of them are conversing or even near each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Camera hoggers and tryhard to please HM are two different things.

The first is appealing to the public.
    The second is appealing to HM to give yourself an easier time in the house.

To some extent they are exclusive to each other.

And I think Chris probably does try quite hard in the diary room to get his opinions on camera.

Well if Chris does try hard in the DR to give his opinions he does it in a low key dry humour kind of way, instead of flinging his arms about, screeching and pretending to be something he's not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually doubt that.

I think he spends as much or as little time with those two than anybody else. He prefers to hide in the group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ashleigh perhaps but certainly not Christopher. He's been mean to Christopher, putting him up for eviction and then he rubbed salt in that wound by talking meanly about Christopher in the DR. I can't think of one clip where the 2 of them are conversing or even near each other.

The two Chris's clearly like eachother, and his reasons for nominating Christopher was because he felt he was having a tough time in the house (I disagreed with that nomination) but he later regretted his nomination of Christopher....he likes him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He doesn't like Christopher, I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    the problem is that its a vote to evict not a vote to save. Even in a vote to save then Chris would be OK imho, however, even if he was "deadwood" (which I don't agree with) he wouldn;t go in a vote to evict. Its always the same.

I don't care who stays and who goes. I'm just stating my opinions, I'm not trying to fix the vote. Chris is deadwood. He does nothing, he sits, he smokes, he watches, he listens but he contributes nothing. He is the definition of deadwood.

If people want to watch him sit and smoke thats up to them. I think it's boring and creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually doubt that.

I think he spends as much or as little time with those two than anybody else. He prefers to hide in the group.

Where are you getting this "hiding in the group" thing?

He floats about the house doing his own thing, it's not his fault other humans are there too...what do you want him to do...sit in an empty room all day.? lol

He's in a locked house with a lot of others, sometimes he will (god forbid) actually have to spend time with the group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He doesn't like Christopher, I'm sure of it.

Oh, so that's why he hasn't nominated Christopher since his power week. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two Chris's clearly like eachother, and his reasons for nominating Christopher was because he felt he was having a tough time in the house (I disagreed with that nomination) but he later regretted his nomination of Christopher....he likes him.

Nothing you post is clear, it's just false. You don't provide any evidence to back up your statements and you CLEARLY ignore proof that is provided in rebuttal. Why is that? If it's so clear, where is your proof? He regretted it? Then why did he later on go and speak meanly about him in the DR.

The man is a waste if space. He does nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing you post is clear, it's just false. You don't provide any evidence to back up your statements and you CLEARLY ignore proof that is provided in rebuttal. Why is that? If it's so clear, where is your proof? He regretted it? Then why did he later on go and speak meanly about him in the DR.

The man is a waste if space. He does nothing.

My proof is that he later went into the DR and said that he felt bad for nominating Christopher....now that is proof.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many times have I read 'up Helen's arse / rear / bum / bottom'?!!

Christ on a bike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so that's why he hasn't nominated Christopher since his power week. ;)

Because he only gets 2 nominations. When he could put ANYONE up he put up Pauline because of the crowd, not for any other reason and then Christopher . That's a fact. With all but Tamara still there he was spoiled for choice. And he choose the person who was the 2nd most abused in the house. What a man! NOT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting around WATCHING the young girls. Ewwww he's such a creepy guy. Just sits and watches.

I like all the housemates up for eviction.

However it is because of comments like this that I shall be voting Jale out.