Options

Wireless Speakers for sky

T.K.MaxxT.K.Maxx Posts: 585
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi I have an old amstrad sky box and I used to before have my wireless speakers attached, but can't work out now how I did it now. I am presuming I need an audio in/out lead? From the wireless speakers unit, they have a cable that fits into my pc speakers socket (Green) as an example, but not sure if I need to plug that cable from the wireless speakers unit into something else?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Red and white phono leads into the back of the Sky box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    Red and white phono leads into the back of the Sky box.

Thanks. I dont think that's possible as there are no sockets at the back on the wirless sender box to put in only the black cable that would plug into a speaker socket.

TK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you need a special lead which converts the 3.5mm plug on the cable from the sender unit into a pair of phono plugs (red and white/black) which will then plug into the corresponding RCA outputs on your digibox. The existing plug on your speakers is designed to connect into the 3.5mm 'headphone' socket on the back of a PC sound card, whereas most home TV / audio components still use the much larger RCA sockets.

Something like this: http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/2-x-rca_phono_plugs-3.5mm-stereo-socket-0.2m-blister.html

(Alternatively you could always pick up a used Sky Gnome for £15-£20 on eBay, and then you could stream all the Sky radio stations around the house wirelessly...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you for your help