Vet surgery on the square

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
Forum Member
Do you think a new family could come in and set up a vet surgery on the square

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good idea. I think there should be some 'professional' charcacters on the square. They normally fulfil the middle class professional role with a doctor, but that is quite limited, because doctors have to be seen as upstanding, morally sound people and thus can't get involved in too much drama. Vets could be a good compromise. Or Ritchie Scott, Phil's lawyer. Even DS Crisp or Marsden :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Good idea. I think there should be some 'professional' charcacters on the square. They normally fulfil the middle class professional role with a doctor, but that is quite limited, because doctors have to be seen as upstanding, morally sound people and thus can't get involved in too much drama. Vets could be a good compromise. Or Ritchie Scott, Phil's lawyer. Even DS Crisp or Marsden :D

and recent doctors to go by are psychos e.g yusef and may
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we only hear the dogs at night, none of the characters actually own any animals.

Oh apart from Tiff with Joey. Will Joey return now that man Joey is there? :(
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a professional couple is definately needed and there are plenty of actors out there capable of being but not as vets- a doctor is still needed since Yusef was killed off and a teacher possibly.

The square should have a medical centre like it does in Corrie.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we should get a new doctor on the square - a woman with a husband and kids. The husband could be a solicitor or something, a professional middle class couple is something we havent seen since the 1980s with Andy and Debbie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last middle class person was Manda Best and prior to that Mad May
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    There's one nearby
    It was shown when Abi and Ben attempted to ran away back around Stella was abusing Ben
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I think we should get a new doctor on the square - a woman with a husband and kids. The husband could be a solicitor or something, a professional middle class couple is something we havent seen since the 1980s with Andy and Debbie.

What about Rob and May, they were both middle class
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    The last middle class person was Manda Best and prior to that Mad May
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    What about Rob and May, they were both middle class

Oh yes i forgot about Rob and May, I wouldnt have described Manda Best as middle class though. She was bit different to the other Walford women in that she wasnt dog rough but i dont think she was middle class. She had gone to school with Phil and Minty after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A middle class doctor (woman) and a solicitor or teacher (man) need to be cast
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    The thing about a vets surgery is who on earth would go there? Bit of a waste of a set, like the boxing ring and the salon.

They could bring back Sarah Hills, she went to university so could have a degree and would be some much needed family for Ian. The fact that the actress is now in Waterloo road shoudn't be a problem because no one lasts for long there anyway.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should introduce some professionals as Poppy's family :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No we need a brand new family with absolutely no connections to the Square.
  • cussywoocussywoo Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the potential cost of the houses in this area it never fails to shock me that people can afford to live her with such working class jobs. These are the sorts of houses which would usually be filled with middle class professional families
    Forum Member
    cussywoo wrote: »
    Considering the potential cost of the houses in this area it never fails to shock me that people can afford to live her with such working class jobs. These are the sorts of houses which would usually be filled with middle class professional families

Most of the residents actually have their own businesses and are not short of a bob or two

Mitchells - The Vic, the club, The Arches

Beales - The Chippy, the cafe, Masala Queen

Masoods - The Arjee Bharjee

Foxes/Truemans - The B&B, the Kwik-E-Mart

Brannings - The Car Lot, The Boxing Club, the Salon
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Most of the residents actually have their own businesses and are not short of a bob or two

Mitchells - The Vic, the club, The Arches

Beales - The Chippy, the cafe, Masala Queen

Masoods - The Arjee Bharjee

Foxes/Truemans - The B&B, the Kwik-E-Mart

Brannings - The Car Lot, The Boxing Club, the Salon

BIB - I think your getting mixed up with The Simpsons where Apu owns the kwik-E-Mart:D. In eastenders the Fox/Trueman family run the minute mart:)
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - I think your getting mixed up with The Simpsons where Apu owns the kwik-E-Mart:D. In eastenders the Fox/Trueman family run the minute mart:)

I know what it's called, I just think the Kwik-E-Mart suits it better. I'm waiting for the day Zainab says "Thank You, Come again" :D
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we only hear the dogs at night, none of the characters actually own any animals.

Oh apart from Tiff with Joey. Will Joey return now that man Joey is there? :(

I think Tiff said Joey ran away during her last stint :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    Isn't Abi going to be a vet? She could be the resident vet or we could see her as a trainee vet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trouble is there are no pets . Apart from little kitten Joey who is gone .
    Unless of course you count Kat the dog :D