Sky Multiroom Phone Line Enquiry

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have 2 phone lines in my house. 1 upstairs, the other one downstairs.

If I were to get Sky Multiroom, would I be able to use both of my phone lines or do I need to plug them in the same line?

Comments

• peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need for mulitroom to be connected to a phone line anymore.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need for mulitroom to be connected to a phone line anymore.

Hi

That's not entirely correct. I have multi room, I needed my box to be connected to a fone line to order from Box Office.

Baz
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

That's not entirely correct. I have multi room, I needed my box to be connected to a fone line to order from Box Office.

Baz

you shouldn't have though, as box office can be bought using the boxes internet connection - so telephone connection is NOT required for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    you shouldn't have though, as box office can be bought using the boxes internet connection - so telephone connection is NOT required for that.

Hi

I have three Sky HD boxes, all connected to the internet. No fone line connected to any of them. I tried to order the boxing at the weekend via Box Office. All three boxes stated I need a fone line connected to order from Box Office :confused:.

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I have three Sky HD boxes, all connected to the internet. No fone line connected to any of them. I tried to order the boxing at the weekend via Box Office. All three boxes stated I need a fone line connected to order from Box Office :confused:.

Thanks

Baz

are they all on the new version of the EPG?
    or are they all old Thomson boxes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are they all on the new version of the EPG?
    or are they all old Thomson boxes?

Hi

They all have the latest version of the new EPG.

Baz
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,506
    Forum Member
    Hi

When were they fitted?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When were they fitted?.

irrelevant, as all boxes on new EPG are able to purchase PPV content using internet connection, and phone line is only used if no internet connection is detected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irrelevant, as all boxes on new EPG are able to purchase PPV content using internet connection, and phone line is only used if no internet connection is detected.

Hi

If this is the case, can u explain how three Sky HD boxes all connected to the internet with the latest version of the new EPG, receive a message stating a fone line needed to be connected to order the boxing on Box Office at the weekend?? :confused:

Do u have a link where its states Sky HD boxes with the latest version of the new EPG no longer rquire a fone line to order PPV?

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When were they fitted?.

Hi

All three Sky HD boxes r manafactured by Sky, they're at least two years old.

Thanks

Baz
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

If this is the case, can u explain how three Sky HD boxes all connected to the internet with the latest version of the new EPG, receive a message stating a fone line needed to be connected to order the boxing on Box Office at the weekend?? :confused:

Do u have a link where its states Sky HD boxes with the latest version of the new EPG no longer rquire a fone line to order PPV?

Thanks

Baz

Google not working (Sky PPV Network - found result in seconds)?

http://help.sky.com/tv/find-record-tv-programmes/ordering-a-sky-box-office-movie-or-event

The easiest way to order Sky Box Office events is with your Sky remote. If your Sky box doesn’t have an active broadband connection, you’ll need to make sure your box is connected to a functioning phone line before ordering.

Please note: If you're a Sky Multiscreen customer, activated your viewing card after 17 December 2013 and none of your Sky boxes are connected to your home broadband network, you will need to order by phoning Sky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google not working (Sky PPV Network - found result in seconds)?

http://help.sky.com/tv/find-record-tv-programmes/ordering-a-sky-box-office-movie-or-event

The easiest way to order Sky Box Office events is with your Sky remote. If your Sky box doesn’t have an active broadband connection, you’ll need to make sure your box is connected to a functioning phone line before ordering.

Please note: If you're a Sky Multiscreen customer, activated your viewing card after 17 December 2013 and none of your Sky boxes are connected to your home broadband network, you will need to order by phoning Sky.

Hi

Thanks for that info and the sarcasm :-p lol. J to the K. Still I'm confused why I was unable to order PPV at the weekend when I have everything required to do so :-s.

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member

Possibly not?, as he's unable to order PPV without, and from when he had it fitted he's still required to have all boxes permanently connected to the phone, which he hasn't got.

I was trying to turn a card on the other day, with only an Internet connection - and it wouldn't work, it just said 'phone line not connected'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly not?, as he's unable to order PPV without, and from when he had it fitted he's still required to have all boxes permanently connected to the phone, which he hasn't got.

I was trying to turn a card on the other day, with only an Internet connection - and it wouldn't work, it just said 'phone line not connected'.

it is irrelevant.
    PPV payments are taken via internet where an internet connection is available.
    it only falls back to telephone line if no internet connection is available.
    this is the same whether a single box, multiroom box before dec 18th or multiroom box after dec 18th, and with or without a telephone connection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is irrelevant.
    this is the same whether a single box, multiroom box before dec 18th or multiroom box after dec 18th, and with or without a telephone connection.

Hi

I'm at a loss why I couldn't order the boxing at the weekend, as mentioned all three Sky HD boxes were connected to the internet but still I received an on screen message stating an active fone line wasnt connected and wasn't possible to order the boxing :-s

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    it is irrelevant.

You claim it's irrelevant, yet it doesn't work via the internet even though it's available - likewise, authorising a box via the internet (rather than phone) rarely seems to work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You claim it's irrelevant, yet it doesn't work via the internet even though it's available - likewise, authorising a box via the internet (rather than phone) rarely seems to work.

yet it does exactly that for me, and my multiroom is pre-dec 18 and currently don't have any telephone connections on either boxes.
    so yes, i will continue to claim that thanks :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

This is how I tried ordering the boxing at the weekend. Pressed Box Office on the Sky remote control, searched for the Event, selected the event, this is where I was faced with the on screen message as stated in my earlier posts.

Would this have made any difference?

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    yet it does exactly that for me, and my multiroom is pre-dec 18 and currently don't have any telephone connections on either boxes.
    so yes, i will continue to claim that thanks :D

Just because it works for one person doesn't mean it works for everyone - as is obvious from this thread, and the various previous ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because it works for one person doesn't mean it works for everyone - as is obvious from this thread, and the various previous ones.

but it does work though, so the reason that the poster can't get it work is not because it is not supported but rather there is an issue somewhere along the chain.

you were implying that it wasn't possible at all.
    unless, of course, you are suggesting that i've got some mystical sky box that does things that no-one else can.
    Forum Member
    you were implying that it wasn't possible at all.

Not at all, I was implying that it doesn't work for many people, I'm perfectly aware it's 'supposed' to work - and reasons for it not doing could be down to settings on your Sky account, expecting a phone connection rather than Internet.

Certainly, so far, I've only managed to turn on ONE Sky box/card via the Internet, where phone connections do it flawlessly. For that matter I've yet to get the new useless automated voice recognition system to work even once :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I got home from work and tried to order Wolf of Wall Street just as a test. I'm still faced with the same on screen message. I wonder if its worth foning Sky to see what they say on the matter?

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I got home from work and tried to order Wolf of Wall Street just as a test. I'm still faced with the same on screen message. I wonder if its worth foning Sky to see what they say on the matter?

Thanks

Baz

when was the last time you ordered any PPV successfully?
    i wonder if it's actually that your account has no credit limit set or is over credit limit.
    easiest way to check is to simply connect a phone line and see if you get a different error or it is succeeds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when was the last time you ordered any PPV successfully?
    i wonder if it's actually that your account has no credit limit set or is over credit limit.
    easiest way to check is to simply connect a phone line and see if you get a different error or it is succeeds.

Hi

Its been years and years since I ordered any PPV lol. I'm just on the fone to Sky now, they're looking into it as they have me on hold.

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

This is what I've been told from Sky. If u have a new Sky HD box with built in WiFi, u no longer need a telephone cable to order PPV. If u have an old Sky HD box that connects via ethernet cable, u still need an active telephone line connected to order PPV.

Baz