Options

Tesco £4.76 off your next shop voucher - this is blackmail and they know it.

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
If I have overpaid then give me the money now not blackmail me to coming back to your store with my own money.

If they can give me that much back then how much have I been overpaying for stuff over the years. What a disgrace these supermarkets are. What i should do is over the course on 1 years add up how much I have overpaid and then advertise that back to them and see how they like those apples.

Pay over £100 too much a year by shopping at Tesco. every little helps my arse and that's before we even get to Club points which is an other form of blackmail by overcharging and then giving you your money back.

Comments

• Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that should buy a nice bottle of sun cream
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    that should buy a nice bottle of sun cream

Better still a reduced price wine to calm my rage at their devious marketing techniques.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me, just don't over charge me in the first place. I won't go to Sainsbury's anymore because of that. It kept being £5 every time and I never went back within the time or remembered to take the ticket, so I realised that I should have just gone to ASDA and saved the fiver as it's normally cheaper there.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    rufusrain wrote: »
    If I have overpaid then give me the money now not blackmail me to coming back to your store with my own money.

If they can give me that much back then how much have I been overpaying for stuff over the years. What a disgrace these supermarkets are. What i should do is over the course on 1 years add up how much I have overpaid and then advertise that back to them and see how they like those apples.

Pay over £100 too much a year by shopping at Tesco. every little helps my arse and that's before we even get to Club points which is an other form of blackmail by overcharging and then giving you your money back.

So they made a mistake ... you spotted it ... and you accepted a voucher? :o

Why didn't you ask for it in cash? :confused:
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    So let me get this right, they set out their goods. Priced. You go in and buy from them, and they bung you the promise of a reduction on your next visit by way of vouchers because they think that will entice customers to return, and that's blackmail?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't all the major supermarkets do the same thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they made a mistake ... you spotted it ... and you accepted a voucher? :o

Why didn't you ask for it in cash? :confused:

No it's not a mistake it's part of their marketing to get you to come back. Happens to everyone if say its cheaper else where.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    It annoys me, just don't over charge me in the first place. I won't go to Sainsbury's anymore because of that. It kept being £5 every time and I never went back within the time or remembered to take the ticket, so I realised that I should have just gone to ASDA and saved the fiver as it's normally cheaper there.

These kinds of things annoy me well as the expiration date is always the following week or something similar, so it tends to expire before I need it.

Either that or they offer you an £10 or so of an amount of money you never normally spend, so I need to spend more to get the saving. Bit of a false economy.

They should credit the saving to a loyalty account if it really is meant to be a genuine saving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    So let me get this right, they set out their goods. Priced. You go in and buy from them, and they bung you the promise of a reduction on your next visit by way of vouchers because they think that will entice customers to return, and that's blackmail?

Yes because they are saying I over charged but unless I come back then I get zero!

What a scam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it's not a mistake it's part of their marketing to get you to come back. Happens to everyone if say its cheaper else where.

So it wasn't a mistake? :confused:

If you choose to shop at Tesco again you get money off ... and you're complaining? :o

Simple solutions ...

1. Don't use the voucher.
    2. Choose to shop elsewhere.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Just shop somewhere else...
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's their price match offer, between them and their competitors - Asda, Sainsbury and Morrisons. I'd much rather go to one supermarket and be price matched than traipse between the four of them comparing prices, and having to go back to Tesco or to Asda to get a loaf of bread 1p cheaper. I'll be spending that price-matched cash in one of them, so why not at just one of them?

I don't drive, but anyone who does is spending far more than £4.76 in petrol, surely, having to traipse between them all, and then back if the first one (or second) is cheaper?

If the items you bought aren't essentials, then I understand the frustration - you'd rather have the cash back and buy the items at your leisure, but from my own perspective it's very useful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes because they are saying I over charged but unless I come back then I get zero!

What a scam.

How are they overcharging you? They set out their goods with the prices on them as an invitation to treat, and you accept by loading up your trolley and happily paying for them. If they are able to offer discounts for repeat custom then great, but that doesn't mean you have been overcharged at the original visit does it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just shop somewhere else...

That is not always convenient and they are all at it anyways.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They seem fair to me.

Plenty of money off vouchers, bonus clubcard points and also, with online deliveries, a comparison with other supermarkets and money back if the goods work out cheaper elsewhere. Which is not offset against weeks when it's cheaper at Tesco.

I have no complaints against them at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    How are they overcharging you? They set out their goods with the prices on them as an invitation to treat, and you accept by loading up your trolley and happily paying for them. If they are able to offer discounts for repeat custom then great, but that doesn't mean you have been overcharged at the original visit does it?

Of course I have been overcharged as they would not give me money back otherwise. They are only interested in making a profit so would not do this unless that had overcharged to start with.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how you have overpaid for something? Was the price of an item wrong and you noticed after?
  • Options
    Forum Member

So the shopping would have been cheaper if you'd gone elsewhere, but it's more convenient for you to shop at Tesco, and you're still complaining!

Foxtrot foxtrot sierra!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kIMtbeUqMyE/UbcXACavIvI/AAAAAAAADQQ/b9BvMbdUlXs/s1600/triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course I have been overcharged as they would not give me money back otherwise. They are only interested in making a profit so would not do this unless that had overcharged to start with.

You haven't, because you accept the price when you buy. What you are trying to assert is that the prices are, in your opinion, too high if they can afford to let them go at a reduced rate, but a discount on the next purchase is just part of their retail strategy, and they might be prepared to take a small hit on certain items and loss leaders etc, to entice you back in the hope that you'll fill up your trolley again. You haven't been overcharged, you haven't been blackmailed.
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I quite like this. Life's busy so I really don't have the time to go around supermarkets comparing prices of everything we need/want. This way I can pop into a Tesco and I either save a bit of money or it goes the other way but they make it up with the voucher. It doesn't matter all that much and I wouldn't go out of my way to find a Tesco but the system itself seems fine to me. Let's put it this way, if there was a Tesco and a Sainsbury's side by side I would go into the supermarket that offered this. I can't really think of a massive negative.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a scam.

They didn't over-charge you. They charged you the correct amount for the goods. They have accepted that you could have got your shopping elsewhere for cheaper and have offered you the chance to make that saving the next time you shop. They are under no legal obligation to offer you this voucher.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No complaints here.

They don't have to give me anything off my next shop. I chose to shop there and chose to pay their prices. If they want to give me a few quid off my next shop then that's a bonus
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If as you say they're all at it, what's to complain about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    If as you say they're all at it, what's to complain about?

They are saying they have overcharged me. That is exactly what they are saying and give me a print out to proof it. Okay good, now give me the money back you overcharge me then don't blackmail me with it.

This is like me saying excuse me sir you just dropped your wallet but I have taken some money out. Come back here tomorrow and buy something off me I have to sell and I will give you the money I took back.

That's blackmail!

Black as night, black as pitch, fouler than the darkest witch.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are saying they have overcharged me. That is exactly what they are saying and give me a print out to proof it. Okay good, now give me the money back you overcharge me then don't blackmail me with it.

This is like me saying excuse me sir you just dropped your wallet but I have taken some money out. Come back here tomorrow and buy something off me I have to sell and I will give you the money I took back.

That's blackmail!

Black as night, black as pitch, fouler than the darkest witch.

Are you living in a Coven :D