Lucy should have won

Captain BirdseiCaptain Birdsei Posts: 1,409
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very sad that she didn't win. Calibro didn't deserve it in my opinion.

Comments

• Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy was better and should have won. But most voters are female, so it was obvious who was going to win.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I wanted her to win from the initial audition. The voting wasn't even close though. Why did Collabro win by such a big margin, were they really that much better than the other acts?
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Tom, Collobro were the best
    Lucy will do very well
    Richard and Adam came 3rd last year and are doing brilliantly
    They had my vote last year and Collobro had my vote tonight
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    Lucy was better and should have won. But most voters are female, so it was obvious who was going to win.

Sadly song choice...let her down.... If she would have sung a hayley Westenra number...one that allowed her to sing long, still, sweeping melodic lines....holding notes and gently bringing in the vibrato...she would have stormed this. Her semi final performance was so much better.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose traditionally it's the runners up in Cowell shows that go on to do well so I certainly think she'll have some success. She does need help with her nerves though, but I suspect they'll sort that out.

Be interesting to see the final voting numbers to see how close she was to winning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Tom Collobro were the best
    Lucy will do verY well
    Richard and Adam came 3rd last year and are doing brilliantly
    They had my vote last year and Collobro had my vote tonight

You kind of prove my point. You're female and you voted for the good looking male singers. The other three on this thread before you disagree with you and are all guys who didn't vote. Well I know I didn't vote anyway and i wouldn't dream of voting on a show like this. Females have the power on a show like this.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see her doing opera any day soon.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the male singers and it not because they are good looking:)
    I think that it always been that females prefer the male singers and males prefer the female singers
    I did not like Jack Pack
    I think that it is because that it is more females that go to musicals like Les Misrables or go to see classical cross over singers.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

I can't see her doing Opera full stop - at least for a good few years. She'll need proper training first and foremost, and then she'll need a lot more experience.

They might throw her in to something fairly low key, but I think her immediate future lies with recorded music with a tour in a year or two, depending on how it sells.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Susan Boil can make millions then I don't see why Lucy, with a good management team, some further training and great pr will not allow her to make a few million.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    If Susan Boil can make millions then I don't see why Lucy, with a good management team, some further training and great pr will not allow her to make a few million.
    SuBo has dedicated and fanatical fan bases around the world usually made up of middle aged Christian women except in Japan. Lucy will never have that.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred Callebro to Lucy and so did my 69 year year old mother.
  • Captain BirdseiCaptain Birdsei Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 66 year old mother wanted Lucy to win.
  • Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Susan Boyle had the OMG unbelievable factor Lucy has an okay voice but would not pass muster in the Opera world if she were lucky she just might make the ensemble.
  • Captain BirdseiCaptain Birdsei Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy's very attractive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly song choice...let her down.... If she would have sung a hayley Westenra number...one that allowed her to sing long, still, sweeping melodic lines....holding notes and gently bringing in the vibrato...she would have stormed this. Her semi final performance was so much better.

Bad song choice is what people were saying about Calibro, but you're saying it for Lucy? No, sadly it is what I said before. Females have the power on a show like this as they vote in massive numbers. They are hardly going to vote for a beautiful woman to win the show now, are they? The result was very predictable.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her nerves spoilt it for her as some of the notes were less than perfect. Lovely looking girl though and I hope she does well.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Subo does not attempt opera. She sings the stuff that Joe Public want to hear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    No she got what she deserved and it is good to be second placed!
    Forum Member
    Lucy is not fully trained yet - she shows great potential and has a decent voice but also the sob story did not help!
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle had the OMG unbelievable factor Lucy has an okay voice but would not pass muster in the Opera world if she were lucky she just might make the ensemble.

I totally agree Opera includes acting out the part in a really heart wrenching way and she just stands and sings. Would be better doing crossover songs and she wold be fabulous doing that!
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of sympathy i wanted Lucy to win, but the reality was that Collabro had this won from their audition.

They have the looks, girls vote, and they were a sure thing. Lucy will do well, if anything her finishing as the runner up will propel her to future success.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yanis Marshall should have won!
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subo does not attempt opera. She sings the stuff that Joe Public want to hear.

Did the posters who said Lucy should have won vote for her?
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can bet your boots she wont be doing opera at all. She is a very poor-man's Katherine Jenkins only her voice has none of the warmth or tone of Jenkins. Nessun Dorma is not intended for the female voice, it just sounds thin and reedy sung by a woman. Her vibrato was too broad. She was totally unremarkable in my opinion.