Options

Farnborough Air Show 2014

_Henderson__Henderson_ Posts: 64
Forum Member
Another two weeks of constant loud plane noise, great!

I really do hope that it one day goes away from Farnborough.

Comments

• Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love living near an air show, you get to see all sorts of interesting things.

Why don't you move if you don't like it? What was there first? You or the air show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Just been out on the balcony, watching them practise. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love living near an air show, you get to see all sorts of interesting things.

Why don't you move if you don't like it? What was there first? You or the air show?

Well I grew up here so I didn't have any choice where my parents decided to live.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member

It's once every two years and the noise is hardly constant.

Complaint rejected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I grew up here so I didn't have any choice where my parents decided to live.

No one's forcing you to stay though are they?

Simple answer is move if you don't like it.

I doubt the air show would move just to keep you happy.

Or why not watch the planes and enjoy it instead of moaning about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No one's forcing you to stay though are they?

Simple answer is move if you don't like it.

I doubt the air show would move just to keep you happy.

Or why not watch the planes and enjoy it instead of moaning about it?

Why can't they do it in a non-residential area? The traffic is also horrendous.

I have no issue with the current usage of the private airport it is just the noisy airshow and the related issues it brings to the area.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind it, it's once every two years. My bedroom was just shaking as a massive plane flew overhead though. At least I get to see them for free though :p Just stand in the back garden (if it's not raining. Pissing it down today).
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to the Farnborough Air Show, enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't they do it in a non-residential area? The traffic is also horrendous.

I have no issue with the current usage of the private airport it is just the noisy airshow and the related issues it brings to the area.

We live near the Leeds Festival site which happens every year, not every two years.

The traffic really is horrendous, there are road closures, traffic gets diverted past our house making the road very busy, local supermarkets and shops are full of mucky festival goers, if it's a wet one the roads end up caked in mud, the noise is pretty bad too but instead of complaining we take advantage of the cheap tickets for local residents, we go along and enjoy ourselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Air shows terrify me after seeing the video of the Rammstein disaster.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Air shows terrify me after seeing the video of the Rammstein disaster.

The only planes allowed to fly over the crowd (in this country anyway) are The Red Arrows on their show entrance, a Rammstein is unlikely to happen again or indeed another Farnborough 1952
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member

I live in Farnborough and it's a nightmare. I don't mind the noise but the traffic is quite annoying. Although so far it's been easy driving around, it won't last :p
  • Options
    Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two days every two years, bloody hell, that is what I call really inconsiderate and annoying. What a pain. I couldn't possibly live with such an upheaval on that level. :o

Of course, you could go away for the weekend. Just a suggestion. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Two days every two years, bloody hell, that is what I call really inconsiderate and annoying. What a pain. I couldn't possibly live with such an upheaval on that level. :o

Of course, you could go away for the weekend. Just a suggestion. :confused:

It's annoying because its not 2 days it's 2 weeks. 1 week of constant practicing, 1 week of the trade show and then the public weekend show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying because its not 2 days it's 2 weeks. 1 week of constant practicing, 1 week of the trade show and then the public weekend show.

My apologies for the grave error. How about a two week holiday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My apologies for the grave error. How about a two week holiday?

I live with my parents I cant afford a holiday:p

PS. Sorry if my post seemed sarcastic wasn't intended like that.
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel quite envious! Hope the weather is better than last time when the mud was coming in through the tops of my shoes.
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, there were just 2 jets up today, each for about 5 minutes, and yesterday I think the only jet up was the Canberra.

Hopefully it will get busier as practice week goes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DMN1968 wrote: »
    Well, there were just 2 jets up today, each for about 5 minutes, and yesterday I think the only jet up was the Canberra.

Yep I don't mind the noise in fact I quite enjoy staring out the office at the all the planes. It's the traffic thats annoying, but even that is ok at the minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DMN1968 wrote: »

Ace! I bet you get to see all sorts of interesting things. We saw the Canberra at Waddington on Saturday.
  • Options
    benjammin316benjammin316 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Live in Aldershot, heard then practicing today, not interested in it all though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should be glad they aren't living near one of the Typhoon RAF bases. Then they would know what noise is about especially on low-fly practice days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Live in Aldershot, heard then practicing today, not interested in it all though.

Why is your location Surrey if you live in Aldershot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should be glad they aren't living near one of the Typhoon RAF bases. Then they would know what noise is about especially on low-fly practice days.

I'd love that :D

We used to get Tornados flying quite low over here and many, many years ago we used to see a Vulcan fly over at roughly the same time every day.

I actually like the noise!
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this still going?

I hated this when I lived in Bagshot and had helicopters frequently carrying the rich to this show and home again. It was a right pain in the backside!

I am so glad I moved away to escape this noise.