• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are my predicitons

Kesha - drugs
    Michael Douglas - cancer
    Taylor Momsen - drugs
    George Michael - Sex game mishap
    I really hate to say this one but....Aretha Franklin - cancer.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Nicholson, Aretha Franklin, Michael Douglas. My unexpected ones will be..... Lady Gaga and James Franco. Random I know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    This is morbid but what the hell :o

Mags Thatcher.

Michael Douglas :( - i really hope he pulls through though.
    Aretha Franklin :( - She's terminal as far as i know but i hope she holds out for a long while yet.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    Clint Eastwood is much older than i realised, cant believe he is 80 but still going strong thankfully. some just seem to keep going, Micheal Caine being another, probably a lot to do with healthy lifestyles, pretty inspirational to keep going and doing the things you love at that age.

Seems the ones that don’t live to healthily are more likely to pop off as they pile on the years. I dread Jack Nicholson going but he looks very ragged these days so I wouldn’t be surprised, he has lived the crazy partying lifestyle a long time, he is lucky not to have major ill effects by now. He still not exactly at popping off age but 73 is pretty old if you live a lifestyle like that.

There seems to be no knowing about Michael Douglas, if he pulls through he could have years left. His dad is certainly incredible in his longevity.

Jake Lamotta is another one I’m amazing by, years of self abuse and a body that’s been battered by professional boxing and he is still going strong at 89.

I guess it’s a bit morbid to bet on it but I don’t think theres anything wrong with guessing who might go, especially if they prove you wrong!

I'm beginning to think that Jake LaMotta is not human.

He seemed impervious to pain when he was a boxer & hitting him was like hitting a wall.

Like you have said, he's still standing strong at 89.

Truly amazing man IMHO.
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer simpson -alcohol poisoning
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    essexpete wrote: »
    Jimmy Young,David Jacobs..

Coincidence that the surnames almost make my name?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    My money is on Charlie Sheen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im thinking Gazza

Im hoping John McCririck
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Peaches Geldof
    Michael Douglas
    Mylie Cyrus
    Wagner
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    ritch wrote: »

I dread Jack Nicholson going but he looks very ragged these days so I wouldn’t be surprised,
    He still not exactly at popping off age but 73 is pretty old if you live a lifestyle like that.

I am glad that you added the bit about Jack's lifestyle, I am just two weeks younger than him, and I don't feel like popping my clogs for a few years yet. ;)

But of course, lifestyle does make a difference, especially when you get past 60. After nearly 50 years of abusing my body with booze and ****, I realised how lucky I was to be so fit, so when I retired I joined a gym. After nine years I still go regularly three times a week, and learned to swim at 68. I took up running, and compete every year in our local annual 10K run. This year I completed my second Half Marathon in just three hours. The girl I was running with is 50 years my junior, and I beat her by 10 minutes.
    For me getting older is just a challenge to get fitter every year! :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I reckon either Cher or Katie when the fame gets too much for them (Im not saying they will or being nasty but showbuisness isnt what it seems.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I hate to say it but Lindsay Lohan (although I really hope she stays clean this time) or Kerry Katona (not a fan, but I hope for her and her kids sake that she's OK).
    Possibly Abe Vigoda as well? He was Tessio in the Godfather. You think this thread is morbid - check this out:
    http://www.abevigoda.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Alan Sugar; Looking pretty ill these days

2) Zsa Zsa Gabor

3) George Kennedy

4) A Double accumulator for Spartcus and his son Micheal Douglas 6 months apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend and I are doing our own death pool for next year and this thread has helped me with my list a lot, so thanks! I appreciate the morbidity of guessing who will die in the next year but really, what harm does it actually do? Predicting a death is neither wishing for it or affecting in any way the likelihood of it actually happening, it's just taking a light-hearted approach to a harsh reality of life that none of us can escape from.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to guess at anyone dying as its an awful thing to think about, but I agree about someone young dying for no apparent reason. Last year Britney Murphy, year before Heath Ledger :(

How is dying of an overdose no apparent reason?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    We used to do this on another forum, which celebs do you think will pop their clogs in 2011? We lost a few this year, Norman Wisdom, Patrick Swayze RIP.
    I think Michael Douglas next yr :( poor Catherine.

The coalition the way things are going.

Swayze died in 09 btw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is dying of an overdose no apparent reason?

What I meant was that both deaths were accidental overdoses so not expected. They were both a shock to me anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend and I are doing our own death pool for next year and this thread has helped me with my list a lot, so thanks! I appreciate the morbidity of guessing who will die in the next year?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
  • ThinWhitePukeThinWhitePuke Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Michael Douglas (sadly think he won't last 2011)
    Aretha Franklin (terminally ill)
    Sir Frank Williams (wheelchair bound for years)
    Murray Walker (ancient)
    Margaret Thatcher :( (declining health)
    Barack Obama (it is not just white supremacists that hate him now its most of America)
    Liz Dawn (lung cancer ?)
    Charlie Sheen (junkie)
    Karim Abdul Jabbar (2 Airplane stars died in 2010 not a good spell for the cast)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend and I are doing our own death pool for next year and this thread has helped me with my list a lot, so thanks! I appreciate the morbidity of guessing who will die in the next year but really, what harm does it actually do? Predicting a death is neither wishing for it or affecting in any way the likelihood of it actually happening, it's just taking a light-hearted approach to a harsh reality of life that none of us can escape from.

A death pool? What...fun!
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict Bruce Forsyth will finally get his nonsense knighthood hes desperately hanging on for then pop his clogs before he receives it :D

I think we'll say goodbye to Michael Douglas, Gazza, Ronnie Corbett, Tony Blair in 2011
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    What a morbid thread... but I can't resist picking a few.

Gazza, Aretha Franklin and Liz Dawn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    The Pope!

(I always pick the The Pope in our dead pool).