Options

Is Britney flopping?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Yes, she is flopping , and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.
    All this 'Britney is the queen of pop blah blah blah' is bullshit, the world has moved on from Britney Spears. Simple as that.
    Her new songs are autotuned messes, awful forgetfull songs..
    And as for all this stuff about 'Britney not doing promo' ect., Wtf? Eminem never does any promo or tours, yet he gets huge sales.
    Britney is yesterdays news, get over it ;)
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    her new music is so computer generated no emotion even if the music isn't that bad lady ga ga is big right now.
    No-one can really competer with her also people are sick of britney's miming she's not as good as she was.

So because people aren't as big as Lady GaGa they should retire...

And how old are you?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is IWG doing f all in the UK? I don't think its out properly here yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, she is flopping , and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

It isn't exactly flopping though, seeing as HIAM, TTWE and S&M have all sold over 3 million copies WW, and the album has sold over 1 million. That may not sound like a lot compared to other Popstars, but in the wider scale of things it's pretty damn good.
    All this 'Britney is the queen of pop blah blah blah' is bullshit, the world has moved on from Britney Spears. Simple as that.

I agree that Britney isn't the Queen of Pop. If the world has moved on, why is she still so successful? And why does she get so much attention?
    Her new songs are autotuned messes, awful forgetfull songs..

Opinion. That stands nowhere in the arguement that she's flopping, and as I already said, it's her most critically acclaimed album for over 7 years.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Why is IWG doing f all in the UK? I don't think its out properly here yet

The ''focus week'' is in August.:)
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    I certainly wouldnt say she is flopping.

It is a serious underperformance though, both in the UK and the US.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Critically, shes on a new high man! In The Zone is her most acclaimed album thus far and Femme Fatale is a respectful second!

After two very mixed reception albums! Femme Fetale is indeed Ms Spears on a new musical high! Commercially it may be weaker by a barge pole! but still over a million sales is good for someone who faced a massive breakdown, media fall out, backlash and dud performances. And here she is putting her heart out on tour and made something for the fans!

I just hope she has more releases for the radio, she has next to no airplay atm :(
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Look at the Caca fans say she is over :D

She aint going anywhere ;)

Her Tours Sell out here and thats where the Real money is touring ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Look at the Caca fans say she is over :D

She aint going anywhere ;)

Her Tours Sell out here and thats where the Real money is touring ;)

Is that really necessary? The OP likes Britney.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears is NOT flopping, she is currently on a masive sell out world tour, something many established artists fail to achieve nowadys due to poor tiocket sales.
    Now of course Britney's latest album 'Femme Fatale' was only promoted in the US, hence why she got to #1 over there, internationally her album has underperformed due to lack of promotion.

Britney is still bettering herself and beating her own records for example her last single 'Till THe World Ends' has become her biggest radio hit ever in the US.

She has been in the music industry for over 13 years, and has stood the test of time. She may not be selling the same amount of records as she once was, but she has gained much more in critical acclaim and credibility as a music artist. So it kind of balances itself out.

I truly believe that if Britney promotes her next album fully thenm she can definitely sgift big numbers.
  • Options
    Lady.PenelopeLady.Penelope Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason teenagers don't seem to like Britney anymore. I'm not sure why.

It can't be age as plently of other artist still manage to stay popular. Look at Beyonce.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Britney Spears is NOT flopping, she is currently on a masive sell out world tour, something many established artists fail to achieve nowadys due to poor tiocket sales.
    Now of course Britney's latest album 'Femme Fatale' was only promoted in the US, hence why she got to #1 over there, internationally her album has underperformed due to lack of promotion.

Britney is still bettering herself and beating her own records for example her last single 'Till THe World Ends' has become her biggest radio hit ever in the US.

She has been in the music industry for over 13 years, and has stood the test of time. She may not be selling the same amount of records as she once was, but she has gained much more in critical acclaim and credibility as a music artist. So it kind of balances itself out.

I truly believe that if Britney promotes her next album fully thenm she can definitely sgift big numbers.

Fantastic post and i agree with every word.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Thats because Brit's key market has moved on to Gaga even though Femme Fetale is a great album, I personally don't dislike any tracks on the album which is a first for me lol

For some odd reason, when it comes to music the homosexual community seems to be one of the biggest buyers of music and they don't seem to like two big female artists out at the same time, or the community is very divided, e.g. Kylie and Madonna people are always who is arguing who is the best on youtube etc when they are both very different artists in their own ways. But thats my view anyways
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    cos if she is, i dont know why! femme fatale is a great album, and till the world ends is such an anthem!

It's not though. Totally derivative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glynn12 wrote: »
    Thats because Brit's key market has moved on to Gaga even though Femme Fetale is a great album, I personally don't dislike any tracks on the album which is a first for me lol

For some odd reason, when it comes to music the homosexual community seems to be one of the biggest buyers of music and they don't seem to like two big female artists out at the same time, or the community is very divided, e.g. Kylie and Madonna people are always who is arguing who is the best on youtube etc when they are both very different artists in their own ways. But thats my view anyways

tbh i only ever notice it on Kylie videos the "shes better duh duh duh" whereas you have gaga propaganda everywhere which is distracting but people who actually watch Madonna videos there are rare comments that are "dissy" :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It can't be age as plently of other artist still manage to stay popular. Look at Beyonce.

Beyonce??? You do the exact same thing people are doing with Britney. JUST because she's underperforming in the UK she's not popular.And JUST because Beyonce did Glasto and got her No.1 album in the UK, she's an example of a hugely popular act.Beyonce has lost her momentum and is considered old news everywhere else but the UK and France
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Beyonce??? You do the exact same thing people are doing with Britney. JUST because she's underperforming in the UK she's not popular.And JUST because Beyonce did Glasto and got her No.1 album in the UK, she's an example of a hugely popular act.Beyonce has lost her momentum and is considered old news everywhere else but the UK and France

Beyonce is hardly 'old news'. Where did you get that idea from?
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney also commands the most successful celebrity perfume line, even bigger than J.Lo's. I read Britney earned $50 million last year just sat on her arse, purely down to her fragrances.

Makes sense -- they're sold everywhere, and even my mum and sister have all of them.

Anyway, Britney is under performing in the UK and other foreign markets because she's not done promo here yet. When the tour comes and inevitably sells out, and she does stuff like X Factor, she'll get sales.

And obviously the critical acclaim for this era, the album and tour, is exceptional. Plus great US chart success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beyonce is hardly 'old news'. Where did you get that idea from?

Do you live in the UK??Because of course she's not old news there after Glasto.Also, she's got buzz in France and the US.
    My point was that Beyonce's songs are not enough to keep her momentum going without worldwide promotion, while Britney has only been doing stuff Stateside and she's still hot ww.So, if anything, Beyonce should not be used as an example of a hugely popular artist, especially when someone brings her up to prove that Britney is underperforming...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Man I sure hope so. The sooner she falls off the face of the earth the better.

Apart from being pretty what exactly did she ever offer? Any average girl on any average street could have sang those songs. She's a puppet and it's time her strings were cut. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • Options
    mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like "femme fattle" but tbh yes she is flopping like a fish outta water.
    People will say, "yeah but she hasn't done a load of promotion".
    I reply to that with, "Blackout" promotion was her life outside of music I.e her breakdown.

I am a fan of most songs but overall, she cAnt compete nowadays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live in the UK??Because of course she's not old news there after Glasto.Also, she's got buzz in France and the US.
    My point was that Beyonce's songs are not enough to keep her momentum going without worldwide promotion, while Britney has only been doing stuff Stateside and she's still hot ww.So, if anything, Beyonce should not be used as an example of a hugely popular artist, especially when someone brings her up to prove that Britney is underperforming...

Not that it matters,but yes I do live in the UK. But you basically said that no-one outside the UK and France doesn't care about her anymore, which is not true. Do you recall the reception of her Billboard Awards performance? Plus,tonnes of people around the world would have seen her Glasto performance anyway,because of a little thing called YouTube.Sure,RTW didn't set the world on fire,but Beyonce is still a global star-no use in writing her off-as is Britney,who this is all about anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not that it matters,but yes I do live in the UK. But you basically said that no-one outside the UK and France doesn't care about her anymore, which is not true. I'm pretty sure the promo is going to kick in sooner than later. Beyonce is still a global star-as is Britney.

I never said that nobody cares.I said that she should not be used as an example of a hugely popular act at this point.DIFFERENT

The person I quoted at the first place said that Britney is underperforming, while Beyonce is slaying and that's not true, because Britney hasn't even bothered with promo outside of the USA, but her material is strong and it keeps the heat going, while Beyonce's material is weaker (RTW especially) and she HAS to promote her behind off if she wants to be REALLY popular again.I just disagreed with Beyonce being brought up as the prime example of a largely popular artist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any average girl on any average street could have sang those songs. She's a puppet and it's time her strings were cut. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Then how come every single cute cookie cutter girls have flopped. Mandy Moore, Hillary Duff, Jessica Simpson, Miley (she's faded), Selena(C-lister)?If being cute was all she offered, then why is Britney a pop icon and arguably the princess of pop and those girls never did anything??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said that nobody cares.I said that she should not be used as an example of a hugely popular act at this point.DIFFERENT

The person I quoted at the first place said that Britney is underperforming, while Beyonce is slaying and that's not true, because Britney hasn't even bothered with promo outside of the USA, but her material is strong and it keeps the heat going, while Beyonce's material is weaker (RTW especially) and she HAS to promote her behind off if she wants to be REALLY popular again.I just disagreed with Beyonce being brought up as the prime example of a largely popular artist

You called her 'old news'! What else could that mean?