Comments

• Options
    isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Cheer up , :)

Be happy

I'm really trying ! honestly I am ! No really I am, I am really, have I convinced you yet?;)
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isledance wrote: »
    So you go through life holding grudges against someone for what they did earlier in their careers! She is so typically from Essex, caricatured by TOWIE, but this does not influence me against her! I could not stand Charlie Brookes in Eastenders, but she was brilliant in I'm a Celebrity.You have said it she dances beautifully and anyone with a brain should recognise this and give creditbwhere credit is due!

Your posts are veering very close to personal abuse. You need to stop that.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish some people on here would refrain from using the word hate when condemning others who do not like Denise. I have not seen one person say they hate her. Dislike is not the same a hate.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I admire her and James, fighters all the way. They can hold their heads high whatever happens next week.

After being voted into the dance off, despite their excellent performances this week, they'll both know that they have no chance of winning now that it's down to a public vote.

For both Dani and Louis to have finished ahead of them they'll probably be expecting to be voted last next week.

So I think it will speak to their character if they still put in the sort of high quality performances we saw this week.
  • Options
    Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I really wish some people on here would refrain from using the word hate when condemning others who do not like Denise. I have not seen one person say they hate her. Dislike is not the same a hate.

Some of the comments come across as very hateful. Why? because she is an Essex girl? That is just snobbery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the comments come across as very hateful. Why? because she is an Essex girl? That is just snobbery.

I havent seen anyone say they dislike her because she comes from Essex.

I just dislike her, where she comes from is quite irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Please don't shout.
    Your posts make my head hurt.

Me Too! You are too condecending for words!
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise must be on top of the judges' leaderboard to have a real chance to be in the final three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guaranteed 3rd if there is a dance off after the first part of final.

Denise has really damaged her brand by being in Strictly. Producers know that she is not a popular attraction.

I know what you mean, but having been included, I just wish people would judge her in the moment!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    Absolutely. Although, I think that all of the celebs have been missing an element this year. In Denise's case I think she is just a bit too controlled, which means people have less empathy with her. I'm glad she is through to the final, since she is a very good dancer, and I feel sorry for her because it must be horrible to know that the public are not supporting her. Even so, it was not particularly pleasant for Lisa either, who obviously cared a lot about the show and was trying her best, but would have known she couldn't win the Dance Off

Of course. But I think there's a fair difference between the Judges voting you off because you simply aren't at the same level as the other dancers and ending up in the dance off, despite putting in two almost flawless dances, and thus knowing that you're not well liked by the public.

Personally, I know I'd prefer to be not so great a dancer but still have the public's affection, than be a great dancer and know I'm not particularly well liked.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why do you consider me condescending?
    Because I can spell condescending correctly and compose a sentence without using three exclamation marks?

Overuse of !!! just makes it read like you are shouting, that's all
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member

Pot . . . kettle . . . black.

The missing ingredient with Denise and James is any amount of charisma.
    The missing ingredient with Lisa and Robin is a certain amount of technique.

I thought Lisa delivered a much better performance in the Dance Off but it wasn't going to win when the judges were looking for technique - a bit off when Craig said that Lisa should come out and sell the dance - why did he not say brush up on the technique?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, but having been included, I just wish people would judge her in the moment!

And how do you know how others are judging her?

You are not in their minds.

I have been judging her on her dancing and though technically very, very good I just find it leaves me cold.

It has nothing to do with her personality, where she came from or what she done in the past.

IMHO there is just something missing in her dancing, something that just doesn't sell it, something that just doesn't give me the wow factor that I have got from previous dancers in previous series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D & J's attitude at being in the bottom two last week won't have helped them.
    They just aren't popular.

... and pulling the same sour-faced look again this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Your posts are veering very close to personal abuse. You need to stop that.

I can promise you that there is quite a lot of personal abuse on here, its just that some people choose to wrap it in sarcastic sacharin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you consider me condescending?
    Because I can spell condescending correctly and compose a sentence without using three exclamation marks?

Overuse of !!! just makes it read like you are shouting, that's all

See You really don't know when you are doing it! (oh yes you do)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helenaka wrote: »
    And how do you know how others are judging her?

You are not in their minds.

I have been judging her on her dancing and though technically very, very good I just find it leaves me cold.

It has nothing to do with her personality, where she came from or what she done in the past.

IMHO there is just something missing in her dancing, something that just doesn't sell it, something that just doesn't give me the wow factor that I have got from previous dancers in previous series.

You are entitled to your point of view, and I will reserve judgement on it thanks!
  • Options
    LiliaprincessLiliaprincess Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    People dont dislike Denise because of her talent .

I think a lot of Denise's problem is that people don't like James.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was obvious she would be. And its obvious she'll probably come 4th. Which is terrible considering she's been amazing throughout. She should be top 2 easily but won't be

She tries so hard and its still not enough. She must feel awful. She must feel like she's hated and she's done nothing wrong. Its so unfair and horrible to watch

psychologically it is going to be v.hard for her. What has happened to Denise has made me dislike the programme and it is just wallpaper to me nowl
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    psychologically it is going to be v.hard for her. What has happened to Denise has made me dislike the programme and it is just wallpaper to me nowl

You can always change the wallpaper :D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See You really don't know when you are doing it! (oh yes you do)!

You really are quite exhausting.
    I'll leave you to burst your blood vessels...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What do you mean by what has happened to Denise. If you are referring to negative posts on here, this happens most years. Emma Bunton comes to mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I thought Lisa delivered a much better performance in the Dance Off but it wasn't going to win when the judges were looking for technique - a bit off when Craig said that Lisa should come out and sell the dance - why did he not say brush up on the technique?

Because that would have been like urinating in the wind.

Lisa's best and only shot was simply to put in an entertaining performance. But, realistically, even that wouldn't/shouldn't have been enough to put her through.

They simply referenced technique because it was a way of saying in not so many words that Denise was the better dancer and that it would've been a travesty for Lisa to be in the final ahead of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really are quite exhausting.
    I'll leave you to burst your blood vessels...

Whist you repair yours......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are entitled to your point of view, and I will reserve judgement on it thanks!

So you claim to know what others think about Denise and what criteria they are judging her on and yet when someone comes back with an honest opinion, that doesn't fit your little argument, you can't handle it.

I don't need your judgement, thanks. I'll live without it.

You accuse others of being condescending on here, but you are really doing yourself no favours with your attitude in this thread.