ED: Who else has no sympathy for Brenda?

emzangel28emzangel28 Posts: 177
Forum Member
This shoplifting storyline is really annoying! I understand she's had one hell of a couple years and that's not to be wished on anyone, but this makes her so unlikeable!
Trying to talk her way out of being charged by guilt tripping the security guard was awful, I was rooting for it not to go in her favour!

Comments

• Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me. She's the devil incarnate. :mad:
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None whatsoever! So glad when the store did get the Police in!
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I felt a tiny bit sorry for her when I saw the face of that policewoman! :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    emzangel28 wrote: »
    This shoplifting storyline is really annoying! I understand she's had one hell of a couple years and that's not to be wished on anyone, but this makes her so unlikeable!
    Trying to talk her way out of being charged by guilt tripping the security guard was awful, I was rooting for it not to go in her favour!

She did not tell him any lies. She needs to start telling the truth and getting some help.
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Dame Judi Dench has resorted to shoplifting. How the mighty have fallen.
  • Joline44Joline44 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me! Hopefully there's an end to it soon.
  • emzangel28emzangel28 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    She did not tell him any lies. She needs to start telling the truth and getting some help.

I'm not saying she was lying, I'm saying that no matter how hard a time she's had, it can't be used to talk her way out of getting into trouble!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    emzangel28 wrote: »
    I'm not saying she was lying, I'm saying that no matter how hard a time she's had, it can't be used to talk her way out of getting into trouble!

Have a day out in your local Magistrates court and you'll hear it all the time.
    Forum Member

Lol fair enough I just think that no matter what happens in a person" personal life they can't use it as an excuse to get away with everything.
    Real life aside I still think Brenda was ridiculous today, it did make me laugh when she stood pretty much outside the shop looking at what she'd just stolen. She might as well have just asked someone to come and search her bag!
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Wanted her to get away with it when I knew she was setting the alarm up to go off but then she was stupid enough to stop round the corner so she deserved it!

I don't condone or support crime but since it's a soap I just take it as entertainment - the fact that Brenda is stealing isn't going to influence me so it's just harmless entertainment on a soap but next time she really should look at her items a bit further away from the store than that
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy for the thieving bag. Spoon feeding that security bloke her life's sob story to try and get away with it, does she not think that people like him must hear all sorts of rubbish every day off people trying to gain sympathy when their caught out? She can dole out all the schmaltz and cow eyes she wants, she's a tea leaf plain and simple.
  • fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have had some sympathy for Brenda if her shoplifting appeared to be part of the symptoms of her grief and mental state of health, where it was all a bit random, and on calming down was quite horrified at what she had done.

The sympathy went completely out of the window when it became obvious that she got a real kick out of doing it, popping on the old wig as a disguise,shoplifting to order just about, then setting out to go out and get the same item in a different colour :o. A kind of pinch one, nick one free! Set a completely innocent person up to get away with it. The sheer arrogance!

Then to use her cancer and her own daughters death as an excuse. That wasnt a women breaking down in a please help me mode, where they had to call an ambulance not the police, it was the sympathy card, as had the shop let her go she would have walked out of there with that smug smile on her face I dont doubt.

Then we have the added plain and simple theft. Not that shoplifting isnt theft in itself, but to go into someones bag, (does anyone really leave their bag open and unzipped on a chair while they hop off to the ladies???), and steal their personal belongings and let someone else take the blame.

What next for Brenda I wonder. Confesses all to Bob (how sanctimonious has he become?) and gets the help she needs, or nipping out in the middle of the night all dressed in black and breaking into the pub for the takings?, or maybe teaming up with Ross for a bit of carjacking.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt a bit of sympathy for her. :( She's been through a lot but I think being caught sobered her up.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brenda really is a needy character. She lived with Bob's daughter's boyfriend, Terry; when he died, we had this 'poor me' act. Then she saw Bob as an easy ride. Will the police follow up on the shop-lifting, or did she just get a caution at the police station?
  • fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brenda really is a needy character. She lived with Bob's daughter's boyfriend, Terry; when he died, we had this 'poor me' act. Then she saw Bob as an easy ride. Will the police follow up on the shop-lifting, or did she just get a caution at the police station?

They were probably glad to let her go! Wouldnt be surprised if she came home with a couple of pairs of handcuffs, a truncheon, and a police radio stufffed in her coat pocket :D
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching this
    That security guy wound me up. Just cus she has a sob story and he's saying sorry to HER!
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy here either. I have never liked Brenda though.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoplifting on its own, to keep this in proportion, is just a material crime. It has become more serious now that Brenda has tried to frame another shopper and, even if inadvertently, let Ruby get into trouble. Brenda is supposed to try to clear Ruby tomorrow though.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel a bit sorry for her
    But I hate it so much when people use Cancer or an illness or the death of a loss one as an excuse in order to get sympathy from others when they blatantly know that they're made a mistake
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loathe the old ratbag. She should go to prison for shoplifting. A sentence of 8-10 years would be appropriate.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vote that we should make Mo Mouse a magistrate.
    Forum Member
    I vote that we should make Mo Mouse a magistrate.

Motion seconded :D
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    All rise.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    All rise.

Don't start singing Blue songs at us >:(
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why waste your legs or petrol going to a court, just turn on the tv, the reality tv show contestants nearly always have a sob story..... try reading OK, all the fading away celebs snorting their lifes away always hit back with a centre page sob story.