Options

Which contestant got thrown under the bus the most by X Factor Producers?

Comments

• Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas in the last 3/4 live shows last year.

He was treated well in the beggining and I've never really liked him but in the end, oh god, it was clear they choose that he couldn't win it at all.
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty and johnny robinson were forced into being joke acts

Gamu was thrown under the bus by cheryl

Tesco mary they robbed her of her deserved place in the final

carolynne poole was treated disguistingly first being told she was being save then the next minute sent home
  • Options
    TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My goodness, Janet Devlin by far. It was actually really uncomfortable to watch by the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Tesco Mary - she was never gunna win but she was heading for the final over Cher Lloyd and, well, they wasn't having it.

I agree with all the Nikita shout outs.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    Amelia may have got to 2nd but I still think little mix would have won anyway. As well as being talented they had the whole journey story of being favourite to leave to being the first group in the final.

First girlband to reach the final.

G4, Journey South, Same Difference, JLS and One direction all made the final before them. :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been said, Treyc, Lorna Simpson and Miss Dynamix.

I would add James Michael to that, given a poor song, montaged throughout the pre-live stages, rejected over Frankie
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Lorna Simpson.

She had 20 seconds of her room audition shown, didn't get any of her arena audition shown, then we were properly introduced to her at bootcamp, then got a 1 minute segment @ judges houses, then was given a Whitney song and was criticised for being a Whitney copycat (a.k.a for being a black woman singing a Whitney song), then didn't get her numbers scroll across the bottom of the screen during the flashvote, then got the fewest overnight votes and was against the token joke/novelty act, and then was sent home after her mentor refused to vote, meaning the novelty act outlasted her!

I felt really bad for her :( I remember in an interview she said she would invite friends and family round every week, waiting for her audition to get shown and it never did, and then becoming one of the most forgettable first boots in XF history :(

And then the judges said she wasn't memorable. She would have been if they'd given her the 30+ mins of prime time hype that Sam Bailey received.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitty and johnny robinson were forced into being joke acts

Gamu was thrown under the bus by cheryl

Tesco mary they robbed her of her deserved place in the final

carolynne poole was treated disguistingly first being told she was being save then the next minute sent home

Carolynne wouldn't even have been bottom 2 if they'd let her sing a decent song and not a Nicki Minaj song which would alienate the age groups most likely to vote for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Surprised no one mentioned Nicholas from last year. A look at the voting results shows that after the week where he topped the vote he received generally dire song choices, undesirable slots and forgettable feedback for the rest of the competition. I can't blame them for being scared of another Leon Jackson type winner, but this sabotage job was about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

He topped both weeks he was treated fairly so he definitely had a chance to beat Sam.

They had probably already decided the songs for Sam Bailey's album of covers before the lives so it would be out in time to target the Mother's Day market.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    He topped both weeks he was treated fairly so he definitely had a chance to beat Sam.

They had probably already decided the songs for Sam Bailey's album of covers before the lives so it would be out in time to target the Mother's Day market.

I suspect the reason for the free voting this year is to try and prevent acts like Sam and Nicky getting anywhere near the final.

Whoever wins this time, I expect to see an album brought out fast. They've learnt that it's far cheaper and more sales result. It worked last time and it works with the BGT finalists too. They spent the usual year on James Arthur, got him stacks of radio play, an album of originals and released at the busiest time of year and yet Sam Bailey outsold him with a cheap covers album at a quieter time and much less promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Janet Devlin by a mile, followed by Maloney and then Wagner.

Janet seems to be a unique case in the show as there seems to be so much going on in the background, and when she refused to play ball TPTB seemed to panicked.

I say unique because all the other acts thrown under the bus were already destined to fail through producer manipulation, with Janet, she would have walked the win if she had agreed to fake.

Because she refused, she was hated on for 6 solid weeks by the producers, and judges (those lovely people Barlow & Tulisa) to whittle down her vote, and this was from the week following the death of her grandfather.

Even without knowing what went on behind the scenes, the editing on the YT clips are so obvious that they should be incriminating.

Also a shout out to Katie Waissel who was used disgustingly to boost ratings and then unceremoniously dumped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicolo Festa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha was finished 5th out of 12 the week before she got called a bully by Tulisa and Louis which I think did do her some serious harm on the show so she's definitely one of them for me.

Aiden Grimshaw got songs like Jealous Guy (really?) and Nothing Compares 2 U, and Rocket Man, and he was an intense Indie type of singer and they was ridiculous song choices to give him.

Time slot wise even though I didn't like his style of Music very much nobody else has been given the harsh time slots that Nicholas McDonald received last year.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    I suspect the reason for the free voting this year is to try and prevent acts like Sam and Nicky getting anywhere near the final.

Whoever wins this time, I expect to see an album brought out fast. They've learnt that it's far cheaper and more sales result. It worked last time and it works with the BGT finalists too. They spent the usual year on James Arthur, got him stacks of radio play, an album of originals and released at the busiest time of year and yet Sam Bailey outsold him with a cheap covers album at a quieter time and much less promo.

I thought they had stopped doing the fast release because acts flopped without the big XF push (i.e. the following year). That could change with BGT happening now.

Generally though, Sam wasn't going to be an act that Syco would spend months developing - she had her market and needed to cash in quick. The album's production sounded cheap and rushed, there wasn't a special video. Ella Henderson, however, had 18 months development and is doing brilliantly. Syco spent 9 months on Little Mix and 1D's debuts and it worked. James could have had a great career - 'You're Nobody...' did very well, it was his own fault that he doesn't have Rebecca Ferguson's credibility + sales career.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back a few years, The Unconventionals. Known for their vocal harmonies, their first live show performance they come out and all sing separate parts :confused: Which meant them spread around the stage and camera shots everywhere.

FYD were doomed from the start. It was obvious girls would vote for pretty boys One Direction. Some acts don't seem to realise they are only there as a 'filler' :kitty:

Chris Maloney - the week they had his face projected behind him with lasers coming out of the eyes :o
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicolo Festa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(>:(>:(

That was very smooth! Squeezed between Mary and the up-and-coming One Direction, shades, Lady Gaga song...
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Lorna Simpson - I didn't like her that much but she was treated as cannonfodder.
    Aiden Grimshaw
    Nicolo Festa - Given a terrible song choice, they treated him as a joke act.
    Carolynne Poole - the producers wanted her out so they could keep in Rylan for entertainment value.
    James Michael - booted out in favour of Frankie Cocozza who was essentially only there to create drama.
    Sophie Habibis - we never saw a full audition..when she got through to the lives everyone''s reaction was "Who?". I think she was only there as cannonfodder to be kicked out in the first week, but everything went "wrong" when Kelly picked her to go through over Amelia.
    I would also add John Adeleyde. The producers wanted him out early so they gave him a song that Simon didn't like, which naturally Simon critisiced and influenced the votes.
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet was royally screwed over. I had to laugh at the excuses for voting her out in the bottom 2, the fact that Kelly wouldn't even vote saying it wouldn't be fair to choose even though she already had 2 votes against her. I had to roll my eyes when Tulisa and the others were going on about how Misha would "sell out" arena's and Janet wouldn't yet Misha was on her 3rd bottom 2 appearance and in all 3 she was bottom of the vote.

Treyc is another example, I saw a comment further up about wide angle camera shots which I noticed too quite a lot, add in the fact that she wiped the floor with Katie in the bottom 2 but all of a sudden Cheryl was the 2nd judge to vote when it was always known that when a judge had 2 acts in the bottom they'd be asked to vote last. One of the more infuriating eliminations for me.

Amelia Lily, while she actually did do well, she was potentially the winner of that series and that ridiculous week 1 twist and her song choice, having to perform first... etc, all of that just screwed her over. She did well enough to get to 3rd place but if she'd been given the four weeks she'd missed out on to build her fanbase more, she'd have at least made it to 2nd and possibly narrowed the gap between the winner and runner-up in the voting.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Melanie McCabe for sure!!! Very Evil producers

and Amelia Lily... but I have a feeling that was planned all along
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    First girlband to reach the final.

G4, Journey South, Same Difference, JLS and One direction all made the final before them. :)

Of course :) when typing on an iPod I make loads of mistakes and skip things out.

Agree with those who say aiden. I think he deserved to be in the B2 but Katie really should have left.

Kitty was treated badly too.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    What about Lucie Jones how dare Simon who didn't like Jedward put them in over her

This was a turning point for me, I never took the show seriously after that.

I still watch, can't deny that, but Jedward being saved over Lucie ensured I never again picked up the phone to vote - I save my votes for Strictly ;-);-)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, totally disagree about Amelia being thrown under a bus, quite the opposite actually with that silly twist to bring someone back in Week 6, having missed four weeks of the competition, she was given the pimp slot complete with OTT praise then when the whole bounce back vote had wore off, she was in the bottom two the following week, IMO had she been in the competition the whole time, she would have been out by Week 6 as she had no individuality and she simply wasn't very likeable either.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not the biggest example, but I always thought that Kimberly Southwick got a horribly raw deal. She had a good voice, but was given "It's Raining Men" on the first live show, was dressed and styled ridiculously, and to top it all off, was made to go first, fifteen minutes before the show was originally scheduled to start meaning that a lot of people missed her performance.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The token contestant who gets virtually no screen time throughout the audition process

Lorna Simpson, Sophie Habibis, James Michael, Scott Bruton

Also hated how they tried to portray Treyc Cohen as arrogant for being confident after a fantastic judges houses performance
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicolo Festa