Options

Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great start by Newcastle, and copying Tottenham's approach. I.e, attack Chelsea. It's not a cup final though, and Newcastle will burn themselves out playing like that.

Nicely taken goal by Oscar, but I still think Chelsea should be starting with 2 strikers at the moment.
  • Options
    Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be me (in here anyway) :)
    I don't think Ramires has looked anything like the player he was 2/3 years ago. I remember when he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet for me, he was so consistent. The problem is (in my opinion) Willian does all the things Ramires used to do, but in terms of ability there's much more to his game. Ramires is stronger in the tackle of course, but that often gets him in trouble as well.

We're all entitled to our opinion Richmond.. :cool:
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Totally undeserved lead. Jose should still rip into them at h/t.

I haven't been watching. Have we been that bad ? The stats say we had 64% possession, but I know that frequently doesn't tell the real story.
  • Options
    Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I haven't been watching. Have we been that bad ? The stats say we had 64% possession, but I know that frequently doesn't tell the real story.

Newcastle completely outplayed us in the first half, we are lucky they didn't score 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Society619 wrote: »
    Newcastle completely outplayed us in the first half, we are lucky they didn't score 2

Really ? For once, I'm glad I went shopping..or sitting in a pub while my wife is shopping to be more accurate. I'm going to have another drink and keep my fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2-0 Chelsea. Diego Costa.

City is still 0-0 with Everton at the moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    City just took the lead over Everton 1-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everton Scores. 1-1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Manchester City draws with Everton. Chelsea is 2 points ahead of the table. Good recovery from last week. We got Swansea on the road next saturday, Chelsea needs to improve their road form before the showdown with City in two weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next 5 PL matches

Chelsea:
    Swansea (A)
    City (H)
    Villa (A)
    Everton (H)
    Burnley (H)

Man City:
    Arsenal (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    United (A)
    Newcastle (H)

You gotta like our chances to move ahead
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times have Chelsea won 2-0 this season, surely that is a bet to be having week in week out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Draca_Noir wrote: »
    How many times have Chelsea won 2-0 this season, surely that is a bet to be having week in week out?

9 times in all competitions
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great win, let's see what city are made of.

Shameful deal with frank though, surprised he let himself get involved in this, probably didn't want to join our rivals and hurt his legacy..

The lies have tarnished it
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes because he should turn down a chance to play for one of the best teams in Europe and a team who have a chance to win a league title after he was no longer wanted by his previous club just because some people are unable to process the simple fact it's a job and if you get a chance to work for one of the biggest companies in your chosen field you take it.

This nonsense surrounding him playing for City is laughable (and sad at the same time).

Watching Lamps play is always a pleasure, be it for Chelsea or City or anyone else, one of the greatest players ever to grace the English games and we should be honoured and thankfully he spent his best years at the Bridge. Players like him come to a club once in a age, Osgood and Chopper are at the top of tree of our history and Lamps is there with them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I ask is that all parties were honest.

City misled everyone, including the ny fans, and lampard allowed this confusion.

If he had just come out and said I'm signing for city, it would have been a bitter pill but understandable.

As it happens, he signed for ny and was then "training with city", then "playing, but leaving in January"

Now it appears there was never a contract with ny at all, and he had signed a 1 year deal with city.

Very, very poor.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest puzzle is how they can afford Frank & now Bonys apparent £150 k per week & still stay within FFP rules
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

City misled everyone, including the ny fans, and lampard allowed this confusion.

If he had just come out and said I'm signing for city, it would have been a bitter pill but understandable.

As it happens, he signed for ny and was then "training with city", then "playing, but leaving in January"

Now it appears there was never a contract with ny at all, and he had signed a 1 year deal with city.

Very, very poor.

It is a mess. All brought about by Man City's attempt's at circumnavigating the FFP rules.
    Frank's statement says..
    'When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYC FC for two years starting January 1, 2015.
    “I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York. This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYC FC at the end of this current Premier League season.”

I've mixed feelings about the whole business. I don't agree with FFP, so part of me says good luck to Man City if they can find ways to legally expose the idea as a sham. On the other hand, if we're bending over backwards to keep within the rules it seems unfair.
    It is a pity Frank has been dragged into this. He deserved to leave us with his head held high after a fabulous career, and as far as I'm concerned he still has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very, very poor.

Honest?

This is modern day football and honesty is very rare

The signing of Mikel,Ashley Cole and Kakuta was all far from honest.

Transfers are very complicated and even more so with FFP .

City's ownership of New York is just as questionable as ours is of Vitesse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why we need to keep schurle, world class but not on huge wages. Keeps us within ffp.

Did city pay their £50m fine?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    This is why we need to keep schurle, world class but not on huge wages. Keeps us within ffp.

Did city pay their £50m fine?

Schurrle is bollocks for us. Being a world cup winner doesn't make you world class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No,he is just getting over his illness. I say keep him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He a decent player, nothing special.

No point getting rid of him in this window as would need to replaced and that would cost as much as it would bring in.

If we get a top end offer at then end of the season that's a very different matter
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    No,he is just getting over his illness. I say keep him.

An illness he's has since signing for us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    He a decent player, nothing special.

No point getting rid of him in this window as would need to replaced and that would cost as much as it would bring in.

If we get a top end offer at then end of the season that's a very different matter

I think if we could get Marco Reus as a replacement it might be worth considering. Reus is a year older, but he's still only 25 and there's a lot more to his game.
    But I don't think it's something we need to rush into, as you say. The players who would make a big difference to our future aren't likely to be avaiable in this window. And if they are, they probably won't be eligible to play in The Champions League.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halfway through the season, some questions?

Did we dodge a 50m Falcao bullet?

Were we right to sell Lukaku for 28m?

Is remy good enough to start?