Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    Halfway through the season, some questions?

Did we dodge a 50m Falcao bullet?

Were we right to sell Lukaku for 28m?

Is remy good enough to start?

Yes

For that money, yes.

On the wing or as a second striker, yes. Ahead of Costa, no.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    ^ My thoughts too.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halfway through the season, some questions?

Were we right to sell Lukaku for 28m?

Is remy good enough to start?

Yes, it's too late for Falcao at that sort of money. He's 29 in February, but he was a different proposition 5 years ago.
    Lukaku ? I would have liked to see him given a few chances when we were fielding a completely out of form Torres week after week. But having captured Costa, the £28m was too good an offer to turn down.
    Remy ?..I don't know to be honest. I suppose time will tell if he's ever given a run in the team. I would have preferred Wilfried Bony back in the time when he might have been available at a more modest fee, but he's now changed hands at big money.
  • Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a side can avoid spending in the January transfer window they should imo, and it's unusual for a team to go on and win the title doing business in January.

People talk about selling Schurrle, a player with a world cup winners medal and a player who made the winning goal. Stupid.

If he has still not adapted fully to the PL by the summer, then fair enough, maybe a swap deal for Reus or something like that, but it takes time to settle a player in, and who knows maybe Schurrle will be crucial in a cup competition.

I don't always understand Mourhino's logic for not playing him. He's a player who likes to get in behind? He's more of a player who likes to cut in from the wings and shoot. That's something Chelsea need more of, i.e. shots on target. At least he's direct in that respect and goes for goal.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame, looking like we won't be playing Millwall, was really looking forward to playing them
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Such a shame, looking like we won't be playing Millwall, was really looking forward to playing them

The police must be totally gutted
    Forum Member
    20 years already since we last played Millwall. I remember going to both the away & home games in '95. It's crazy how the years have flown by since then.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 years already since we last played Millwall. I remember going to both the away & home games in '95. It's crazy how the years have flown by since then.

Sadly going there I doubt much has changed either :)
    Forum Member
    Tip top 2 wrote: »
    People talk about selling Schurrle, a player with a world cup winners medal and a player who made the winning goal. Stupid.

Shame his World Cup winners medal doesn't prevent him from shooting every time he gets the ball for us. If it did, he might be worth keeping around.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Falco is probably in his 40s too!

Looks like we dodged a bullet.
    Falcao looks far too lightweight for the league at the moment, i think we dodged another £50m bullet there.

How much is falco on? We dodged a huge bullet there.

Haha! Obsessed much? I love how bitter you are.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Haha! Obsessed much? I love how bitter you are.

I can't work out if she's more bitter about United's on-loan, mainly injured striker Falcao, or 80's pop demon/one-hit wonder Falco.

I thought that 'Rock Me Amadeus' was a catchy tune, at the time. The charts definitely didn't have to 'dodge' that 'bullet'. Maybe she couldn't afford the single?
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 2 for Nando V RM,!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before he left for Milan, there was talk of trying to get 10 to 15 million for him, and then the talk from some people was to pay another club to get him off Chelsea's books! Despite the fact that he still had over 2 years left on his contract.

He didn't do much at Milan, but last night against one of the best clubs in the world, he was back to his clinical best. I'm just hoping Chelsea didn't give him away.

Good luck Fernando :cool:
    Forum Member
    Before he left for Milan, there was talk of trying to get 10 to 15 million for him, and then the talk from some people was to pay another club to get him off Chelsea's books! Despite the fact that he still had over 2 years left on his contract.

He didn't do much at Milan, but last night against one of the best clubs in the world, he was back to his clinical best. I'm just hoping Chelsea didn't give him away.

We didn't have any choice. No-one was prepared to pay that kind of transfer fee on top of the £175k a week wages. Even Atletico Madrid aren't prepared to pay his full wages, hence this thing of Milan having to sign him just so they can use him in a loan swap.

Just be happy he's not our problem anymore, and that we now have a striker as good as Costa playing for us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We didn't have any choice. No-one was prepared to pay that kind of transfer fee on top of the £175k a week wages. Even Atletico Madrid aren't prepared to pay his full wages, hence this thing of Milan having to sign him just so they can use him in a loan swap.

Just be happy he's not our problem anymore, and that we now have a striker as good as Costa playing for us.

He wouldn't fit in at Chelsea now, and his wages were a problem, but when you compare 175 k / week to the £265 k / week that Falcao's on.. For Madrid, he looks a bargain.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He often showed brief glimpses of returning to something like his best when playing for us. Unfortunately, it never lasted long. He was the cause of more frustration than any other Chelsea player I can remember, I wouldn't want to go through that again in a hurry.
    But I wish him well, as you say.
    Forum Member
    Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

SUBS: Courtois, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Remy
    Forum Member
    Not too happy to see Cahill back in tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good stuff 2 0
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Good stuff 2 0

We are playing so well, the Costa goal was a brilliant team effort.

Let's get another
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As requested twice!
    Forum Member
    4-0. Easy.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant first half :D
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swansea comit footballing suicide, Costa with a great finish for three.

What a player!

Oscar for 4 , let's keep going and get our goal difference back
    Forum Member
    Willian FFS.