That Was Lovely Of Adam (Ian Beale)

Comments

• AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    True. I loathe Ian Beale but Adam seems a very decent man.

An a good actor.

I loathe Ian as well. Great character!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet thirty years ago nobody imagined Adam to be the longest running cast member
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm inclined to believe that Adam said those words unscripted too. Nobody knew Eastenders had won beforehand and while maybe he was told if they won to mention Anne I believe his words were from the heart regardless and were all his.

Lovely way to honour Anne without Coronation Street winning the vote which wouldn't have surprised me because of how special a lady Anne was
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I've seen it now - really lovely gesture. Very genuine and the Corrie cast seemed touched.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without Coronation Street, there would have been no Brookside and no Emmerdale or EastEnders.

The BBC rejected the idea for Coronation Street over 50 years ago.

Adam Woodyatt made a beautiful speech and dedicating the award to the "WeatherfieldOne" showed that despite all the crap in the media, the stars of EastEnders and Coronation Street and all the soaps respect each other.

It was a really lovely moment seeing Corrie and EastEnders united in a tribute to Anne Kirkbride.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got a link??
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EastEnders winning speeches are always very humble Adams speech was lovely tonight. Big night for EastEnders and they handled so gracefully considering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is and my goodness, I never thought the death of a soap actor would touch us all so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa2012 wrote: »
    EastEnders winning speeches are always very humble Adams speech was lovely tonight. Big night for EastEnders and they handled so gracefully considering.

They also deserved it... Corrie is my favourite but EE throughly deserved it!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah OP it was a really nice touch, you could see from quite near the start of the show that Corrie's cast, Bill Roache and Rita (actress name escapes me) were very reserved and I could see how moved they were when Adam did that, I'd like to think if the shoe was on the other foot and EE had lost a long standing cast member, corrie would do the same
  • kelly_barnardkelly_barnard Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keibro wrote: »
    Without Coronation Street, there would have been no Brookside and no Emmerdale or EastEnders.

The BBC rejected the idea for Coronation Street over 50 years ago.

Adam Woodyatt made a beautiful speech and dedicating the award to the "WeatherfieldOne" showed that despite all the crap in the media, the stars of EastEnders and Coronation Street and all the soaps respect each other.

It was a really lovely moment seeing Corrie and EastEnders united in a tribute to Anne Kirkbride.

thats what I said too 😊
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Woodyatt has been interviewed on various shows to discuss the Lucy Beale storyline and he seems a lovely guy.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved how Adam pointed out that without Corrie there'd be no EastEnders or any other soaps. Also liked how he referenced Anne/Deirdre as 'The Weatherfield One' too.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I loved how Adam pointed out that without Corrie there'd be no EastEnders or any other soaps. Also liked how he referenced Anne/Deirdre as 'The Weatherfield One' too.

I noticed some of the Corrie cast looked emotional as Adam gave his speech.

And yes, Adam gave a lovely speech. Because hes a lovely guy.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I noticed some of the Corrie cast looked emotional as Adam gave his speech.

And yes, Adam gave a lovely speech. Because hes a lovely guy.

I noticed that too. I wasn't really expecting Adam to reference Corrie in any way but it was lovely of him to do so.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best moment of the night.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice and gracious, well done Adam :)
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please he didn't think of that himself, he was told to say it.
    Is that why everyone else on the stage around him looked surprised?
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Im not Adams biggest fan but theres no denying that he did a very lovely and dignified thing there-the Corrie cast looked truly touched.Barbara Knox looked highly emotional understandably like she was welling up in tears.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Oh please he didn't think of that himself, he was told to say it.

Pat thats you allowing your traditional scepticism borne of the magnificent scottish enlightenment slipping into cynicism!Time for you to relax and chill and open a few bottles of scottish Crabbies Ginger ale and turn that cynicism into positivity and sunshine!:D;-)
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart went out to the cast of Corrie tonight, they looked so sombre.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a really nice moment.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a non EE viewer I'm so happy they won, it was so sweet how Adam honoured Anne in his speech. Well done EE :)
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got a link??

A bit crappy due to copy right but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuC7WdTT0M
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicely done Adam. Nice guy