David Tennant Joins Fright Night Remake SFX
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    A former Doctor Who and Nu-Trek's Chekov ? They've
    got the sci-fi audience interested...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of a shame, the original was pretty good, and somewhat subversive.

Though it has probably suffered from Amanda Bearse's later career.
  • ChwastChwast Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    brilliant. another pointless re-make of a great little film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the original Roddy McDowall is just so brilliant and had tons of charisma. Can't wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this needed in the Doctor Who forum. It's the DW forum, not the 'What David Tennant had for breakfast' forum. We could have a singular thread about Matt Smiths breakfast, but not a new one every time he eats something, but not David Tennant's.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this needed in the Doctor Who forum. It's the DW forum, not the 'What David Tennant had for breakfast' forum.

Indeed. There is a movies forum after all :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Testicles.

Though remaking FN is unnecessary, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that if it involves DT it is of interest to the audience. It is a pity that he hasn't found a better vehicle, whilst DW isn't his best Tennant is as good as any DW ever.

Be interesting to see Chris in Lennon, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aardvark85 wrote: »
    Testicles.

Though remaking FN is unnecessary, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that if it involves DT it is of interest to the audience. It is a pity that he hasn't found a better vehicle, whilst DW isn't his best Tennant is as good as any DW ever.

Be interesting to see Chris in Lennon, though.

Well no matter what some fans feel about his Doctor, there is no denying that Doctor Who is behind his succesful carear, or reason for name in the limelight. So in that sense technically his best role, for him especailly, will always be the role of the Doctor.

Agree with the rest though. Most who are fans of David, are also fans of Doctor Who, and if they are like me, and don't visit other forums like the movie one, well this is the main port of call....so it is relevent to post it here...

I am also looking forward to seeing CE and Naoko Mori in Lennon too....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved the original...glad to see David in remake - hope its good!!

as for posting things that David is doing now that he's left DW, I am glad for it. I like to keep up with what all past Doctor's are doing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a thread about MS being in Christopher Isherwoods film, so what's the problem?
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tennant a lot, but having seen the original Fright Night many times as a child, I can safely say that he will never be able to replace Roddy McDowall as Peter Vincent. He was brilliant.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    I like Tennant a lot, but having seen the original Fright Night many times as a child, I can safely say that he will never be able to replace Roddy McDowall as Peter Vincent. He was brilliant.

Agreed. This is a totally pointless remake. It's gonna suck donkey balls.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Roddy Mcowell. And I like David Tennant. Which is better? Only one way to find out.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »
    Agreed. This is a totally pointless remake. It's gonna suck donkey balls.

In all fairness most Film* remakes are pointless...and never really as good as the original.....but that doesn't stop the big wigs!

*I say film in particular as TV sometimes gets it right eg, haven't seen it myself, but have heard lots of great things about BSG....