Options

What was everyone doing on that tragic day of 7/7/05 ?

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
6 years ago on 7th July 2005, terrorist scum killed 52 people in a cowardly attack on London's transport system. I was due to go to Oxford that day to see an old school friend, but oversleeping ended up possibly saving my life.

What was everyone else doing on that tragic day ?.

RIP to all of those killed in the attack. :(.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was unemployed, so not much.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i remember it well as i was supposed to get a root canal in london that morning
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    11 years ago? :confused:

I was stuck in traffic for most of it as London ground to a halt.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to remember where I was when I heard of JFK's assassination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    it was 6 years ago and i have no idea.
  • Options
    OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on holiday in Athens. I didn't always watch daytime TV but felt a strange urge to switch on that day - forget which channel it was maybe CNN, I was quite shocked.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at work and as I'm in a shop the only information we heard was via customers.

It was one of the strangest/saddest days I've had at work as everyone was quiet and solemn and it was difficult to act as normal after hearing about each attack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrating my 12th birthday and was at school when a girl randomly walked out of the staff room and started crying and nobody knew what was going on at first :o
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11 years ago? :confused:

I was stuck in traffic for most of it as London ground to a halt.

Have no idea why I typed 11 years ago, have now edited it. :o
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,637
    Forum Member
    I was at home & put the TV on around 9am, to find there was chaos in London with a News Special, & no one on TV quite knew what the cause was.untill the reports of an explosion on a bus.

Exactly a week before i was on a bus[68]going down that very road.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,007
    Forum Member
    I was at work, working in a primary school at the time. I remember one of the teachers had had her classroom TV on and came to tell us what had happened, one of our colleagues was absolutely beside herself as her daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren lived in London and that would have been their routes to work. As it happened they were running late with the school run and work so missed being caught up in it. I also remember the day before we'd had the TV on in school again at lunchtime and everyone had been delighted as it was announced that London had won the 2012 olympic bid. Such a constrast in moods from the elation of that the previous day to the sombre mood the next, it was hard to believe the school had been so joyful the previous day.
  • Options
    reishunreishun Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in school I vaguely remember we spent the rest of the day in our form room with the news on.
  • Options
    Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At work. Knew nothing about it until a work colleague who was coming to London phoned to say he was turning back as London was being bombed. Luckily everyone had arrived at work before it all kicked off. We found a TV in the office, watched what was going on and then were told to go home as it was pointless trying to get any work done. We were in South London and I had to get to North London. I walked from Clapham to Camden before I managed to get any transport. It was very eerie walking accross town. Loads of people, but it was kind of silent. Didn't really know the full horror until I saw the news that evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting in Form at school aged 12, waiting to go on a school trip to Conkers when a fellow student came in and told us that London was being bombed.

However the 7th seems to be rather early for rewards day, so maybe I'm mixing it up and it was just a normal day. Either way I can't remember it being discussed or mentioned again after first being told. Which I know sounds odd.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was posting about it on here, but I don't think I had a lot to say
  • Options
    HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at work waiting to hear news of a job interview that I had had. The agency had been messing them around so I rang up to complain and tear them off a strip only to find out about the chaos around them - they were based in Aldgate. I had no idea as I hadn't heard the news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    I remember the actual day well, not particularly because of the nature of what happend what with me being young, I just remember the day. I was at home skiving my school's Sports Day, I lived near the school and couldn't go out in case anyone saw me.
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    I canny remember. I know what I was doing when Diana died though.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a pcso on patrol in central London south of the river but along the southbank .........

A day I will never forget too be honest I still have nightmares about it

RIP :cry:
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,477
    Forum Member
    I could remember like it was yesterday,

I was off from Sixth Form, I was at home watching This Morning, then all of sudden This Morning was shut off and ITV had switched to a special News bulletin, they was saying that a bus had exploded in a Square, several of the tube stations had also been blown up too, they was saying that is was caused by terrorist and that buses was being used to take the casualties to hospital and also later that day I was celebrating my belated birthday by going to a Chinese restaurant with family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I was caught up in the chaos over ground at Kings Cross as was late for work and couldn't get on the Piccadilly line that day. For me it was really a matter of moments and I potentially would have been on that train, I was outside Kings Cross just after. Horrible. My thoughts go to all those lost, and those who lost people and the truly brave emergency services. It was utterly utterly horrific and like the poster above I will never forget it. I can remeber trying to call my sister who was safe at home to ask if I was walking into or away from something. Work was dreadful as people tried to find out if loved ones were ok. It was a horrible day. I remeber walking home to North London from the centre of town as there was obviously no transport, it was like some silent march. I still cry when I think about it.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the time of the attacks, I was on my way to work sitting on a bus wondering why so many holdups. Ironically, I was a nurse due to be starting work in A&E in one of the recieving hospitals. I got to work late but at least I got there.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    I just remember the confusion and panic, there were reports of power surges on the tube causing a train to derail followed by more power surges and possible injuries. It wasn't until the news came through that a bus had exploded and the Sky News helicopter had been blocked from flying over the scene made it clear that something more sinister had happened.

Going home on the bus that afternoon was completely different from the usual commute, the bus was much emptier than it would be at that time of day as a lot of people chose to walk home. Whenever someone got on or off you could feel everyone turning to look at them briefly before looking away again. Walking through the bus station and town after getting off the bus was a strange feeling as well, it was busy but very quiet and the only people speaking were London Underground staff and the police who were answering questions and reassuring people.

Once I got home I just watched the news all night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    I was having my birthday party :( ..
    Its a huge coincidence that they attacked on my birthday July 7th, as my father & brother's birthday is September 11th, and we all know what happened that day :( ..
    RIP to all the victims!! :(
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at work, someone muttered something about the IRA and that was that.