Options

Who Should Have Won?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted Tom - with Susan as runner up, though I could see why people liked Helen. You'd want her to manage your business for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this series was the best Apprentice series, it was great TV. All the finalists were great, I think tom deserved his win but the finalists were all great to watch, very good tv.
    the last program with the fast food task was brilliant and so was the final.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got to go for Susan. Yes, she was too optimistic, but her plan was still workable on a smaller scale than she'd envisaged.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Susan, I really thought her business plan was the best, apart from the over-ambitious annual NET profit.

Indeed she could have expanded her number of market slots, ramped up her website and done some advertising. That wasn't her plan but it wasn't won by a better plan as he tore up and binned all of Tom's plan. There's no reason to think that Susan's plan scaled back wouldn't work and with more cash flow she might have been well placed to take it then to another stage.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Susan, but it's not my show :D it's Lord Sugar's so I am happy if he is happy.

But he was not happy. "I cannot express enough my disappointment...." said he with the face of a condemned man trudging up the steps to the scaffold because there was no way out. Helen's unrealistic business plan made it impossible for Sugar to do what he wanted to and planned to do. Had he accepted Helen's last-minute 10-words substitute plan the whole world would have called it favouritism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan. And you could see AS really liked her and thinks she has a great future.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    None, because all the business plans were rubbish.

Playing devil's advocate a bit, you could argue the premise of this year's Apprentice made no sense. Think about it.. why would Sugar risk money on someone else's business plan? Sugar has made his money from his own business plans, from investing in things he's seen. Why would he care that much about someone else's ideas? It's not really believable.

I think next series they should tweak the format and have Sugar deciding the business plan. In episode one Sugar could say "I have plans to market this new (whatever it is - could be a product or a service) and the winner will be my partner. Whoever is the best candidate after 12 tasks will work with me."

That might be a better format because it's Sugar's plan not the candidates. I think Sugar is going to have less passion, less enthusiasm for someone else's plan particularly if it's someone like Tom! No offence meant but he's hardly Mr Strong Backbone is he!

Sugar deciding the plan in week one would make it fairer on all the candidates. Sugar would base his decision on how well the candidates do after all the tasks which wasn't the case this year when Tom won.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    I'll stay say Susan but in a way she's already won.
    Susan put up such a stellar charismatic performance on YF this 21yo Cinderella is going to be a TV celebrity going well beyond the typecasting of The Apprentice. Who knows, will she be offered a film part?
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Susan should have won.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rather pointless question! LS made his choice based on the obvious talents that Tom has so what others now think is irrelevant.

So, everybody else's opinion is irrelevant? How old are you? And would you be saying that if your favourite didn't win?

LS has his opinion, we don't all have to follow him like sheep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tom deserved to win it. Had Susan not overlooked some vital details (the legal stuff) and not embellished her projected turnover, I would have imagined she'd have won.
    Helen's business plan was crap, but had this been the old prize, she'd have won by a mile.
    Jim had no chance.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom was the only fresh thinker there. Surprised he won but glad he did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Tom was a deserving winner given the new 'prize' awarded to the winner.