1120121122123124126»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    From Moans:

"I received a letter the other day telling me my £7,000 overdraft facility has been reduced to £3,000 as punishment because I have not been using the overdraft to its capacity."

Um... and exactly how does she square this with her claims last your of being something like £150,000 in debt ? Wasn't she into the red left, right and centre ?

Funny how LJ's bank (still NatWest, presumably) trusts her enough to grant an overdraft facility as high as £3k!
    I wrote last week in You magazine how I felt close to suicide. The final straw had come at NatWest when Paula refused to let me withdraw £20 to get me through the next few days. I begged. I reminded her I’d been a customer since 1978. All to no avail.
    I was in despair. I had no one to turn to. I won’t go into why I found myself unable to afford food, heating, petrol. I can only say I was landed with a huge project with no warning, and stupidly continued......

On Friday, which happened to be Good Friday – a misnomer if ever there was one – I phoned my bank, NatWest, to check the state of my account. ‘You’re £500 over your overdraft limit,’ the young man said crossly........
    I calculated I could buy one bottle of cava or ten cans of dog food. I plumped for the latter, although the decision took a while....

It's a miracle! :rolleyes:

PS: Welcome, Rose Thorn :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the welcome guys.:)

My view on the FRS (since you asked, Seabird) is that he is a complete fabrication. To believe even for one second that a famous rock star in his forties who has slept with 'some of the most beautiful women in the world' (although as far as I recall he missed me out;)) would opt to go out with Ms Jones really is grounds for sectioning under some aspect of the mental health act. I never believed he existed but since reading this thread and its predecessor (oh yes, I read the whole lot) and seeing the sterling work that Bellagio did cross referencing her stupid lies/fantasies just confirmed it. As everyone says, why no pics? Especially after all the jealous looks she was apparently getting from the young girls when she was with him backstage! I am keen to see how she is going to extricate herself though.
    Oh, and I know I'm a bit late with this but I've only just found you - someone was asking whether anyone had ever e-mailed Ms Jones and whether they'd received a reply. I e-mailed her when she was whining about the 'puppies' not being house trained and chewing her soft furnishings. Having owned dogs all my life, including a couple of resecued ones, I thought I could help. She replied about 2 months later saying that she was too busy to read all her e-mails but that if I had an animal that I needed rescuing then to e-mail back with that in the subject line! Needless to say I wouldn't let her near any animal I owned.
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I e-mailed her when she was whining about the 'puppies' not being house trained and chewing her soft furnishings. Having owned dogs all my life, including a couple of resecued ones, I thought I could help. She replied about 2 months later saying that she was too busy to read all her e-mails but that if I had an animal that I needed rescuing then to e-mail back with that in the subject line! Needless to say I wouldn't let her near any animal I owned.

That was a very kind gesture of you to offer to help Liz, was it an automated response from her? I imagine that she would have a minion to go through her emails and reply to them (unless it's that much hoped for one from the real Jim Kerr). If the responses to her columns are anything to go by I can imagine some of the vitriolic emails she must receive. Must have been a shock to receive one offering assistance, shame she was 'too busy' to give you a proper reply.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I e-mailed her when she was whining about the 'puppies' not being house trained and chewing her soft furnishings. Having owned dogs all my life, including a couple of resecued ones, I thought I could help. She replied about 2 months later saying that she was too busy to read all her e-mails...

Really ? But she wasn't too busy to read the 4,100 emails in her inbox the morning after the Wail had published her "woe is me, I'm broke, I'm going to end it all (oh, please, don't tease me...)", was she ?

Rosie, you may have picked up that IRL I'm a researcher, which why I find Jones so fascinating. Not because she's a challenge (she's not: trust me, working out The Beach Boys early history, or recording sessions is like brain surgery compared with Jones) but because, as I said in the Moans comments today, she completely ignores the basic rules of being a good liar: remember what you said, who you said it to, when you said it and where you said it. Honestly, it's like shooting fish in a barrel with a bazooka.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    Ooh, I've just notice that of the 3 readers comments that have so far sneaked their way into the bottom of the Moans column that myself (Jay, Europe) is next to a certain 'Sarah', Farnham, Surrey. Bellagio, it is an honour sir to be in the trenches with you!;). p.s. does 'Sarah' have a blue dressing gown as well?:D
    This reminds me of the short Science Fiction story about someone who pays to travel back in time to watch the execution of Christ. The twist is when they discover that the spectators are ALL time travellers. It seems the comments on the Daily Mail are predominantly from DS alumni. You are feeding the monster that is Liz Jones and her fanciful stories:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Just found it amusing that in the hard copy of the Daily Mail (my neighbour passes it on to me - that's my story and I'm sticking to it; unlike Liz) the Jones Moans column is next to an interview with Ruby Wax which has these interesting comments.

I am studying for a Master’s degree in cognitive therapy at Oxford University and I read a lot of books about human behaviour. One of my favourites is Working With Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. It’s about understanding how your own psyche works, listening more and not projecting your thoughts on to others. Perhaps we could get Liz a copy for Christmas.:)

I’m very good at listening and keeping a secret. If someone tells me something, I’ll never breathe a word of it to another living soul. I think it’s a real gift when someone feels able to tell you something in the knowledge that you will protect that information An entirely alien concept to our Liz.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2032312/Ruby-Wax-I-HAVE-Botox-career-depends-face.html#ixzz1WjAQTf94

Bellagio, as you say, she breaks all the rules of telling lies. I, on the other hand, am excellent at telling porkies and never forget what I've told people which may be why she intrigues me so greatly.
  • Options
    astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this forum used to be q
  • Options
    astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I was about to make a post then changed my mind !
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    astor wrote: »
    this forum used to be q
    .....uite good? quaint? quiet? quality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is from a farming forum: real farmers, not people who play at having animals around them because... well, because they like it.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=55839
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Nice posts from the farmers in that link, plus good suggestion about starting a 'Rage Against The Machine' type campaign against her. The farmers thoroughly destroyed all her stupid 'pensions for cows' article.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted in this weeks Moans:

"Who's Liz Jones?

- Jim Kerr, Italy, 1/9/2011 20:38"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    This reminds me of the short Science Fiction story about someone who pays to travel back in time to watch the execution of Christ. The twist is when they discover that the spectators are ALL time travellers. It seems the comments on the Daily Mail are predominantly from DS alumni. You are feeding the monster that is Liz Jones and her fanciful stories:p:D

I do see your point SinSeer (though I never thought I'd see Liz Jones and the execution of Christ linked by an analogy!) Yes, we are in essence 'feeding the monster' but when she blatantly lies then I think her distorted facts need to be challenged and exposed, even at the risk of giving her more attention.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Who's Liz Jones?

Choked on my tuna sandwich there Bellagio:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't me... and damn, I wish I'd done that ! :D
  • Options
    SharanskiSharanski Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Who's Liz Jones?

Please please please all GREEN arrow this comment of this genius person !!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2032244/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Press-want-driven-mad-phone-robot.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Who's Liz Jones?

Wouldn't it be brilliant if it REALLY was Jim Kerr? :D
  • Options
    newbabynewbaby Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    It seems the comments on the Daily Mail are predominantly from DS alumni. You are feeding the monster that is Liz Jones and her fanciful stories:p:D

I am wearing a sweatshirt saying "I graduated" on the front and "24 hours ago" on the reverse. Although hastily cobbled together out of a blue towel, and the script (in DS collegiate colours) is rather untidy, it's quirky novelty factor was remarked upon by someone in the village (fashion editor for well-known backwater publication: The Blankshire Times).

Sometimes feeding the monster isn't such a bad thing, as one knows the appetite becomes satiated: left hungry, untold horrors might unfold.
  • Options
    CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member

"Who's Liz Jones?

Who could it be ;);)

I also posted another comment which they DIDN'T print!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were it really JK, the text would go something like this:

"My lawyers will be in touch, Ms Jones"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the lovely newbies but I must say I'm not happy with the unnecessary comments about Katy Perry :( I'm no fan of her at all but I think her body is great and as a 26yr old girl, I appreciate the presence of all non-toothpick women in showbiz. Must we slate her? Must we? Surely we should use our combined powers for good and knock Grotbags off her perch once and for all, instead of calling famous girls with perfectly lovely bodies "chunky".
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,835
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)
This discussion has been closed.