Comedians who should be kicked off our screens ?

Comments

• Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can put up with most of those named so far -except Sarah MIllican -but please -am I the only one who cannot stand Johnny Vegas?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One that I think should be on MORE often is Omid Djalili , where is he these days ?

acting hes been in quit a few films
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only one i dont get is Keith lemon although he`s a character does that count also Russel Howard.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, it's the "humour is subjective" thread again. Hi "humour is subjective" thread!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One that I think should be on MORE often is Omid Djalili , where is he these days ?

He's on Radcliffe & Maconies' show on 6music on Tuesday.:)
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Chris Addison .... soooo unfunny and exaggerated
    Jimmy Carr
    Ross Noble
    Al Murray
    Dara O'Brien

Replace with: Russell Brand, Jason Byrne, Stewart Francis, Scott Capurro
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokee wrote: »
    At least three of the people you have named are absolutely terrific. If you don't like them then don't watch them. As the meerkat says 'simples'

Why read this thread if you are not going to contribute anything useful! :confused: If you don't like the thread don't read it 'simples':rolleyes:

That Milton Jones is unbearable, I struggle to find what anyone could find amusing.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same reason I didn't say Jerry Sadowitz.

Sadowitz is a legend. And he told everyone the truth about Jimmy Saville, and no one listened.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Why read this thread if you are not going to contribute anything useful! :confused: If you don't like the thread don't read it 'simples':rolleyes:

How can either you or the poster you're quoting decide if they enjoy a thread/comedian without first watching/reading it?

Or are you indeed judging them just by their appearance/something other than their comedy, because there's a well known saying that covers that.

Ah, it's the traditional "Grumpy old men railing at funnier, younger men" thread. Comedians now, is it?

Fine, Jim Davidson has never been funny, and you can't use P.C. as an excuse.
    Even when society was more tolerant of the horrid racist things he used to say, his act was still crap and unfunny.

Billy Connoly. Always wins comedy polls somehow, despite not even being slightly funny.

Oh god...I'm turning into one of them now :(
    I'll just end with an easy line that everyone in this thread will agree with:

Lembit Opik: not funny at all. Yet tried stand up.
    You do the shagging a cheeky girl, we'll do the jokes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Billy Connolly hasnt been funny for over a decade
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Dara O'Briens material aint bad but I just cant stand his delivery.
    His habit of ending every sentence errr, withe the word errr., al la 1970s comedians err, drives me mad, errrrrrr!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

He was interviewed on This Morning last week
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »

That Milton Jones is unbearable, I struggle to find what anyone could find amusing.

But what is "useful" about a thread that is basically saying only people I like can be on TV?

You could apply this to every TV programme and every film ever made and you will always find someone who doesn't like it, so should everything be "banned" because at least one person doesn't like it?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wolfticket wrote: »
    Hey, it's the "humour is subjective" thread again. Hi "humour is subjective" thread!
    Oddly the people who are happy to say how rubbish comedians are never actually name ones they find hilarious.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what is "useful" about a thread that is basically saying only people I like can be on TV? ...

Stop those and you would lose half or more of the postings on Digital Spy.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Stop those and you would lose half or more of the postings on Digital Spy.

Indeed, plus we're entitled to an opinion whether we like something or not.

Sarah Millican the word overkill applies especially to her,
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with those who are, basically, saying that one person's crap is another's Christmas. There are certain comedians (and I use the term loosely) who I can't stand but I don't think they should be 'banned from telly'. We're grown ups and know how to use a remote or protest loudly about something we regard as dull or offensive. Also, it's possible to have ambiguous or changing opinions on the same person. For example, much as I've slagged off Frankie Boyle here on DS and don't particularly like him as an individual, I can't deny I've laughed at some of his stuff, particularly when he was on Mock The Week. I also think the 'overkill' factor has something to do with it. If someone is over-exposed, they can't always keep the pace with new material so they start to recycle their jokes and that can be annoying. Some of the comedians often cited as 'the greats', I can't stand; others I really enjoy. Also, seeing them on telly, as some people have said, might be a very different experience to seeing them live.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoLuc wrote: »
    I'm funnier than all of them.
    Just need a sponsor willing to send me a cheque.
    No guarantees though.

You are definitely not.

It should be a badge of honour for a comedian to be listed on threads like this.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's all down to taste.

I don't like Stew Francis or Milton Jones that much, but others find them hilarious. I'd much rather go and see Jack Whitehall or Sarah Milligan, but again others dislike them.

World would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Corden, the least funny person I've ever had the misfortune to witness!
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    I think it's all down to taste.

I don't like Stew Francis or Milton Jones that much, but others find them hilarious. I'd much rather go and see Jack Whitehall or Sarah Milligan, but again others dislike them.

World would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

If someone gave me a jack whitehall ticket id either give it away again or use it to blow my nose
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    All of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Michael McIntyre
    Forum Member
    What is with all the sarah millican hatred ?:confused:

In general , comediennes are pretty crap , Gina Yashere, Andi Osho, Linda Smith, Jo caulfield , Lucy Porter etc are all bloody awful :eek:, but I find millican to be a rarity in a comedienne who is funny. I say leave her alone as she is good at what she does and id pay to see her.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP must be a right miserable old sod.

Who does make your face crack a smile then ?