Oscar Predictions

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spielberg's in, it's Affleck who missed out.

Whoops. Too much coffee and less focus on reading :D:D - edited and tweaked.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Go Bradley!!! :D

Knew you would be pleased:D

And Silver Linings Playbook got nominations in all the acting categories, which is rare.

I'll have to go and see what the fuss is about now:D

Will Anne Hathaway sing her way through her inevitable thank you speech?:D
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Not too many surprises with the official nominees.
    I thought The Master or Moonrise Kingdom might get Best Film noms, but DELIGHTED that Amour is in the best film as well as foreign film section. :)

Three acting noms for The Master, would have been a travesty had they not got them. I've not seen Lincoln or Les Mis yet, neither appeals to me greatly. I love the stage Musical of Les Mis saw Colm Wilkinson in it and it was superb but the trailer for the film looks terrible. :eek:

Delighted for Beasts of the Southern Wilds, one of my films of the year, great to see small independents like this and Amour garnering praise over the big studios.

As I expected no nom for Affleck, Argo was good but he had steep competition, his time will come.

Emmanuelle Riva would be a delight to win best actress, but they will probably go with someone more commercial like Lawerence.

It's been a good year for film, few good releases over the next few weeks too. :)
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The last film to get nominations in all four acting categories was Reds in 1981. Was surprised to see both Jackman and Cooper nommed but well done to both. The supporting actor category looks the toughest to call.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think next year it will be Naomi Vs Nicole Kidman. They are both playing princesses (Naomi playing Diana and Nicole playing Princess grace). But Naomi Watts is an very underrated actress and although i have yet to see her performance, i have high hopes for it and think it should come down between her and Jennifer. Apart from Jessica, the 4 actresses nominated are incredibly strong and each offer something different in each performance.

Nicole Kidman was robbed personally. She should be replaced with Sally Field, whose performance was nothing to write home about.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knew you would be pleased:D

And Silver Linings Playbook got nominations in all the acting categories, which is rare.

I'll have to go and see what the fuss is about now:D

Will Anne Hathaway sing her way through her inevitable thank you speech?:D

It's brilliant :)

Looking forward to seeing Les Mis