Curling - A Scottish or a British success?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    1) To the thread title question - I saw it as primarly a British success since the curlers were competing for GB. That didn't stop me as a Scot being proud of their achievements as Scots, and having that bit more interest because they were Scottish.

2) To the separate poll question - no, I would not be happy to see an independent Scotland team in future Olympic Games. That though would be one almost inevitable consequence of a Yes vote to independence. And while I like GB being a unified team as now, my no response here has much more to do with the fact that I personally am fundamentally against independence for much more than sporting reasons.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see it as a British team, it's funded by everyone from all four corners of the UK.

Got to admit, I thought the BBC coverage was overkill on curling, I get that people are proud but other sports were relegated to a 10 second mention on the BBC highlights show...yet we got another repetative interview with Muirhead or Murdoch instead....yawn.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little update....here in England we are still awaiting that second rink @ Bracknell. Still going through the planning stages afaik. Spent half an hour trying to find out the latest :confused:

Jeez, we sure know how to get things done down here >:(