Options

Oh dear : Konnie made a major clanger by telling all 16 acts they were going on tour

EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only eight acts will be on the X Factor tour......how embarrassing :eek:

Comments

• Options
    lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    has that been confirmed? i thought they may raise it to top 12 tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    She corrected herself after a few seconds and said it was only the Top 8.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa1972 wrote: »
    has that been confirmed? i thought they may raise it to top 12 tbh

The Sun says the top 8 will go on tour and a red-faced Konnie had to tell them after The Xtra Factor she had messed up :o
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, very cringey, and she made at least one other one too which I can't remember. Made me wonder if she's ever watched XF or made any effort to catch up on past series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raiven14 wrote: »
    She corrected herself after a few seconds and said it was only the Top 8.

Did she?? I didn't even notice that : she made a big announcement that they were going on tour and they all cheered.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Only eight acts will be on the X Factor tour......how embarrassing :eek:

And she said they were going to a break when they weren't + Simon on Sinitta + She was looking for someone who was sat right next to her :eek: ... Is she always so rubbish?It was the first time I had seen her on the Xtra factor.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might get so bad at this it will be interesting to watch in a weird way.

We could have a Konnie's cock up thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    She might get so bad at this it will be interesting to watch in a weird way.

I loved it,it was almost slapstick.I kept expecting her to stand on a rake that was going to fling up and hit her in the face :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    I loved it,it was almost slapstick.I kept expecting her to stand on a rake that was going to fling up and hit her in the face :D

you mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6mzLVdhKI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Konnie doing the Xtra Factor. She isn't full of herself like some of the previous presenters and I like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Konnie isn't rubbish! Holly wasn't perfect all the time, no previous presenter of any show has been perfect!

I missed the Xtra Factor this week - will catch up. Is it live?
  • Options
    louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Konnie isn't rubbish! Holly wasn't perfect all the time, no previous presenter of any show has been perfect!

I missed the Xtra Factor this week - will catch up. Is it live?

Am I the only person who really liked it when Ben Shepherd hosted it? I thought he did a great job and didn't really understand the need to change it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I the only person who really liked it when Ben Shepherd hosted it? I thought he did a great job and didn't really understand the need to change it...

He quit in a strop because they gave the main show job to Dermot instead of him.(Although his official line was it was out of loyalty to Kate Thornton)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I lover Ben, why the hell did they get rid of him. They always change things thinking its for the better, this is not for the better.
  • Options
    LucasPocusLucasPocus Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Someone reliable told me FYD were doing the tour so maybe it is all of them?
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The Sun says the top 8 will go on tour and a red-faced Konnie had to tell them after The Xtra Factor she had messed up :o

That is what normally happens every year;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucasPocus wrote: »
    Someone reliable told me FYD were doing the tour so maybe it is all of them?

If it's at 16 they may as well make it into a proper festival!:D
  • Options
    Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also messed up announcing a break when there wasn't one and we had to endure more from the notoriously publicity shy Sinitta reminiscing about her and Simon back in Roman times. I think she is (relatively) better on the live show than during the audition stages, the studio setting suits her more than "out and about reporter". I think she comes across a lot more sincere with the contestants. Holly could look doe eyed and pouty but she switched moods so fast you just knew she was thinking about how much boob she should show in her next outfit or something equally trivial
  • Options
    sandy4268sandy4268 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    It was car crash TV, so bad it was good.

Konnie "You're all going on tour together"
    wooping and cheering from all the acts
    Konnie "Well not all of you"
  • Options
    sandy4268sandy4268 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    To Belle Amie:-

Konnie- "I've been speaking to Mel C"
    Belle Amie (excited) - "wow, great, really"
    Konnie "she said you had a long way to go"
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,634
    Forum Member
    Konnie has been great, i'm not sure if she knows she is doing it, but it comes across in such a deadpan way. Her hubby is after all Charlie Brooker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Was it a mistake or a 'joke'..... :rolleyes: I thought it was mean. They all looked pretty confused, staring around at one another as if to say 'whats going on??' then getting excited and happy at this new information, then she informed them that only the final eight obviously. Really disliking Konnie as the host of Xtra Factor and cannot see that changing.
  • Options
    ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy4268 wrote: »
    It was car crash TV, so bad it was good.

Konnie "You're all going on tour together"
    wooping and cheering from all the acts
    Konnie "Well not all of you"

Hahaha! that sounds hilarious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is doing a grand job lol. I got tired of holly's fluttering eyelashes.