Options

wow so obvious Glee are miming lol GTFO!!

Comments

• Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    How do you know when they haven't even gave you an answer?

I don't but im not claiming something factual. I said earlier i think they're only miming the da da da bit
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was live the main singers anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    They don't need to mime, most of them are former broadway performers!

Yeah because nobody ever mimes on Broadway or in the West End :rolleyes:

Bless...
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    We all agree that it SOUNDED live because whether they were singing it there and then or not it was a live performance. So calling people deaf and stupid is ridiculous. It clearly wasn't the original record. No one is that dumb.

I just think it was clear that they were miming to the pre-recorded performance by watching their lip syncing and the fact with so many people on stage it would have been really difficult for them to have done that as well as they did.

Pray do tell when the cast had time to record these pre recorded vocals? They were missing a member due to tight filming schedules and pre recorded their X Factor performance on SATURDAY so they could fly back today.

They had only ALL arrived by late Friday/early Saturday and would have had to record a brand new version from the norm, as Chris Colfer (the missing member) normally has a significant part of the song. There simply wasn't enough time or any point in recording some pre recorded vocals.

They've managed having that many on stage, many a time and each performance has clearly been wholly live.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P81YjQUfkQY
    If they can manage it on tour why couldn't they in a TV studio?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Glee but that was a mess of a performance.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh my head hurts from some of the stupid posts on this thread. The da da da parts were a backing track that they were miming to but the rest of the song were totally live vocals. All i can say you must all think they're great singers then if you can't tell the difference between their live vocals and their studio recordings, so well done for giving the cast unintentional praise :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    dizzie wrote: »
    I don't think any of it was mimed - the first 'da da da da' is in 4-part harmony and the boys sing the descant which IS'NT the 'da da da da' bit but the lower part. I think people saw Cory singing that and presumed that he was miming the upper part of the harmony out of time.

This isn't, after all, the first time they've sung this song!! They managed it both on Oprah and at The White House fully live sounding exactly the same. If anything, the sound mix was pretty bad and Lea's mic was set far too low and some of the others (Kevin and Naya's) a bit high.

I don't think any of it was mimed either. The beginning looks like everyone's miming badly because it's a harmony and they're all singing different parts. If you listen and pick out the different sounds you can clearly see everyone's in time with their part of the harmony.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were singing parts and no words were coming out...there are x factor stooges on here.
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    they all had ear pieces in - why do that if they weren't singing live?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    They were singing parts and no words were coming out...there are x factor stooges on here.

I think you're getting confused with lyrics being sung and harmonies being sung at the same time. Only a few sing the words, the rest do all the "ba da" stuff in the background so that'll be why it looked like they were singing and not saying anything
  • Options
    KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The singing WAS live no doubt, the backing track harmony was mimed but so what?!

OP thread /fail.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Why did the black girl feel the need to scream in Cowell's face?
  • Options
    stumcdstumcd Posts: 250
    Forum Member

Because he rejected her from American Idol I think.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was rejected when she auditioned for American Idol she was proving how wrong the people involved with AI were to reject her.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Yeah I thought the backing vocals were quite blatantly mimed, but the main vocals were clearly sung live. I don't see why there's a debate. It's rather obvious.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The da da da looked mimed but the individual vocals were 100% live. And they were ALL great. Loved it. Visually it could have looked better but considering they were only there for one night, hardly a lot of time to rehearse for that arena.

Lea showed all of the contestants up. She and Amber have extraordinary voices.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    I have never seen Glee before and thought they were atrocious. They would not have got to boot camp had they entered themselves for the X Factor.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    I have never seen Glee before and thought they were atrocious. They would not have got to boot camp had they entered themselves for the X Factor.

Lmao. XF would be lucky to get contestants of their calibre.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    babinaba wrote: »
    they all had ear pieces in - why do that if they weren't singing live?

having ear pieces does not mean they were not miming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is littered with mic pops. Listen to the first time Lea Michele sings, she pops almost every word and you can clearly see her doing it. These mime threads are getting old. What next... Dermot mimes? He's actually a poor, pretty mute boy just being given a chance in life by Syco & ITV. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    Parneb wrote: »
    having ear pieces does not mean they were not miming.

but what would be the point of having them if they were miming. Anyways, they weren't, it was quite obvious that the lead vocals were live. And their mics were switched on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the start was mimed but all the actual singing bits were live and i have to say i did love it when amber riley went up to simon (i said in another thread it was like her sticking 2 fingers up at him for her not getting through on american idol!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the start was mimed but all the actual singing bits were live and i have to say i did love it when amber riley went up to simon (i said in another thread it was like her sticking 2 fingers up at him for her not getting through on american idol!)

Loved it :) she is ace!!!
  • Options
    cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pathetic embarrasing performance. it was ridiculous having that geek in the wheelchair and that fat ugly dame.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouTube of the performance is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAd8YP1IKO8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

for me watching it back confirms what I thought, sung live.

Anyone who knows anything about lip syncing will tell you the number one thing people do is hold the microphone as close to their mouth as possible almost covering it up.

So why do The glee cast and Lea Michele and Cory Monteith in particular hold the microphone as FAR away from their mouths as possible? You can perfectly see they all sing their parts live, to me that looks obvious:confused:

that 'geek in the wheelchair' was a character, the whole thing was in character, like the 'kids from McKinley High' really were going over to perform on x factor, hence the VT with the teachers in character.

I could understand the avalanche of complaints about the da da da bit at the beginning but after that? No way. See the blond guy at the front? He is new to DSB would they really go to the trouble of recording some pre recorded vocals just to feature him? More to the point why go to all the trouble of getting them here, just to have them mime? You might not realise it but undoubtedly Simon will have had to go through A LOT to get this booking given filming schedules, getting them all here was some feat in the first place.