Options

Should I tell them about my holiday

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an update people...I have informed the employer and they said they can arrange the official start date around my hols if they need to. I am in the training process at the moment.

Also for that person who said it was poor planning...I booked the holiday in jan, whilst I was at uni.
    Now if I was signing on and not actively seeking work people would be calling me workshy.
  • Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    Love_able wrote: »
    Just an update people...I have informed the employer and they said they can arrange the official start date around my hols if they need to. I am in the training process at the moment.

Also for that person who said it was poor planning...I booked the holiday in jan, whilst I was at uni.
    Now if I was signing on and not actively seeking work people would be calling me workshy.

thats good news, it sounds like they really want you, have a good holiday and good luck for the job
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love_able wrote: »
    in the Caribbean and because the flight were cheaper around than that time. Also the way the interviews were set up, I didn't feel exactly comfortable telling them in-front of everyone.

Even if you change dates, it will still be six weeks away?

Perhaps over Christmas is a bit more acceptable, but can cost more unless you arrange the dates to be just before and just after the main rush.

Or perhaps your family stays for six weeks, and you come home after two, for work reasons.

Depends how important you can consider the job.

Edit: sounds like it's sorted now..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you got it sorted out. Nice things to look forward to.