Options

Aliona was so rude

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    The same James Jordan who launched tirades against Georgina Bouzova if I recall correctly during training. A-hole

You recall the tirade at Georgina - but not the fact that Georgina is on record as saying she fully deserved it?

Apparently she turned up to training tired late and hung over which is when James let her have it.

She is also on record as saying that he was a great teacher and she liked him a lot - not something you would say about someone who was awful to you and bullied you! Not one of his partners have got anything bad to say about him - even Vanessa, so that says a lot more about James than the reputation he got from the BBC showing ONE out of context clip in his first series.

Don't believe everything you see in heavily edited short clips!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Amazing how the press creates all this stuff.

It started with this from the Mirror
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancings-aliona-vilani-4392001

When they put something in single quotes, it does not mean that the person actually said that and they may have said nothing.

It all seems to be based on Aliona re-tweeting these messages of support, a few of which expressed hopes she would get a contender next year, but mainly just a mixture of support for Aliona and a number supporting her and Gregg.
    https://twitter.com/AlionaVilani

Other newspapers seem then to have repeated the Mirror's imaginings and the quote from a source. A source just means some unidentified person spoke those words for some reason.

Reading the re-tweets shows there is nothing untoward in Aliona's behaviour - in fact she is supportive of Gregg.

I thought I was going mad when I looked through her tweets! She wasn't being anything but supportive of Gregg, she even tweeted a message thanking him for his hard work and effort. It's ridiculous how people will twist things.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I thought I was going mad when I looked through her tweets! She wasn't being anything but supportive of Gregg, she even tweeted a message thanking him for his hard work and effort. It's ridiculous how people will twist things.

Nothing good comes from using twitter.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is an introvert. So when she's not grinning like a Cheshire cat and not touching her partners all over, people assume she's arrogant and rude.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aye. It's no better than a toilet wall.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't say nothing good comes from it, but a hell of a lot of bad stuff does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the way Aliona is treated on this forum and I would like to make a few points.

I follow Aliona on twitter and I saw only tweets that were very supportive of Gregg.

She retweeted messages from her fans who were supportive of her and many were supportive of Gregg too. One or two hoped she would get a partner who would go further in the competition next year.

In both interviews I saw with Aliona and Gregg there was nothing to suggest in the body language to suggest he and Aliona didn't get on. She was relaxed ad smiling and very supportive of him.

Aliona does not gush like and does not pretend like some of the other pros. If she is smiling and relaxed looking you can be sure it is genuine.

There are many people on this forum who see what they want to see.

Never believe what you read in certain papers especially Strictly related.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    The trouble is that in this instance we seem to be in a position where to support Gregg, or to care about his mental state, is to attack Aliona. To defend Aliona is to characterise Gregg as 'thug' and 'creep'. To defend James's right to an opinion is (probably) indefensible.

Except I rather like all three. I admire Aliona's spirit and determination to follow her own course. I am amused by Gregg and believe he has some generous qualities. It was horrible to read of him coming so badly unstuck. I frankly enjoy the astringent, funny and confrontational James, and respect his opinion even when I don't agree with him.

There's no need to follow the tabloids' twist on things.

I agree with all you say. Well on this subject anyway (don't want to get too carried away.....:);-))
  • Options
    Gill_BrettGill_Brett Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    This is very unfair all the flack Aliona is getting she's been nothing but supportive of Greg. Strictly need to do something about the tabloids and their constant making up of stories that some people are taking as fact. >:(
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell do people use twitter.

It's a genuine question. I am not on any form of social media apart from here and that is purely because of BB & the old C4 website ....and the enjoyment I get from a good old debate.

I am not an elder lemon, far from it,.but I loathe the facebook, instagram and twitter agenda. To me it smacks of narcissism.

I'm not a fan or detractor of Aliona, but why re tweet those contributions about her getting a "hotter, younger partner".:( Absolutely no need and not cool on Aliona's part.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a genuine question. I am not on any form of social media apart from here and that is purely because of BB & the old C4 website ....and the enjoyment I get from a good old debate.

I am not an elder lemon, far from it,.but I loathe the facebook, instagram and twitter agenda. To me it smacks of narcissism.

I'm not a fan or detractor of Aliona, but why re tweet those contributions about her getting a "hotter, younger partner".:( Absolutely no need and not cool on Aliona's part.

Thought I had missed something in Aliona's re-tweets, so went back and looked through them again. Not one of them mentions getting a hotter or younger partner.

The few that say anything about who they wish for next year is someone who has dance potential or will be able to dance well.
  • Options
    Gill_BrettGill_Brett Posts: 235
    Forum Member

The retweets were not detremental to Aliona's former partners they were people hoping to see her next year with a contender which means we get to see more of Aliona.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »

I also saw Big Brother, so not every basis of my opinion about that dreadful man comes from SCD, most of it is from his dreadful behaviour on BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Love that Gregg and Aliona's frosty relationship made it onto Have I Got News For You. Apparently Gregg said he would be unlikely to have an affair with Aliona because she is 'not one of the happy cuddlies', to which they said on HIGNFY, 'She probably is Gregg, just not with one of the chubby baldies'.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    You recall the tirade at Georgina - but not the fact that Georgina is on record as saying she fully deserved it?

Apparently she turned up to training tired late and hung over which is when James let her have it.

She is also on record as saying that he was a great teacher and she liked him a lot - not something you would say about someone who was awful to you and bullied you! Not one of his partners have got anything bad to say about him - even Vanessa, so that says a lot more about James than the reputation he got from the BBC showing ONE out of context clip in his first series.

Very well said, I didn't expect to read negative comments about James in a thread entitled "Aliona was so rude" ... should have known better .... I've only met Aliona once and she was very pleasant and friendly to everyone in the room
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love that Gregg and Aliona's frosty relationship made it onto Have I Got News For You. Apparently Gregg said he would be unlikely to have an affair with Aliona because she is 'not one of the happy cuddlies', to which they said on HIGNFY, 'She probably is Gregg, just not with one of the chubby baldies'.

I saw no frostiness in their relationship. I think at the beginning Aliona had to let Gregg realise there was no time for joking around all the time. Once he got the message and knuckled down she was happy. There was only warmth between them when they were interviewed after their final show. It was the same in their final interview on ITT. I am sure it is still available in the Strictly website if you don't believe me.
  • Options
    CottontailCottontail Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Except I rather like all three. I admire Aliona's spirit and determination to follow her own course. I am amused by Gregg and believe he has some generous qualities. It was horrible to read of him coming so badly unstuck. I frankly enjoy the astringent, funny and confrontational James, and respect his opinion even when I don't agree with him.
    This, apart from astringent, I'm really not sure that James would understand this? But then again my humour has been described as dry!! Ha ha ha, yes I am laughing at my own joke, John Cleese does
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can understand how relationships develop between the dancers and the celebs but I think it gives a bad impression when it happens too much. It could give randy contestants the notion that they can get their leg over with whoever they get as their partner.

Aliona is not one of those dancers. Especially now she is happily married.

She is a lovely lady and a most beautiful dancer and I wish the BBC would get over whatever they have against her and give her a good partner next year, if they do have her back, which I fear they may not. Even a middle of the road contestant would do, just not another duffer.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that missing the point? i.e. That is exactly what she is being criticised for; i.e. for supposedly not wanting a "chubby baldy". Maybe the HIGNFY panel don't know enough about Strictly to understand the (unintended) irony of the comment.

Although, having said that, following some apparent initial disappointment on both sides, I've found nothing to criticise in Gregg and Aliona's subsequent partnership.

(I might add that Ian Hislop looked slightly embarrassed following the comment. I wonder how people would feel if the tables were reversed and a female celeb were described in a similar, obviously not exactly the same, way in relation to their male professional partner.)