Options

Remember the comedy series "2 Point 4 Children"

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was watching some old episodes the other day and it was really funny I especially loved the Rhona and Christina characters they should have been main characters not just support.

Shame Gary Olsen died when he did as maybe the series could have continued and become what "My Family" became.

btw Claire Buckfield was a much better Jenny than the original who I hated.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was just mentioning Georgina Cates the other day in a thread about unknown actresses.

I think her overbite is quite cute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I loved that programme but hate 'My Family'

He died much too young.

Aren't one of the actors in Hollyoaks now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear I never knew he died, and so young!!:(

Hope he is resting in peace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that programme but hate 'My Family'

He died much too young.

Aren't one of the actors in Hollyoaks now?

Yeah John Pickard, brother of Nick Paickard who is also in Hollyoaks
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favourite shows as a child. It's a shame GOLD don't repeat it anymore, or they didn't release the whole series on dvd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheEEfan01 wrote: »
    One of my favourite shows as a child. It's a shame GOLD don't repeat it anymore, or they didn't release the whole series on dvd.

I got the ehtire series on DVD from some internet site a few years ago, its just UK Gold recordings though but its better than nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Only found out the other day that Steph Waring (Cindy in HO) is the daughter of Belinda Lang (the mum) - although it's obvious now I know!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Alias_fan wrote: »
    Only found out the other day that Steph Waring (Cindy in HO) is the daughter of Belinda Lang (the mum) - although it's obvious now I know!
    I don't remember her mam looking like this
    http://www.thebeergoggler.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/stephanie_waring_loaded_magazine_september_2009_8-475x708.jpg

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the thing with the guy on the motorbike all about? I'm sure it was only in the first couple of seasons and then forgotten about? Don't quote me on that though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    What was the thing with the guy on the motorbike all about? I'm sure it was only in the first couple of seasons and then forgotten about? Don't quote me on that though!

That was quite weird as was the "dont go MIA" thing in Series 3 which was telling them not to go to Miami
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    trawets09 wrote: »
    That was quite weird as was the "dont go MIA" thing in Series 3 which was telling them not to go to Miami

Yeah some episodes were weird but I think it has to be one of the funniest all time comedies. I think had Gary Olsen not tragically died when he did it would probably have continued and we might never have got My Family... The Deep and After the Fox were probably my favourite episodes... I remember watching After the Fox with my sister when it first broadcast and being in absolute hysterics at the last line... :D
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    Its up on wikipedia, Stephanie Waring was asked about it and said it wasnt true
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this was a good show.
    I saw some episodes on GOLD last year but would like to watch this again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    essexpete wrote: »
    Its up on wikipedia, Stephanie Waring was asked about it and said it wasnt true

Oh right... :o they do look as though it could be true though!

I'm not sure where I heard it now (but it definitely wasn't wiki), but I normally check IMDB and it doesn't say so on there so I'll assume what I heard was rubbish!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Belinda Lang doing these days? I remember her promoting a theatre tour she was doing a while ago but she looked terribly thin. She was always slim, but I was wondering if she had been ill. Terribly sad about Gary Olsen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I thought the Christmas specials were the best.

For me it bought together EVERYTHING a xmas special should be. Not just another episode with a bit of tinsel, but a full on event.

Matt
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He kept popping up during the first series, then we saw in a news report at the start of the second series that he'd died in an accident, then in the last episode of that series he appeared as a sort-of guardian angel when David is in a coma. He isn't mentioned again after that.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member

No, you're right, he featured in the first two series, he was killed and Bill only found out via the news. Then when David was seriously ill, he visited him in hospital and said it wasn't David's time yet, and then was sort of a ghost in the third series warning them not to go. I don't think he was featured again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maffie wrote: »
    I thought the Christmas specials were the best.

For me it bought together EVERYTHING a xmas special should be. Not just another episode with a bit of tinsel, but a full on event.

Matt

I loved the Christmas specials, wasn't one referred to as nightmare on whatever street Bill's mum lived? We then had it as our Nightmare on my Gran's street, I liked the Blues Brothers episode too.
  • Options
    Maid MarianMaid Marian Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I loved 2point4 children and I had the box set for Christmas. I'd forgotten just how funny it was and still can't believe the BBC didn't repeat the series when Gary Olsen died.

The box set can be bought at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Point-Children-DVD-Belinda-Lang/dp/B000AQQHS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275857041&sr=1-2

and Play.com http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/717847/2-Point-4-Children-The-Complete-Series-1-3/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

Although I'm sure it wasn't that much when I had it on my wishlist!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's because they're now deleted DVDs and buying them second hand is the only option, hence the price hike.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    Oh right... :o they do look as though it could be true though!

I'm not sure where I heard it now (but it definitely wasn't wiki), but I normally check IMDB and it doesn't say so on there so I'll assume what I heard was rubbish!
    Problem with wiki some trickster writes a fib about someone and its treated as gospel:(. I only found it wasnt true as posted it on the soap forum here and some fellow HO fans told me Stwph had denied it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    He kept popping up during the first series, then we saw in a news report at the start of the second series that he'd died in an accident, then in the last episode of that series he appeared as a sort-of guardian angel when David is in a coma. He isn't mentioned again after that.
    No, you're right, he featured in the first two series, he was killed and Bill only found out via the news. Then when David was seriously ill, he visited him in hospital and said it wasn't David's time yet, and then was sort of a ghost in the third series warning them not to go. I don't think he was featured again.

Thanks for that. I wasn't an avid follower at first, and couldn't understand why he was there and if it was only Bill that ever saw him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. I wasn't an avid follower at first, and couldn't understand why he was there and if it was only Bill that ever saw him.

I watched a lot, and I don't know whether it was only Bill that saw him, I remember Bill couldn't drive, and she got into Ben's van in a huff and driving, and the biker was behind her on the bike and guided her home. It was only Bill that saw his death on the news, but David recognised him when he was ill, didn't he?
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy it a lot when it was first on. Haven't seen it for a long time though - yes, the christmas specials were very good.